Sending a Desktop Computer, Screen and Printer from the US to Israel in a Container - Computer Technical Support - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Sending a desktop computer, screen and printer from the USA to Israel in a container

I live in the US and ship a container with equipment to Israel,

I have a desktop computer (based on i5 and 16GB of memory) that I wonder if there is a reason why No Send it in a container to Israel

(And to avoid buying a new computer in Israel).

The cost of shipping to Israel is negligible, because the volume is void in the sixties compared to the volume sent in any case.

1. The power supply of the computer is 100v-240v, do we need to check something else in favor of suitability for Israel?

2. Should I disassemble the hard disk (2TB, No SSD) and wrap it separately, or is it actually more protected that is inside the wrapped computer?
3. Should the memory sticks be disassembled or sent when they are inside the computer?

4. I also have an AOC E2770S screen that costs around $ 300 which is suitable for 100v-240v - is there a reason not to wrap well and send?

5. Same question regarding the EPSON WF-2750 printer.

As stated, the cost of shipping is not a parameter, all products are suitable for the electricity network in Israel, etc.

Is there a reason I did not think about why there is no point in sending?

Edited By Ben Gordon
Link to content

The only thing I would suggest disassembling from the computer and wrapping separately is the video card if there is one.
All the other things sound perfectly reasonable to move, but I would also wrap them in quite a lot of packaging material because you will know how to deal with the container.

Link to content

If you are returning from a mission then check carefully what is allowed to be brought. There is a list of customs. Gas grill / good smokers come out in the US for half price from Israel. 

If not you then to a relative. 

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site