Recommendation for a smartphone for a 12-year-old - below are models, prices and a question. Gadgets and Mobile - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Recommendation for a smartphone for a 12-year-old - below are models, prices and a question.

Ben gordon

I would love a recommendation for an inexpensive smartphone for a 12 year old,
Who needs communication with parents and with While she goes to school independently / classes etc.
A year ago after reading testimonials we purchased a Nokia 2.3 Shimmer One costing $ 130,
But it is very slow and inconvenient to continue using.
We do not have a specific budget, but we see that at a cost of about 500 NIS / $ 130, we received a bad product, despite the recommendations,
So I guess you need to invest more, about 1,000 NIS and up north.
I would love to get a recommendation for a suitable cellphone, it is of course better as cheap as possible, but not as slow as the previous device.

1. We have the option to purchase in the US but according to the prices I have seen and appear below, the differences are usually very small,
And there seems to be no real justification for buying in the US instead of in Israel, am I wrong?

2. If purchasing in the US, make sure the device is Unlocked SIM Free,
In addition, on the iPhone we know how to make sure that the model matches the frequencies of cellular operators in Israel,
But how do you verify this on Android devices?

3. Here are the models I found that are recommended and also the prices, I would love to know what your recommendation is:

Android

• סמסונג A52 costs NIS 1,349 (in the US $ 400, about NIS 1,320)
  • To be accurate X3 Pro costs NIS 1,249 (in the US $ 250, about NIS 830)
  • Realme 7 costs NIS 1,299 (in the US $ 240, about NIS 800)
  • One Plus Nord N10 Costs NIS 1,100 (in the US $ 290, about NIS 960)

In terms of , I see these are the costs:

• IPhone 8 (renewed, almost no new) Volume 64 GB SIM Free Unlocked
    Costs $ 210 (about 700 NIS) including local tax in the US, in Israel about 1,000 NIS (new, Japanese model)

• IPhone X (renewed, almost no new) Volume 64 GB SIM Free Unlocked
    Costs $ 350 (about 1,150 NIS) including local tax in the US, in Israel about 1,800 NIS (new, Japanese emphasis).

• IPhone XR 64 GB SIM Free Unlocked
    Costs $ 530 (about NIS 1,750) including local tax in the US, in Israel about NIS 1,700 (usually from October)

Thanks.

Link to content

Xioami Poco X3 (whether PRO or ) Sounds good. Buy quietly in the US. Will work in the country without problems, including support for Hebrew. And his adapter is dual voltage anyway. I think even big on a 12 year old but investing in something more expensive is just not worth it.

And besides, are you sure that after you got rid of Trump, you want to come here to little Trump?

Link to content

Released (Edited)
Quote of eliezer

Xioami Poco X3 (whether PRO or NFC ) Sounds good. Buy quietly in the US. Will work in the country without problems, including support for Hebrew. And his adapter is dual voltage anyway. I think even big on a 12 year old but investing in something more expensive is just not worth it.

And besides, are you sure that after you got rid of Trump, you want to come here to little Trump?

????????????

So which cellphone is recommended in the bottom line?

Redmi Note 10 and Samsung A52?

And just out of curiosity, how do you make sure the device is suitable for Israel?

I know how to test this with , But what about Android?

Edited By Ben Gordon
Link to content

Quote of eliezer

Xioami Poco X3 (whether PRO or NFC ) Sounds good. Buy quietly in the US. Will work in the country without problems, including support for Hebrew. And his adapter is dual voltage anyway. I think even big on a 12 year old but investing in something more expensive is just not worth it.

As I understand it, the One Plus Nord N10 Less recommended, because its screen is not something, the ultra wide camera is not good, 
His fingerprint reader is slow and he will not get updates after 11.

In addition, I realized that Priced too high with its intermediate processor.

I also realized that the foucault is less suitable for children's hands.

It appears that Redmi Note 10 is the most suitable, no need for Pro (mostly camera improvement),
Or pay a little more for it A52.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site