Transfer Windows 10 obtained with a free upgrade to a new computer. Windows forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Transfer Windows 10 obtained with a free upgrade to a new computer.

dog

I did a free upgrade on the Windows 8.1 to 10 Pro network at the time.
In the settings I have activated with digital license
I read in several places about the way to reinstall Windows on a new computer I am buying.
I also realized that Windows obtained in this way is associated with the hardware of the computer.

• So before I install on the new computer I need to disable it on the existing computer?
    Windows sits on an existing computer on a drive .
    New I will use the drive Another new.

• With the support of Microsoft write this:

If you have a digital license, run the Activation troubleshooter.

You'll need to first add your Microsoft account and link your account to the digital license on your device. After linking your Microsoft account, run the Activation troubleshooter to reactivate 10.    

This troubleshooter will only be available if your copy of 10 (version 1607 or later) is not activated. 

To use the Activation troubleshooter:

1. Sign in as an administrator. For more info, see Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

2. Select the Home  button, then select Settings  > Update & Security  > Activation  > Troubleshoot . The troubleshooter will show Windows can not be activated on your device.

Open Activation settings

3. Select I changed hardware on this device recently, then select Next.

4. Enter your connected account and password, then select Sign in. The troubleshooter will only work with the connected account.

5. From the list of devices that are linked to your account, select the check box next to This is the device I'm using right now. 

6. Select Activate.

What is not clear to me is that if I am in the installation phase for the new computer and still do not actually have Windows how do I even get into everything written above?

Link to content

Either I did not understand, or I did not explain myself.
As I wrote I have what is called digital interviewing.
Also instructions on how to use it.
The thing is that if before I even have Windows installed, I can do nothing.
I would appreciate it if you could explain it in plain language.

Link to content

You need to understand that there is a separation between install That it can be done without a license at all and between the activation which is the action that connects between And the license.

In any case, if I understand the sequence of actions correctly:

1. You open a Microsoft account

2. You connect the digital license to the account you opened (I guess you do this on the computer where the digital license is installed but it is not really written how it is done)

3. You install On the new computer (no license yet)

4. are you The steps you copied above to connect the digital license to the new installation.

Link to content

Ok, I understand, thank you.
I am developing on the new computer so I asked among other things if when I do this and as a mirror, according to their explanation that it is related to hardware, the previous computer will be canceled, or become without activation.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site