Computer Shoot - Page 4 - Consulting Before Buying A Computer - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Computer to take pictures

There is no real difference with panoramas in Photoshop compared to the raw in Lightroom. They both do both connection, both content aware and stabilization of clarity.

By and large it may not have been put to the test, but I have noted here the differences. see picture. The numbers are in seconds at the bottom.

a.thumb.jpg.c9e1106c5c5dbd83f33e219585928c29.jpg

Link to content

Hi, I went through everything you wrote @Nir Roitman @ A-10 And there seems to be an advantage to an external and unstructured video card. I will note as I noted at the beginning that I work with 2 monitors in parallel and from what I saw this is a problem with the built - in card. Beyond that I will give you an example of the work I require from the system :

3 Adobe software open simultaneously in Photoshop + Leitrum + Bridge - I sometimes work with switching from one to another or on projects in parallel in 2 software for example importing files in Leitrum while retouching other files in Photoshop to which I draw the photos from the bridge. I want a system that I can export hundreds of files (RAW) in Lightroom while I can still work in Photoshop without the computer crashing, at the moment I'm exporting only I know I'm leaving the computer for the time it needs which is sometimes an hour or more. The edits I make in Photoshop are sometimes very heavy (fashion or lifestyle productions) with dozens of layers that create huge files which also limits me at the moment to work on one file at a time and not multiple file openings, in addition to the usual things running in the background WhatsApp etc. I do not want to settle for a spin system but aim for a system that can successfully handle the load for a good few years, I understand that the requirements of 11 will be much heavier than I have now so it is also important for me to think ahead. What I'm looking for may not exist on a 5-6 budget but my comparison is to a system I currently have that has cost about the same and has been working for a good few years. If it's worth the wait (week / month I did not understand how long?) In order to get good components at sane prices I do not care I prefer the system to be quality for a long time and not be satisfied with what is currently due to limited budget

Link to content

There is a benefit to using an external video card and this is indeed the case without arguing. (Although in the video that a10 presented it completely turned off the video card (using software rendering and not hardware) and not just use a built-in video card that has hardware acceleration capabilities). The question at the end is if it will come at the expense of the total budget of the other components and then it would be a shame. For the spinach developer if there is an option to stretch the budget a bit then you can buy some relatively simple video card from the last few years which was midrange and the like - it will be enough for most things and give you good editing skills in terms of performance.

If 5700g were sold in the country then I would even recommend it and save the discussion.

Edited By Nir Roitman
Link to content

Thanks for the response.

Your approach is correct in my opinion - 

I mean you want a system that can handle tasks in parallel without 

No burps and hiccups, regardless of one video card or another.

Look here -

image.thumb.png.e753059294ce69b1c5f6aeff1b7d9901.png

Anyway, check out this page - 

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Lightroom-Classic-141/Hardware-Recommendations

It seems to me that in light of what you described, you should go for a Reisen 5800X and 64GB processor .

Even if it means an increase in budget.

And an external video card, of course.

If it is acceptable for you to see things in this spirit, you will update and continue, me or Nir.

Of course there are better systems, but there is no end to it, just as there is no end to "new hardware is coming out soon ...".

Link to content

As for their recommendation to buy 64GB of Leitrum - so just for this test I did my own test. I took a gallery of a client from Leitrum with all the raw files that all have editing (a global rifle in previous sync and most of the parameters are used there except for proportion and unused stuff) and also this part of the psd files. There were 549 files of 24 megapixel resolution. Exporting them all in maximum quality from raw to jpg took me exactly 5:10 minutes. And here I attach the average use of ram and system. From this you will understand if there is a use of 64 GB in Leitrum.141643473_Screenshot2021-07-14153121.thumb.png.e1f08ab1a180854ec3689f32c9642805.png2136664828_Screenshot2021-07-14153105.thumb.png.99960864c1c59b684f2178c9fd224e8e.png

Edited By Nir Roitman
Link to content

It was not said that it needed 64 for Leitrum.

On the contrary, they say that 32 is more than enough.

64 GB is recommended if you are also working on large files in Photoshop,

That is exactly the situation with the opener of the discussion.

Link to content

Quote of A-10

Thanks for the response.

Your approach is correct in my opinion - 

I mean you want a system that can handle tasks in parallel without 

No burps and hiccups, regardless of one video card or another.

Look here -

image.thumb.png.e753059294ce69b1c5f6aeff1b7d9901.png

Anyway, check out this page - 

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Lightroom-Classic-141/Hardware-Recommendations

It seems to me that in light of what you described, you should go for a Reisen 5800X and 64GB processor זיכרון.

Even if it means an increase in budget.

And an external video card, of course.

If it is acceptable for you to see things in this spirit, you will update and continue, me or Nir.

Of course there are better systems, but there is no end to it, just as there is no end to "new hardware is coming out soon ...".

Sounds completely logical and true to me. I will go over what you sent in the evening, that you say increase this budget in the direction of 6-7 or in the direction of 9?

Link to content

Quote by Nir Roitman

As for their recommendation to buy 64GB of Leitrum - so just for this test I did my own test. I took a gallery of a client from Leitrum with all the raw files that all have editing (a global rifle in previous sync and most of the parameters are used there except for proportion and unused stuff) and also this part of the psd files. There were 549 files of 24 megapixel resolution. Exporting them all in maximum quality from raw to jpg took me exactly 5:10 minutes. And here I attach the average use of ram and system. From this you will understand if there is a use of 64 GB in Leitrum.141643473_Screenshot2021-07-14153121.thumb.png.e1f08ab1a180854ec3689f32c9642805.png2136664828_Screenshot2021-07-14153105.thumb.png.99960864c1c59b684f2178c9fd224e8e.png

Understand what you're saying and still prefer to have some extra giga of Ram free to harm I guess it can not

Link to content

Well if you can stretch the budget then it is always great and there is nothing wrong with that. In the end slowly it might pay off again. In fact it's just the same specifications with the addition of a video card. Regarding addition So I would like to point out that if you only add 16GB to 48GB - then probably the memories will not work in dual channel. Therefore for maximum bandwidth the jump will be towards 64 GB of RAM and then there will be another addition in the price.

@photo

Link to content

Quote from photo

That you say increase this budget in the direction of 6-7 or in the direction of 9?

6-7,

9 seems excessive to me. Possible, but excessive.  :)

With all due respect, it's not a trio either B - .

We will try to gather as little as possible, without giving up the necessary.

Link to content

Here again in connection with memory in a more convenient way (for some reason instead of copying, I put a picture ...) -

How much does Lightroom need?

While the exact amount of you need is going to depend on the size and number of images you will be working with, we generally recommend a minimum of 16GB for all our systems. For most users, 32GB of should be enough for the majority of workflows. However, if you work with especially large images / catalogs or use the machine for other things like editing large images (750MB +) in Photoshop, you may need 64GB or more system .

Link to content

I had to do a test to understand and show what it takes to get 32 ​​GB of RAM utilized without the software wanting to save RAM (because they are also able regardless of going to a swap file that I do not have anyway). For this I opened and saved at the same time a 6.6 GB psb file in Photoshop with over 40 layers. I exported 549 raw files of 24 megapixels in parallel with most of the possible settings, and opened all the pages on my personal site that total about 92 pages full of more than 1000 תמונות (Because the site loaded fast so he finished loading all the pages before I had time to take a photo when he downloaded). Then I got to almost 32GB of RAM. So if it is possible to utilize 64 GB of RAM, it is possible. If must in any case for Photoshop, Does not have to in most cases.

1366941031_Screenshot2021-07-14182347.thumb.png.cdea097753034800e6ebcbace86c10ae.png1395021828_Screenshot2021-07-14182311.thumb.png.bbe169607f6d04359685bb6cf0a3155f.png

Edited By Nir Roitman
Link to content

Quote by Nir Roitman

I had to do a test to understand and show what it takes to get to 32GB of RAM

Walla, appreciate that.

Maybe you will have a hard time with PUGET with a question about it?

I wonder what they have to say ....

editing:

Or are they taking a piece of safety factor?

And what do you think @urib  ?

Edited By A-10
Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Amazon's parade continues

Amazon's parade continues

Come and be impressed by another list of great prices for quality hardware products and gadgets that can make your credit cards work overtime