Consultation after replacing a video card and replacing fans of the case - not sure if the temperatures are normal (RTX 3080 and Be-quiet fans) - Overclocking and cooling - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Consultation after replacing the video card and replacing the fans of the case - not sure if the temperatures are normal (RTX 3080 and Be-quiet fans)

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded a video card and chassis fans, my computer specification is:

Case:  ECLIPSE P400S

Fan Chassis: All new from Pure Wings 2 PWM - in the form of 2 up, one in front and one in back.

Processor: INTEL 8700K 

CPU Cooling: NH-D15S

Graphics Card: 3080 OC

The dilemma:

I noticed that when I play these summer days (if related), the temperatures are:

Graphics Card: GPU comes to 73 Degrees, temp of memory video card comes to 82 Degrees (resting range for exertion is 45-75)

Processor: Range of 37-88 Degrees, is it not a lot to get to 88 in the processor?

In addition the fans of the video card reach 80 percent utilization around 2200RPM

Are there any problems here? 

Note: Effortless, processor at 37 degrees and graphics card at 45 degrees).

Thank you friends.

Temp control mode while playing

load.png

Edited By --Shadow--
Link to content

• --Shadow-- changed the title to Consultation after replacing the video card and replacing the fans of the case - not sure if the temperatures are normal (RTX 3080 and Be-quiet fans)

88 for a processor without any OC and with a heatsink like that is a lot. Even with an original heatsink of That sounds like a lot to me. 

As for the video card 73 sounds reasonable to me and I read on the net that gigabytes in the last generation have problems with heat dissipation to memories but 82 it is not terrible.

I guess the computer is dust free, etc.

I guess you put your hand in the back to feel that hot air is also coming out of the computer.

In this situation you are left with dry thermal grease between the rib and the processor 

Link to content

Released (Edited)

The computer store replaced as part of the video card upgrade and fans, did a general cleaning and replaced the thermal ointment.

Am I supposed to go back to them?

By the way, could it also be related to the chassis fans that have all been replaced?

They are of the PURE WINGS 2 PWM type very quiet, could it be that because they do not turn fast (because of the type they are quiet) it causes the whole case to heat up very quickly?

Edited By --Shadow--
Link to content

Quote of A-10

I mean, an ointment substitute Cooling Between processor and its cooling.  :)

I have no doubt that Kakado understands interest, but there is a problem of stores / technicians who think it is an ointment , So you may want to stick to the terminology.

It is not a "cooling paste" it is just a better heat conductor than air, it is designed to plug tiny grooves between two completely non-smooth surfaces. Need very little of the thermal grease.

With really a lot of sky then sometimes it works and sometimes it creates a situation where there is too thick a layer of grease.

For his own sake, 

By and large, if you paid someone to replace you with thermal grease recently then go back to it. 

If you want to be a little more serious, ask the store what grease they use. If he has no name to give you, ask what his quality is - heat transfer coefficient.

He who respects himself and the materials he works with, is not ashamed to say what they are and even takes pride in them. 

If he also does not know how to answer this question, then go back to him and ask for thermal grease to be re-applied, and you will pay 30-40 NIS extra for a tube of :

Arctic Cooling MX-4 2019

Or something similar .

The above has a heat transfer coefficient of 8.5w / mk which is very good for thermal grease. 

The best non-liquid metal on the market reach 13, not sure it is easy to get them in the country.

Liquid metal reaches 70-90. 

On the other hand, the simple ones have a coefficient of about 5-6 and the white garbage that sometimes put in really stingy stores has about 2-3.

Aluminum has 230, copper 380. ( Approximately )

You want as much contact as possible with the heatsink because it is the best heat conductor in the business and therefore needs a thin layer that is pushed out due to the pressure of the rib.

Edited By yoavke
Link to content

Quote of --Shadow--

Thermal cream

In my humble opinion, this is ^^^^ the most successful terminology .....

Quote of --Shadow--

By the way, could it also be related to the chassis fans that have all been replaced?

Do not think.

Otherwise all components were at an abnormal temperature, not just the CPU.

Link to content

Released (Edited)

Cool, thanks Yoav and A-10! Today I am handing over the computer to the store for a thermal ointment replacement, update later if that is the reason.

I'll ask the store  Arctic Cooling MX-4 2019

Edited By --Shadow--
Link to content

Quote of --Shadow--

I'll ask the store  Arctic Cooling MX-4 2019

Not everyone has everything in stock, You can take something equivalent. There are several products of For example that are supposed to be good. 

The main thing is to make sure that the values ​​are known. 

No store will be happy to put you something in stock and you do not deliver it ... 

https://www.tomshardware.com/best-picks/best-thermal-paste

The nt-nh1 that can be purchased in the country seems to be excellent, better than a kryonaut with 12 ~ w / mk. 

Link to content

Quote of yoavke

Not everyone has everything in stock, You can take something equivalent. There are several products of Noctua For example that are supposed to be good. 

The main thing is to make sure that the values ​​are known. 

No store will be happy to put you something in stock and you do not deliver it ... 

https://www.tomshardware.com/best-picks/best-thermal-paste

The nt-nh1 that can be purchased in the country seems to be excellent, better than a kryonaut with 12 ~ w / mk. 

I checked with the store now they have both, too Noctua NT-H1 and Arctic Cooling MX-4 2019

Does it matter which take?

Link to content

Released (Edited)

Hello, give me an answer, check the computer, replace the thermal ointment, the problem is not related to the CPU, but to the new card that heats everything there.

They still keep checking, but they recommend me:

Replace with cooling water in order to free up space in the case and less hot air that gets stuck in the case.

או

2. Replace case, larger and more ventilated.

what do you think?

The previous card I had, 1080TI would have reached effortlessly at 68, now in the new 3080 there really is a difference - it reaches 72 degrees and 82 to memory, the card seems to be working the same temp in REVIEWS 3080.

Edited By --Shadow--
Link to content

I took 10 very deep breaths to be as polite as possible - sounds unthinkable to me, maybe I did not understand what they mean.

Any interest on his merits  :

There is no problem with the temperature of the video card, is the temperature of the video card the reason for replacing the case?

There is a problem with the CPU temp.

As far as I can see, your CPU works without . Am I wrong and your CPU is in a hurry?

Has the CPU temperature improved after replacing a thermal ointment? 

There is no problem with your case, if there is a fan in the back and it works, it should clear what needs to be removed.

Is there a fan or two on your heatsink? 

If one, you should make sure it is aimed backwards.

If two, you should make sure they are not in opposite directions to each other and that they are both facing backwards. 

Edited By yoavke
Link to content

Released (Edited)

The processor without OC and also the card, all in stock.

The cooling of the processor is with a single fan.

"Has the CPU temperature improved after replacing a thermal ointment?" No, they did CPU load tests only, and with a simple video card - dropped to the 75-80 range.

Maybe it's really it's the fans, or their directions, maybe they were wrong .... Thank you I'll tell them to check the direction of the fans.

Could there be other causes for problems besides fans? Maybe because of their type I wrote down? That they are quiet maybe because it is too weak?

Edited By --Shadow--
Link to content

The temps you get are from a processor that works in OC. They are very high but they will not cause a shutdown.

I hope 88 is what you get for it in 100% CPU effort and not while playing (because synthetic testing over-adopts the CPU).

Let them check the direction of the fans. If all goes well then it seems to me just get off of it. 

After further specific elaboration regarding the 8700k I realized that it comes when the material between the core and the IHS is actually a simple ointment and not a liquid metal or solder.

This means that its heat conduction is not ideal and what is more serious is that there is a decay over time because the quality of the material is impaired.

The solution to this problem is to ignore (until it reaches overheating) or DELID. 

You may have suffered an injury to the internal heat conduction.

Now that I say this to myself, I wonder if it falls under CPU responsibility ...

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site