Buying a new computer (for an existing GTX 1060 6GB) - up to NIS 2,000 - Advice before buying a computer - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Purchase of a new computer (for existing GTX 1060 6GB) - up to NIS 2,000

Hello everyone,

• I have a really old 7 year old computer (fourth generation i5), and with windows 11 requiring a newer processor I feel it might be time to innovate a bit (although even on the current computer the memories, the And the video card [which will be transferred to the new computer] is renewed)
  • The needs are light gaming (FHD screen with a tempo of 60) and a computer that withstands the encodings nicely For Plex.
  • In addition, I decided to use my current video card due to the ticket prices but the assumption is that I will replace it in the future when prices return to normal, so the specification should take this into account.

Below is a specification I assembled in PCPARTPICKER, with my video card and also with memories That is currently at a really affordable price on Amazon (Free shipping, without VAT): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4fbgGq.

what do you think?

image.thumb.png.1cc5ff289322cade1c7b7002ce3e9353.png

The current computer by the way (in addition to the specified video card):

image.png

Edited By dkaro
Link to content

• dkaro changed the title to Purchase of a new computer (for existing GTX 1060 6GB) - up to NIS 2,000

Thanks, there is a recommendation for which power supply?

And as for the memory, do you think it is really right for me to order from Amazon or already order one in the country with the computer?

Link to content

I have some 700w supplier that I bought once (at least 6 years in my opinion), not modular, do not even remember which company / model. The question is how reliable these things are and how much can you trust that it will continue to work for many more years.

Edited By dkaro
Link to content

Quote from VanHalen

Always fun to rejuvenate. But I doubt how much you will feel the difference between the new and the old.

As someone who has moved from I5 6500 to R5 3600 with 1060 6GB I can assure you that you feel very much the difference and that was even two years ago or something before even more demanding games came out towards the CPU.

Link to content

updating:

With the help of the articles on this site, there is also a good power and storage provider from Amazon, so the specification I am currently fixing on is:

https://tms.co.il/builds/259288

image.thumb.png.a6494b53688382afa223e22758321b56.png

Memory:  G.Skill RipJaws V Series 16GB - About 200 NIS

storage: Samsung Electronics 980 SSD 500GB - M.2 NVMe - About 250 NIS

Power Supply: EVGA 220-B5-0650-V1 650 B5, 80 Plus Bronze 650W, Fully Modular - About 200 NIS

I also changed the case to a micro, hope all the parts in general match each other.

What do they say?

Edited By dkaro
Link to content

Well, I have a friend who works at Intel and it turns out I can bring through him At a really, really cheap price.

I can probably bring the 10400 in the NIS 400 range, and I can probably bring the 11700k in the NIS 850 area.

Obviously the discount on the i7 processor is much bigger but the question is if I have any need at all .. what do they say?

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site