Question: Does the NVIDIA GeForce 940MX video card support 3 monitors? Computer Support - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Question: Does the NVIDIA GeForce 940MX video card support 3 monitors?

Yaniv Mas

I have a laptop -X556UQ

i7-7500U / DDR 16GB

WIN10

Video card model listed in the title.

There is one VGA port on the computer and I bought a VGA splitter (2 female 1 male).
When the 2 monitors are connected, they are displayed in a duplicate configuration and not in an expansion configuration as happens between the laptop screen and the 2 external monitors.

The fact that it is not possible to expand a desktop between the 2 external screens, what could be the problem?

I did a search and found no answer. Many offer to buy a dedicated video card however this is not a solution for computers .

Thanks for the helpers.

Edited By Yaniv Mas
Link to content

If you do not have enough ports on your computer then a splitter can not help you, it is not related to the model of the video card. The video card will always see the splitter as a single screen, it can not send two Different through the same connection*. In your case the only option is to buy a USB based video card.

* It is possible through In some situations but quite rare to see someone use it

Link to content

Quote of etal

In your case the only option is to buy a USB based video card.

Hmmm ....

Not exact.

After all, there is HDMI on the mobile .....

image.png.50a3baf9681d47876c2f801a52982e4f.png

https://laptopmedia.com/laptop-specs/asus-vivobook-x556uq/

Therefore, connect one monitor to VGA (without a splitter) and connect the other monitor to .

This way you can see two different views on two screens.

Quote of etal

If you do not have enough ports on your computer then a splitter can not help you, it is not related to the model of the video card

Indeed, the question is not worded correctly.

Link to content

Quote of A-10

Hmmm ....

Not exact.

After all, there is HDMI on the mobile .....

image.png.50a3baf9681d47876c2f801a52982e4f.png

https://laptopmedia.com/laptop-specs/asus-vivobook-x556uq/

Therefore, connect one monitor to VGA (without a splitter) and connect the other monitor to HDMI.

This way you can see two different views on two screens.

Indeed, the question is not worded correctly.

I do have the second connection you mentioned and it is available, I will check it and update, it will take some time because if I do not find it with me or with Harim then I will have to purchase.

Thanks

Link to content

Quote from Yaniv Mas

I do have the second connection you mentioned and it is available, I will check it and update, it will take some time because if I do not find it with me or with Harim then I will have to purchase.

Thanks

No need to hurry.

There is also no need for a super duper hdmi cable.

The most basic will do the job.

It is only possible for the purpose of testing to take a cable between the Yes converter / And connect the mobile to the screen.

Of course in windows select the appropriate mode at the touch of a key And P. key.

Successfully.

Link to content

Quote of A-10

No need to hurry.

There is also no need for a super duper hdmi cable.

The most basic will do the job.

It is only possible for the purpose of testing to take a cable between the Yes converter / Hot And connect the mobile to the screen.

Of course in windows select the appropriate mode at the touch of a key Windows And P. key.

Successfully.

Thanks.
The problem is that there is no connection support The screens only have VGA and need a VGA to converter cable .

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Now it's official: the comeback of the GeForce RTX 2060

Now it's official: the comeback of the GeForce RTX 2060

The intermediate model from the Turing generation adopts the number of active units in its refreshed super version, equipped with double the volume of graphic memory - and goes out to provide a solution to some of the constant demand for more and more video cards