SSD 4TB Westren Digital vs Samsung - Volume - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

SSD 4TB Westren Digital vs Samsung

michmich99

Hey,

I need to make a purchase of a drive 4TB in size, I would have preferred But unfortunately it is more expensive.

My hesitation is about a number of models but I would have preferred to purchase what you think and your experience is more reliable and recommended.

Of course if there are any suggestions regarding models other than the ones I mentioned, then I would be happy if you could advise.

I was looking for 4TB of But I do not think there is such a thing (at least not on Amazon) ?!

Western Digital 4TB WD Blue 3D NAND Internal PC - SATA III 6 Gb / s, 2.5 "/ 7mm, Up to 560 MB / s - WDS400T2B0A

Price - 1530

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QV3XGCP/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Samsung 870 EVO Form Factor 2.5 Inch Intelligent TurboWrite, Magician 6 Software, Black
Price 1960

There is also the QVL 
Price 1602

Which disc is recommended among these and what are their advantages and disadvantages, I tried to read a bit and realized that the QVL less recommended over time, they recorded something related
To read and write that it goes down drastically, (is not it with any SSD?) Anyway, a little was not clear to me so I turned to the forum.
Is the WD the equivalent of the QVL of In terms of performance?
I did not understand 100 percent so I turned to the forum maybe someone could help.

In addition, is it worth your experience from the past to wait for, Do drives of this size have discounts worth waiting for?

Thanks in advance to all the helpers and Happy holidays !!!

Edited By michmich99
Link to content

In the latest Prime Di QVO it sells for $ 323 before shipping and tax on Amazon.

The price at the end of November can be assumed to be lower if you can wait two months.

The EVO reaches price levels similar to drives

The other two are mostly for storage, but I guess you'm looking for something suitable for storage.

In terms of longevity, keep in mind that if most of the information is static and only a little moves the drives will hold for a long time 

What is the drive for and what system does it go into? 

Does it really give an advantage over a mechanical disc for you or is it at all a size limit?

Link to content

Quote of yoavke

In the latest Prime Di QVO it sells for $ 323 before shipping and tax on Amazon.

The price at the end of November can be assumed to be lower if you can wait two months.

Thank you very much for your response.

So if I'm waiting for November, it's not urgent.

Quote of yoavke

The EVO reaches price levels similar to drives NVMe

Why is it like this?

Suppose we take From any other company with the same volume, what are the differences between the And the EVO version that costs so much? (Except for the speed and device)?

Is the EVO considered more reliable?

Are NVMEs considered more reliable compared to the EVO version (I estimate the price difference between NVME and 2.5 is mostly the speed, no)?

Quote of yoavke

What is the drive for and what system does it go into? 

Does it really give an advantage over a mechanical disc for you or is it at all a size limit?

There will be occasional traffic as things are done dynamically, it is difficult to say exactly.

ZA that can be for a few months things will stay in place but then libraries will change and the size of each library of Company X weighs between 10 and 200 GB for one library.

I have a WD 7200RPM (1TB) mechanical disk, I only store it And personal things that Annie attaches great importance to, I have tried to use it for work purposes, it is possible but frustrating over time there are occasional crashes with the software running when things are stored in it, I appreciate that it does not keep up with the pace of data transfer.

There is a mechanical disc WD 5200TB 4RPM, one of the worst purchases I made 3 years ago.

I store things in it, but because it's slow I do not feel like touching it anymore.

Even a month after I got it I did not think at all about selling it, I would not want anyone to get stuck with the sorry for the junk phrase of this drive.

Link to content

Mechanical - The low prices are tempting, but my mechanics are just wd black \ gold. Although a raid of 2 simple may do the job ...

Non-EVO drives that are based on TLC and certainly drives They will transfer the 200 GB at this rate - about the first 20 GB at high speed thanks to the SLC cache and everything else will work at a speed of less mechanical drive for large files and not much faster than mechanical for multi-file.

These drives are supposed to be pretty good for everyday work but once you make a big copy you will actually suffocate the SLC cache and it will hurt normal work. 

EVO drives are an example of a very high quality TLC application when I think that in fact the TLC chips of Better than the rest. 

And in them you should get good performance for all the "depth" of the disk regardless of cache damage. 

It could very well be that what needs to be stored on the side is better left on a quality mechanical drive (or Simple of less than 4 tera) and the daily work exercise on Fast and high quality. 

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13759/comparing-adata-sx8200-pro-vs-hp-ex950/2

The first 5 paragraphs explain about working with And SLC cache.

Note the performance chart, the crucuial p1 is an even cheaper QLC drive .

Look for a test that shows the performance differences between the QVO and EVO at 2 or 4Tra. 

If you are already deducting from the purchase of something cheap, I suggest that you avoid purchasing a cheap product that costs a lot of money or at least meets expectations 

עריכה

QVO has a respectable cache :

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15887/the-samsung-870-qvo-1tb-4tb-ssd-review-qlc-refreshed

But the EVO takes it in stride.

Edited By yoavke
Link to content

Quote of yoavke

Mechanical - The low prices are tempting, but my mechanics are just wd black \ gold. Although a raid of 2 simple may do the job ...

Non-EVO drives that are based on TLC and certainly drives QLC They will transfer the 200 GB at this rate - about the first 20 GB at high speed thanks to the SLC cache and everything else will work at a speed of less mechanical drive for large files and not much faster than mechanical for multi-file.

These drives are supposed to be pretty good for everyday work but once you make a big copy you will actually suffocate the SLC cache and it will hurt normal work. 

EVO drives are an example of a very high quality TLC application when I think that in fact the TLC chips of סמסונג Better than the rest. 

And in them you should get good performance for all the "depth" of the disk regardless of cache damage. 

It could very well be that what needs to be stored on the side is better left on a quality mechanical drive (or SSD Simple of less than 4 tera) and the daily work exercise on SSD Fast and high quality. 

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13759/comparing-adata-sx8200-pro-vs-hp-ex950/2

The first 5 paragraphs explain about working with QLC And SLC cache.

Note the performance chart, the crucuial p1 is an even cheaper QLC drive NVMe .

Look for a test that shows the performance differences between the QVO and EVO at 2 or 4Tra. 

If you are already deducting from the purchase of something cheap, I suggest that you avoid purchasing a cheap product that costs a lot of money or at least meets expectations 

עריכה

QVO has a respectable cache :

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15887/the-samsung-870-qvo-1tb-4tb-ssd-review-qlc-refreshed

But the EVO takes it in stride.

Many thanks for the detailed explanation time.

I was able to form an opinion on the subject with the knowledge you shared and I will go on the EVO.

The difference of NIS 300 in an expense that is also so large is worth the additional investment in the long run.

I have an EVO drive number but 500 GB each, and I am very happy with the drives.

Again, thank you so much for the help.

Edited By michmich99
Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site