Intel's Big Comeback: Core i9 12900K and Core i5 12600K in Review - Page 3 - Processors, Motherboards & Memory - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Intel's big comeback: Core i9 12900K and Core i5 12600K in review

Quote of Kfir

Attached is a list of games that cannot be played at this time with the 12900 processor 
In Windows 11 
In Windows 10 

And when it is possible, it will probably have a price in the processor 
https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/intel-publishes-list-of-incompatible-games-with-alder-lake-(due-to-drm).html

What the hell are you talking about? It's just the crappy DRM they put on it, if you download a hacked game it will work great.

This will have no effect for good or bad on the CPU.

Link to content

It seems to me that on the recurring messages about power consumption and heat it's just inertia and that's fine, it takes time for an opinion to change. Intel has messed up beauty in recent years due to lack of competition and complacency. If you look at sample games, the power consumption is equal to or lower than that of .
If you look at power consumption under maximum load for all cores (which 95% of us here do not) then the 12900K consumes more than AMD by a considerable margin if compared to 5950 and all this casts a shadow on the cooling issue - if you run Synbench all day then you should appropriate. If you play then there is really no reason to take Special or the 12900 in general. The 12600 is excellent for these purposes and more powerful than the 5600 and 5800.

As for innovation - there is no manufacturer in the world that has created a processor In big.LITTLE configuration. This is no less a revolution and we have to wait and see how the software market will take shape as a result of this change.

Link to content

a quote

As for innovation - there is no manufacturer in the world that has created a processor x86 In big.LITTLE configuration. This is no less a revolution and we have to wait and see how the software market will take shape as a result of this change.

This is the problem Did not make a coup!
It just compromised on 10NM light in an 8-core + 8-tiny atomic-core processor.
And did a mix.

The problem is that the software market is not ready for this system and it will take years for software to arrive and open software for an Intel processor 

Do not forget every year Comes out with a new board and a new chip 
And that does not add to the market viability of programming for an unstable manufacturer, at this point.

Until Intel accept Of 5 or 3 NM 

In light of the great heat it is interesting though Released in a new series of 10 NM 
That already today the processors are 100 degrees 
And not for nothing did they wait for winter to launch 
Because in the summer the processors would get hot 
Wait for summer and hear how users shout to cool off

Edited By Kfir
Link to content

Quote of Kfir

Because in the summer the processors would get hot 
Wait for summer and hear how users shout to cool off

Liquid cooler and the story is over, whoever buys the "K" versions will take care of liquid cooling ...
Do not understand why all this FUD.

Link to content

Quote of Lavi 1

Have you heard of air conditioners?

You do not always have to complain.

This is a forum built for bringing hardware issues 
If you or Complain that your product is problematic and there are complaints 
I'm not the address 

And an air conditioner does not solve a heat problem 
I do not have to freeze the room 24/7 
To a processor of Will be able to work 

Link to content

Quote of urib

Liquid cooler and the story is over, whoever buys the "K" versions will take care of liquid cooling ...
Do not understand why all this FUD.

From moment to moment the answers are getting worse and worse 
Quality water cooler in the reviews is just noisy 
And not enough fridge 

And after 3 months the troubles of cooling water rust start and noise rises 
And rising temperature (this requires discharge of this cooler and specialization in cleaning of corrosion) 

Water cooling is only for people who have no experience how bad cooling is 

Link to content

Lior First of all, thank you for another interesting and accurate coverage.
Now, as for what will cool down better - until they have created normal adapters for the lga1700 unfortunately there is not much Air that can fit the task.
Luckily for us, Noctua CM and BQ have already released adapters.

I do not believe in water cooling, from the noise of the pump and air trapped in the radiator to the delusional price that air cooling at a third to a half price can easily accomplish.

Link to content

Quote of Guarding angel

Lior First of all, thank you for another interesting and accurate coverage.
Now, as for what will cool down better - until they have created normal adapters for the lga1700 unfortunately there is not much Cooling Air that can fit the task.
Luckily for us, Noctua CM and BQ have already released adapters.

I do not believe in water cooling, from the noise of the pump and air trapped in the radiator to the delusional price that air cooling at a third to a half price can easily accomplish.

As an amateur Air I agree with you, until you get to Arctic AIO cooling. It is excellent, it is quiet and it is relatively cheap compared to other water coolers on the market.

Link to content

Some are more sensitive and some are less sensitive.

There are those who play and work with So it certainly will not affect them.

There are those who have a TV working for them permanently in a happiness room working in a space where there is a louder noise than the pump does, or probably the pump is not working at a high rpm these days because of a sufficient lie.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site