To Install XviXXCOM 3CRUSB3 on ubuntu - Linux, Mac and other operating systems - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Install Driver to 3COM 3CRUSB10075 on ubuntu

Peace,

Want to install Linux on an old Athlon K7 800MHz computer with 256MB memory. Disk 40GB.

Is there a recommended distribution.

The computer will be used for browsing through the 3COM 3CRUSB10075 adapter that the site has Driver for Unix linux_3CRUSB10075_drv_1_2_0_0.tar.gz

Is the River suitable for any distribution? Which distribution is recommended?

Link to content

Yes I did.

What I'm asking is which distribution is suitable for a weak computer (not to mention history) as I mentioned. It's not written in these stiky, so I missed big time.

I know that Ubuntu is today in fashion. I have no problem with Unix and I'm not looking for anything special in terms of ease - but also not interested in compiling me a sewn kernel for me on the other hand.

What bothers me is mainly distribution that will work well with the current Athlon 800MHz hardware with 192MB And a card 2. And that I can install Driver to the 3COM adapter. I assume that all kinds of modern graphic environments are out of bounds but I would be happy to have a nice and clean one that will work.

I am interested, for example, if such a driver is suitable for any distribution? Or has certain limitations. It needs understanding and experience that I do not have.

I do not mind trying because the computer is not in use anyway.

And how to make good distribution of 40GB in installation.

Link to content

I guess I put it down there, basically, there is not such a big difference between distributions, what does require the resources is the graphical interface.

I would suggest you try installing XUBUNTU because with it you will have easy to fix problems or find drivers

The driver should basically fit any distribution, but not install, install the packages of distribution (and it should be registered in stiki)

And as for distribution, I would do something like

2GB LROT

1.5GB to SWAP

Everything else to HOME

Link to content

And as for distribution, I would do something like

2GB LROT

1.5GB to SWAP

Everything else to HOME

2G LROT seems to be a bit stressed out. I would give 4-6G.

I would give him only 1G

In any case, you should look at suggestions for automatic distribution of the installation.

Link to content

Yes, I got confused : Silly:

But as for the Swap, his memory is a little borderline and if he wants to work with GNOME or open an FF, he'll sort of need it

And they usually do not offer to divide it into rot and heat, they make it connected and then it's a problem to keep the information if something happens to the system

Link to content

Peace,

I installed ubuntu

http://hwzone.co.il/community/index.php?topic=335986.0

And now I do not know how to install the router to 3COM's WiFI USB adapter 3CRUSB10075

linux_3CRUSB10075_drv_1_2_0_0.tar.gz

Anyone have experience?

and another question:

How can I get a command prompt without a graphical environment and root? This is necessary for installing Dreamweaver .

Unix's e-mail is almost impossible to distribute. . . I wonder if I'll still like her?

Link to content

You guy, ignoring what I write and dare to start a new discussion? : nono:

You installed וInstall כל Software do with package manager only

In any case, there is an easy way to install the drivers, using ENVY-NG http://www.albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html

About the card Wireless, the driver's name is ZD1211RW, do you have something like that in the databases?

Editing: I unified and changed the title, tried not to happen again :)

Link to content

Well, there's good news.

First I installed 8.04 and did not work what I wanted (card And display drains).

I tried to work according to ENVY-NG http://www.albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html And it really does not fit the situation I have on the computer. You do not even see the same screens / menus. The samples are probably older versions of the Synaptic.

In any case, it was not possible to attach any reservoir or to find any package that needed to be explained.

Yesterday I decided to install Xubuntu, I thought it was an added interface to a system that already existed and it took me a while to realize that it was a boot disk rather than a package.

Then I found out he was installing a system again. Then it should be emphasized (what does not happen) thatXubuntu This is a different installation rather than an additional graphical package.

With Xubuntu, for some reason, a number of miracles occurred, On a daily basis and we just do not appreciate them enough.

Suddenly the ZD1211RW (used for WiFi cards) was installed and I was able to connect to the world.

Suddenly I also found the Envy-GTK package and was able to install everything I needed. But it turns out that the driver it installed (after automatic downloads of everything needed from the network that works : xyxthumbs:) Is not really successful and I could not get over 800X600, just do not have such options in the menu.

So I threw it out by restoring the X environment (or something at the beginning of the computer) and now everything is fine except that the maximum scan rate in my mode is 75Hz and the screen / card is capable of 85Hz at the current resolution of 1280X1024. Neither researcher nor trying to understand the differences between To Xubuntu but if anyone has an explanation waiting I'd love to hear.

Questions:

1 - Is there a way to get the most out of the display? And get 1280X1024X32 85Hz as I had with Before the upheaval?

2 - Next step - Hebrew, there are special recommendations for installing support in Hebrew or instructions fromDefinition of Hebrew support still valid? Because I found it through the Synaptic http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4701399571178053507

Link to content

the difference between Zubuntu and Kubuntu is the desktop.

There is an over-the-top package for each of the tables that can be reinstalled. These packages are available from the package manager.

It does not explain what happened to you. But the main thing is that everything works.

Regarding Hebrew, the guide is still valid.

If you want to add capabilities to the resolution you will edit the file X. Search the screen name along with the file name.

Link to content

Apparently there was a problem with your repositories, you probably played there with something or the installation was just screwed up and it did not fix them or I do not know

In the context of Hebrew, you will have to define Hebrew as X, and yeshttp://hwzone.co.il/community/index.php?topic=292777.0) Is found in Stiki

As for refresh,

cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf> xorg.txt

Upload the file here

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Sony's Power Show

Sony's Power Show

The Japanese maker has made an impressive appearance for its PlayStation 5 console, with a large number of new gameplay videos and some special surprises