Home network settings with ROUTER, how do you get from one computer to another? Networks and Internet - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Home Network Settings With ROUTER, how do you log on from one computer to another?

Mortar

I have at home the router that Bezeq divides ROTAL RTA 1025W to which are connected two computers with a wired connection and two for wireless laptops.

Everyone surfs with it for fun and everything works fine, just one small problem ... I have no idea how I do SHARING to the web so it will be possible to log in from one computer to another and send for printing from one computer to another.

I work with WIN 7, and all the other computers with SP3.

The IP is set to static 10.0.0.1 (on my computer and everything else in ascending order).

Thank you very much in advance

And happy holiday !

Link to content

Start >> Run >> then //10.0.0.x

Note that it wrote me upside down a bit:(

In any case the X = 1,2,3,4

You said 4 computers, so each computer will have a different ending ..

Once you get into that, then there is access to folders that are shared on every computer

Link to content

Definately not...

I'm with ...

As far as my computer is concerned, there is no such thing as 10.0.0.2 ... it does not exist.

What exists is only 10.0.0.138 which is the router.

The router does know the rest of the company ... but not everyone can identify the computers on the network, only the router itself.

Link to content

Do not tell me "absolutely not"

I understand you're with a router

And that's how to connect.

I have a router like this at home like yours and I did tests with it and it works fine.

Maybe computers are just not defined as shared

So how do you want them to give access?

But anyway any computer that gets IP from your router, then another computer from the network can access it

Or communicate with him

Do ping to 10.0.0.2 say and see

Talk to me on Messenger. If you've got into trouble, I'm happy to help

Link to content

Thanks first of all!

I do not have a messenger so we will give up but really thank you : xyxthumbs:

Listen maybe I'm not doing something basic ... I do not know.

I do not quite understand to the end all the settings of WIN7

Link to content

Funny you never told him to check what IP the computers get. : screwy:

Maybe his Pool is set to a different range at all, or they just did not get the first addresses.

So manually check, on each computer, what IP it gets, set up all the computers in the same workgroup, enable and set up sharing, and good luck.

Link to content

Well, I've made some progress ... I've been able to create But she still has pucks.

The IPs are manually set 1 \ 2 \ 3 \ 4 not automatically and there are no CONFLICTS or anything.

One of the laptops, I recognize him and he recognizes me but I can not get into him and he is not me (and I did SHARE)

Really unclear problem (French image of the ERROR)

And one more annoying thing about WIN7, I can not find a way to change the WORKGROUP name

When I click on my computer in NETWORK then write-

WORKGROUP: WORKGROUP .... unlike the other computers I defined as HOME and they are really identified that way.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site