advanced file sharing in XP - Networks and Internet - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

advanced file sharing in XP

eyaler

Peace

I use advanced file sharing on XP

I am interested in this situation because some libraries need to be shared by everyone on the home network, and some only by certain users.

I know how to set these permissions in the sharing and security tabs of the directories.

My problem is that when I create a new file, say a text file on the desktop, it does not get everyone's security permission

Then when I copy it to the library shared by everyone it can still not be accessed

My question is how do I change the settings in the advanced file sharing so that new files I save or create get everyone's security permission

Then when I copy them into a library shared by everyone, they will indeed be accessible to everyone.

EDIT: The solution I found is that objects inherit the security settings from their parent directory, and my user's document libraries, including the desktop, probably lacked everyone's permission. After I add it, the new files (and following the change also the old ones) can be shared.

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site