A strange insect that I must know its name (type of beetle) - Science and Technology - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

A strange bug that I must know his name (a type of beetle)

Yoav Goldhorn

Inspired by Lizard Discussion:

I live in the north (Haifa) and have had a few times encountering a strange and frightening creature.

I will try to give an accurate description.

The creature is a beetle, but bigger than a mature tarantula (that is, very big fucking). If his legs, and he has such 6 / 8, are not completely spread out, they can be contained in a plastic cup. My neighbor once caught one like that. The color of the "armor" in her back (the one with regular beetles opening to the wings) is brown and her body is black. I did not notice the eyes.

This large beetle has a number of special features that you will not see on a regular beetle:

First of all, she has herons and pinches at the front of her body. The panels look strong.

It is likely that her legs produce glue similar to an ant or that they are hairy like a spider's and therefore can be seen on walls and vertical surfaces. However, I'm not sure she can. I'm not sure if I saw her on a wall or not.

It's slow, I've never seen her fly, although her back seems to open up to the wings.

She is not likely to fly, because (and this is probably the strangest characteristic of her) she has an armored back. Literally, her back is very, very strong.

I came across the creature several times:

The first time I was in my house, after closing the shutter in my room, I heard heavy moans, and after more than an hour of searching I opened the shutter and the creature described on the windowsill was revealed to me. The shutter closed on his back and yet, and though the shutter had closed completely (and that was a heavy thing!) The creature was still alive and did not seem to be damaged, though he had not moved his feet but his senses for a long time. He did go on after that, and went out the window. The armor was not crushed in, which meant that the armor had absorbed the blow and probably only limited the animal's breathing. The armor was not damaged. At first I was pretty scared of the creature (and I was never afraid of any creature I came across at home, including big spiders and big cockroaches).

The second time was two or three days later, in the neighborhood. Some children reported seeing two of them and killing one of them. I did not see the body, but the creature was honest. Two of his legs were cut off one way or the other and he crawled along the asphalt. They called me because I was the only adult who knew that he was not a parent, so I told them to leave the insect quietly and not hurt him.

The third time happened in a pool in my house (no, I'm not minced - just got my building pool). The creature was found next to a few plants in the pool and the little kids were really scared. The rescuer and I tried to beat the creature, who started to run toward the plants, and in the end we had to catch him with the net and throw him on the hill near my house. We prepared it with a lot of things and one of the children even threw a comfortable chair on it. It did not really bother that living tank. The first time I saw the creature moving at a normal speed-the speed of a spider swinging every day. Note that many things were thrown at him and he was hit in the back with a fire extinguisher (by a small child), so not very strongly.

For the fourth and last time he was caught a few months later in the apartment next to me. The dog barked like a madwoman for two hours, the little girls locked themselves in the room and when I got home in the evening I found an open door and two 5 girls and 11 girls crying in their room with one dog going crazy in the corridor. I did not know how to approach the maker and then their parents arrived and the father took two plastic glasses, put the creature in one, sealed it in the other, and threw it out the window.

My father is a very smart person who understands a lot and can give a name to almost every creature you find in your home or in the urban / Israeli nature. He could not even give me an estimate of what kind of animal-whether an insect or a beetle or a spider, or anything else, because any insect we know except the garbage beetle does not have pinches that look like this.

Again-the creature is quite huge. It's bigger than the average adult tarantula, the size of my fully sliced ​​hand. His forearms are long and so are the pinches, his legs are long but fold in several places, and his armor is particularly rigid. It is very disturbing, but rare to see.

How the hell do they call it, and what kind of animal is that ?!

Link to content

Some children reported seeing two of them and killing one of them. I did not see the body, but the creature was honest. Two of his legs were cut off one way or the other and he crawled along the asphalt. I was called because I was the only adult who knew that he was not a parent, So I told them to leave the insect quietly and not hurt it.

Oh, ohh, what a stupid leftist: - \

The insect has no legs, and it's a fucking cockroach. Kill him already and save him from the agony of a legless life ... : Facepalm:

How leftist you can be "Do not hurt him Develop peace talks with him Violence is not the way" ... : nixweiss:

Link to content

Oh, ohh, what a stupid leftist: - \

The insect has no legs, and it's a fucking cockroach. Kill him already and save him from the agony of a legless life ... : Facepalm:

How leftist you can be "Do not hurt him Develop peace talks with him Violence is not the way" ... : nixweiss:

Funny it is not.

I've never seen such a thing, nor did anyone I know. You know, maybe it's something rare and must be preserved.

The guy who brought the rhino beetle:

It's not really that, though it's similar. He has no trunk, I think, just pinches. Apart from that, my insect is bigger than 15.

Link to content

You mean a scorpion, as far as I know there are species that live all over the country. They do not have pinches.

From: The Animal and Plant Lexicon of the Land of Israel - Animals, Vol. 2> Vol. 2 Animals> p.

A series of large spider species (5-1), previously known as scorpions, are missing from the spiny and venous glands, which are large and frightening, like pliers and jagged. Stones, run fast, make noises like snake, although they have no venom, they prey on strong arthropods, even scorpions, and bite them too, but it is not dangerous. Climbing on smooth surfaces, including laboratory strains and animal species, in 800 species, in Israel. Scaly and hairy, so 10 50 types with species, varieties with 5 4 species

http://www.kotar.co.il/KotarApp/Index/Chapter.aspx?nBookID=19152467&nTocEntryID=19225320

Who wants a picture (credit to Wikipedia):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7c/Mav%27aitan.JPG

Link to content

• 4 weeks later ...

This discussion reminded me of a joke:

A scientist is experimenting with grasshopper ... The scientist tells Grasshall to jump and the grasshopper jumps. Immediately after that, the scientist tears off one of the legs, tells him to jump and the grasshopper jumps. The scientist repeats his feet and says, "A grasshopper without legs - can not hear."

:)

Regardless, there are a lot of different types of insects, but in Haifa and the Krayot (with all the chemical factories in the area), it could be something that grew up because of it. I remember a long time ago that services on the Golan Heights were huge insects that lay in the areas of communication facilities (ie, radiation, etc.).

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site