Astronomy - Main Discussion - Science & Technology - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Astronomy - Main Discussion

alex.turovsky

5mldg7.png

For news and updates, please join the Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/michal.lewenstein?v=wall&story_fbid=126496594059710#!/group.php?gid=13782965044

news:

28733_450012984096_519914096_5641040_6583195_n.jpg[br]Published at: 26.09.2010 at 19: 19: 22

05.11.10observation.jpg

On Friday the 05.11.10 will leave for the 101 kilometer, which will see the autumn sky.

Besides watching the variety of clusters, nebulae and galaxies, we will not forget to tell stories of the mythology of the constellations, and we will also spend a joint observation of meteors guided by the Association's Meteor Department.

You must register and provide credit information in order to reserve a seat on the bus at the following link With full details about the observation:

http://www.astronomy.org.il/joomlafimal/index.php?option=com_fabrik&Itemid=285

2u6l7gn.jpg

One of my favorites is astronomy.

Since I always prefer to illustrate in pictures, I wanted to share some here Rare animation (GIF) I found this week.

You are welcome to add Your rare, share with us your experience in the field and ask questions.

On the way, they joined the Israeli Society of Astronomy. From time to time we travel to the Star Observations on the ground and the lectures on Tuesdays and Thursdays are open to the general public.

www.astronomy.org.il

Looking for a telescope? Read the wonderful article by Eden Orion:

http://multimedia.haifa.ac.il/eden/HTML/articles/buying.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++

saying.gif

Info corner: The Givatayim Observatory

In Givatayim there is a one-of-its-kind observatory in Israel open to the general public. Mitzpeh also has the management of the Israeli Astronomical Society.

Every Tuesday and Thursday there are activities and lectures for the general public, each week on a different subject. Every Thursday there is a lecture on another fascinating subject from the world of science (related to astronomy).

* Free entry for members of the association and their families (sign up, it costs only 100 NIS and then sign up for all free activities + get the magazine association!)

** The price for a non-member is 20

Page and Directions to the Observatory:

http://www.astronomy.org.il/joomlafimal/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=36

Lecture times:

www.astronomy.org.il

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++

Basic concepts in astronomy

* Settings from Wikipedia

Star.

From now on you will know that these are synonyms. A star is a very large plasma ball that, unlike a planet, produces its own radiation and emits it into space. The energy generated by the stars originates in nuclear fusion and is emitted into space in the form of electromagnetic radiation and neutrino particles.

Planet (Planet)

A planet is made of sky, not a star, Defined by the International Astronomical Union as follows:

In the Solar System:

(A) is in orbit around the sun;

(B) has a mass large enough for its gravitational pull to create a shape close to a spherical shape;

(C) it turns its course from other objects;

Outside the Solar System:

(1) is orbiting around a star or remnants of a star;

(2) its mass below the mass required for deuterium's thermonuclear melting;

(3) with mass / size requirements for planetary status in our solar system

In our solar system there are about 8 stars when Earth is one of them.

According to the same definitions in our solar system there are eight planets - the four earthly planets Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, and the four gas giants Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune - the latter two are classified in a subset of ice giants.

Solar System The solar system is made up of the sun and the gravitational system of the planets. The large bodies surrounding the sun are the eight planets, joined by dwarf planets and a large number of small bodies such as asteroids, comets and meteors. Some of the bodies around the sun, especially the larger ones, have moons of their own, which accompany them along the orbit.

The solar system was formed approximately 4.5 a billion years ago and is on the arm of Orion, one of the six arms of the Milky Way galaxy.

Newsolar.png

The solar system (not scale): the sun, the four earthly planets (the moon is visible near Earth), the asteroid belt, the four gas giants, and the planet Pluto. In addition, a comet in a high eccentric orbit appears between Jupiter's orbit and Saturn's orbit

mcugs8.png

The Milky Way galaxy (MilkyWay Galaxy)

The Milky Way galaxy is the galaxy of our solar system, one of many billions of galaxies in the universe. It is approximately 100,000 light-years long, 1,000-light-years, and contains about 200 billion stars, such as our Sun, and according to some estimates up to 400 billion stars, which orbit the center of the galaxy at speeds close to 220 kilometers per second. It is located, along with other 35 galaxies, in a cluster of galaxies known as the local group. The local group is just one of many clusters that make up the Virgo cluster, one of the many superconductors in the universe. It is estimated that there are hundreds of billions of galaxies in the universe, and more than 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars.

Studies have shown that in the center of the Milky Way there is a black hole around which all the windows in the galaxy revolve, due to strong gravitational forces operating in this area, which has no observable celestial body.

Our solar system is about 26,000 light-years away from the center of the galaxy, far from the edge of the galaxy, and is close to its plane. Because we look at the galaxy from it, it looks as dark and clean as a white path that runs along the sky. Dark areas in the path are interstellar clouds of dust that hide starlight:

Our galaxy, the Milky Way galaxy during and after sunset, is a photograph from Earth

24n00g7.jpg

Find the word Sun at the center of latitude and longitude. This is our sun, the star of our solar system.

jp7pft.png

Summary of concepts:

What we see in the night sky and call them from childhood "כוכבים"They are just the suns (like our sun) of billions of other solar systems The planet "Earth" revolves around the Sun in theSolar System Ours which is part ofThe Milky Way Galaxy. The Milky Way galaxy contains between 200 and 400 billion stars, and is located, together with 35, Cluster Galaxies referred to as "the local group". The local group is only one of many constituents that comprise the Super cluster Virgin, one of the many superconductors in the universe.

High definition videos that simply explain many topics in astronomy

http://www.cassiopeiaproject.com/vid_courses3_wmv.php?Tape_Name=Space

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++

Appendices

Proportions Why we are a grain in the universe and the connection to the Star Trek

wpdmq.jpg

Proportions The size of our solar system relative to other panes

1es0li.jpg

The atmospheric movement of the planet Jupiter

Jupiter is the fifth planet from the sun and the first in the series of gas planets. Is the planet with the largest mass in the solar system, and is made mostly of gas. About 90% of its mass is hydrogen and about 10% helium. Justice is called "Jupiter" in the name of the Roman god Jupiter.

One of the most striking features is the great red stain, a storm greater than Earth. The planet is covered with a layer of clouds permanently.

There are dark cloud belts on Jupiter's face and a large red stain.

2345985_2.jpg

263bw3d.jpg

Earth movement

11i0lm8.jpg

X

Link to content

• תגובות 359
  • Opens on
  • Last comment
  • 3 weeks later ...

The proportions are simply amazing

Our relation to the sun, and the relation of the sun to the other suns.

It just makes you feel strange

This is the name of the whole earth with all the people in it which are not even a grain of sand in an endless sea and this is the reality we ignore every day ..

It is so spectacular on the one hand and frustrating on the other because I know that at least in my lifetime we will not get there ... and we will not even explore a million of what has to be found outside

There are not as many words as the picture of the windowpanes impresses me every time anew

And the enlargement of that tiny square in the sky that contains more than the other galaxies (and there are certainly more that we do not see them simply because they are far away)

It is unbelievable how much we are immersed in everyday nonsense

Link to content

I argued yesterday with an ultra-Orthodox who claimed that there are only 9 stars in our entire galaxy (and he categorically refused to admit that he was wrong). It was frustrating.

Select above:

Of course we are busy with everyday "nonsense". Perhaps we are all a grain in the infinite dust of the stars, but everything outside has no life (as far as we know). There is no life there, so there is less meaning there. much less.

Besides, people do not like to deal with questions that can not be solved. No matter what we learn about the stars of the universe, we will never know even a billionth of everything there is to know about them. Space is a vast and empty place, and Earth is a tiny but vibrant place. And that's what interests people - life.

Link to content

I argued yesterday with an ultra-Orthodox who claimed that there are only 9 stars in our entire galaxy (and he categorically refused to admit that he was wrong). It was frustrating.

Select above:

Of course we are busy with everyday "nonsense". Perhaps we are all a grain in the infinite dust of the stars, but everything outside has no life (as far as we know). There is no life there, so there is less meaning there. much less.

Besides, people do not like to deal with questions that can not be solved. No matter what we learn about the stars of the universe, we will never know even a billionth of everything there is to know about them. Space is a vast and empty place, and Earth is a tiny but vibrant place. And that's what interests people - life.

and we shall say amen : xyxthumbs:

I just think it's supposed to teach us something. The universe is so vastly unimaginable that it is unimaginable

And its vast living distances is a very rare thing !! And maybe it should make us realize how valuable life is! How much Earth is the only home we have!

It's like a huge desert, and the Earth is not even an oasis ... maybe just a tiny flower.

Link to content

The probability that there is no life there is zero at levels that I can not even write but that I guess something similar to 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001

Why do you assume that the form of life that can exist is an organic form of life? And even if it does not change the likelihood at all

I understand we'll never know what's there but you can imagine it

In short the Earth is small and full of life and the universe is huge and lively as well.

Link to content

Select above:

Of course we are busy with everyday "nonsense". Perhaps we are all a grain in the endless dust of stars But everything outside has no life (as far as we know). There is no life there, so there is less meaning there. much less.

You ask NASA this question, of course you know the answer but ...? You can not read the secret documents they have in the dark safes ...?

Food for thought.

Link to content

I really loved Thurad. Astronomy is fascinating.

I loved the explanations and pictures that illustrate.

Just one thing, in part about galaxies:

It is estimated that there are hundreds of billions of galaxies in the universe, and more than 1022 stars.

1022 stars? I think you meant to write something else ... : Lol:

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site