Is there a worthy replacement for the Polo on a 25K budget? General - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Is there a suitable replacement for 25K's budget polo?

Raphael

This topic is also opened in the forums of carsforum.co.il and I put it here for another opinion.

I have owned Polo '96 for 3 years. In total Nice For someone who has not experienced a large variety of vehicles. I've been told that the driving experience is not something, but it does not mean much to me. There were a lot of glitches, in the 3 years that my vehicle has had time to replace almost every possible part except the engine block itself. And that includes:

-Facum head

-New vent

-New water pump after the old one exploded

- Front triangle kit including apples

-Bearing

-New battery

-The windows ... the windows have fallen several times.

- Headlights

-Timing

-brakes

- Handbrake worn and arranged

-New front tires after the old ones have been eaten from every possible direction

-New sensor (problem with the columns)

- Open a throttle that ruined my life..again..columns

-Plange (what is it called?) Replaced with a water pump

- A new clutch cable that cost dearly after I got tired of type G garages and had to go to a licensed garage

-And many regrets with different and weird names that I do not remember sailing

In short, I became a mechanic due to many mishaps and visits to dubious garages that ruined my life even more. But I learned a lesson, albeit in the most difficult way, but I learned.

It's time to move on. I leave the old and renovated car to my brother, and budget myself 25 for the next in line.

Some voices from different wind directions say that in the new Polo vehicles (2001 and above) most of the problems work out. And on the other hand the things that are said here in the forums (Of carsforum.co.il) Contradict it.

Proper replacement?

I will not lie, I too am a bit influenced by various stigmas in the style of Volkswagen it's German so it's good. For some reason I have an aversion to others (probably from habit and inexperience) so I came here. Is it better for me to continue with polo despite all the talk? What about the Renault Clio? What other vehicles fall into this modest category?

What I'm looking for:

-Fuel economy

-Good engine (emphasis on good, does not have to be a monster, but since it will carry ups with Loaded and air conditioned works at normal speed without having to go down to second gear as with the poor 60hp of my Polo 96)

-Costs, costs, costs. I was badly burned by Germany and its Volkswagen. Looking for Whose treatment costs are "calm"

-If it's in the opposite direction but, not looking for a Fiat Punto. Just do not like this vehicle.

Link to content

• תגובות 36
  • Opens on
  • Last comment

Joins the question. Looking for a car on a similar budget, with minimum fuel consumption, minimum garage visits and reasonable condition. I considered Punto, only they told me to run away from it because she comes to the garage every Monday and Thursday (from someone, whose husband owns a garage ...). I was told to go only for Japanese / Chinese. Yaris from 2000 costs more than 30 shekels, it leaves a tiny Sirion and nonsense of Suzuki. What other options are there?

Link to content

Joins the question. Looking for a car on a similar budget, with minimum fuel consumption, minimum garage visits and reasonable condition. I considered Punto, only they told me to run away from it because she comes to the garage every Monday and Thursday (from someone, whose husband owns a garage ...). I was told to go only for Japanese / Chinese. Yaris from 2000 costs more than 30 shekels, it leaves a tiny Sirion and nonsense of Suzuki. What other options are there?

What is the reason that Punto Spice from 2005/6 will see a garage every two days?

In my opinion nonsense

Look for a reserved one and keep it cool Small and economical

Link to content

It is difficult to know in advance about matters of credibility. It does not depend on the manufacturer but also sometimes varies from model to model and year to year.

(The truth is that there are some exceptions - like Mercedes from the 70s and 80s or Toyota from the 80s and 90s, cars that drive forever)

Renault Clio for example is a great car, but really not as reliable as the Japanese (on the other hand the parts costs are much lower than those of the Polo). A well-equipped and very comfortable car relative to the price, fuel-efficient, reasonable performance (if you buy a car with a modern 1.4 engine).

Opel Corsa model 2000-1 with 1.4 engine is also economical and efficient. Opinions about reliability are divided and probably not anything at all (the older courses turn out to be relatively inexpensive to maintain). The car is also very rare in the manual 1.4 version.

If you want to continue to be loyal to the VW concern you can consider the Skoda Fabia - in your budget with a lazy 1.4 engine from the 2001-3 yearbook. Should be cheaper to hold than its sister Polo.

Another sister to the family is the Seat Ibiza with a larger selection of engines from the 2001-2 yearbooks, can not say about costs and reliability. But note that the budget Ibizas are popular with young and energetic "enthusiasts" - which ensures a lot of cars that have already changed hands a lot (but still "as new") and more cars that come complete with spoiler, magnesium and curved chassis.

In your budget it will be very difficult for you to find a "clean" Peugeot 206 or Toyota Yaris.

Sirion is a reliable car, but at a ridiculous pricing that reflects the madness of Amisrael Lipnomatics - in your budget there is hardly a Sirion 2001-2, to note that the Sirion is a mini car with a miniature engine, poor equipment and mostly designed to be a city car. A very manual gearbox can contribute to performance and economy in a small car, but there is no manual gearbox to the best of my knowledge (at least from these yearbooks) - probably because a manual gearbox is an abomination in the eyes of Japanese car importers in the country.

It is very important to note - do not buy a small French automatic car!

In fact, do not buy any small European car auto.

DA, my wife really wants golf. I'm considering showing her your message ...

Link to content

Another good option - Fiat Panda.

I also saw in the budget Nissan Almera 2001 1600 engine with the most reasonable mileage. Nissan is very reliable.

Like they said, it is impossible to know which car will fall on, but by and large Who cared for him well kept.

For example, I bought a Fiat Punto 95 model with 75 hp, what can I tell you, a new color and very well preserved on the inside. Flying uphill. It cost me 5000 NIS

And apart from a test I did in October I have not had any problems for half a year (since I bought it) Tap Tap Tap.

Link to content

Get yourself a 99-2001 Corolla / Almera

I have an Almera 99 with a 1.6 engine for the past 3 years 260K km and apart from periodic maintenance and here and there air conditioner repair I am very satisfied

I have a 1998 Corolla with more than 300K that travels and travels and travels. Even the plastics do not rustle. My parents still own another Model 97 Toyota that has already passed the 350K and is still traveling (but it is already starting to fall apart).

It is important to note! This is a car I got from my parents who bought it new and took good care of it. You do not know what "dowry" you will get with a 12 year old car you bought from a third party.

Fuel consumption is not something - 12 km per liter in mostly long-distance travel and up to 10 km per liter only in pure urban travel. And I drive calmly. This is roughly the fuel consumption of most 1600 hypnotics from that period (note that it was more economical when it was new) and the Toyota is actually still considered economical (very modern engine and relatively low weight).

I also had a Renault Clio 1.4 manual from model 96, the car was of course much less reliable and in fact eventually started to fall apart for me (the truth is that I also did not maintain it properly in the last two years it was with me) - still fuel consumption was 13-16 km per liter and I even reached 17 km per liter in a calm intercity. Maneuvering the car and parking inside the city with the Clio was also significantly easier than with the Corolla (which is the smallest of all the DA hypnomatics).

If that matters to you - the Clio was also more fun to drive. And the Corolla is still considered "dynamic" among the Japanese of the late 90s ...

But if reliability is top value and you find a nice car with few hands.

(The truth is that there are some exceptions - like Mercedes from the 70s and 80s Or a Toyota of the 80s and 90s, cars that drive forever)
Link to content

Joins the question. Looking for a car on a similar budget, with minimum fuel consumption, minimum garage visits and reasonable condition. I considered Punto, only they told me to run away from it because she comes to the garage every Monday and Thursday (from someone, whose husband owns a garage ...). I was told to go only for Japanese /Chinese. Yaris from 2000 costs more than 30 shekels, it leaves a tiny Sirion and nonsense of Suzuki. What other options are there?

I do not know who your advisers are, but tell them that there are no used Chinese cars in the country (or at all, only these days the marketing of the first Chinese in Israel is starting) ...

As for the Thard, as usual .. Reliable Japanese, dear to Allah because of the popularity - which leads to at least one year below compared to a counterpart from Europe (usually more) - Older automatic lowers reliability, instrumentation and safety and increases mileage and hands. In short, you will not necessarily save money here if you go for Japanese.

In terms of the range of models - everything the VW concern gives you will be good enough (Fabia, Ibiza, Polo), Clio is also cool From the relevant years.

Punto also, as mentioned, even though you are not interested.

Lantis, Corolla, Almera & Co. - cool cars, especially in the segment of reliability, a classic Japanese like that. But as mentioned instead of buying 2001-3 You're buying something from before 2000, personally I'm not dying for this piece but it's not bad. You also earn here Significantly more spacious, if that matters to you.

I think you should just look for ads and not pre-lock on manufacturer / model / country of manufacture. Once you find a car with a few hands and mileage that fits in the budget then go for it, whether it's a Fabia or a Corolla. And if you can get a car that you know its history (family / friends, etc.) even if it is not exactly what you were looking for, you are guaranteed a much easier life. Certainly more secure than buying a car just because it is Japanese ...

Link to content

Lantis

Almera

Corolla and Polo (although expensive to maintain, even in routine treatments)

First generation focus

Punto or any other Fiat (liquid Which is not paraffin, including tap water = expect problems with the engine head. Many of the used fiets that hang out outside use tap water that causes corrosion at the top of the engine. The filthy ono I had also got to eat some limescale ^ _ ^)

There are also Hyundai Grapes out leasing and privacy from 2004-2005 yearbooks at GLI and GLS trim levels (not the terrible GLF, passenger-less airbag and ABS) ranging from 25k to 30k NIS. Reliable (mostly) - Not the most convenient, and if you do not have a relative who is a fuel tycoon, it is worth thinking twice anyway. : cool2:

Link to content

In this budget you get a newer Fiat Ponuto, in my opinion it is better

Do not like the Punto no matter what model. Despite many recommendations I have heard that the vehicle is economical Insanely. Probably a stubborn prejudice, the car just does not do it for me.

You're talking about an old stigma hovering over Fiat's head. A stigma whose base has blossomed from the world after models of 2000 and up and even some backwards. all If you do not maintain it as required, you will need a visit to the doctor much more than average. Some of my family members have some Fiat models that are serviced regularly and even a few indulgences here and there that are not mandatory to do and everything is fine.

It is difficult to know in advance about matters of credibility. It does not depend on the manufacturer but also sometimes varies from model to model and year to year.

(The truth is that there are some exceptions - like Mercedes from the 70s and 80s or Toyota from the 80s and 90s, cars that drive forever)

Renault Clio for example is a great car, but really not as reliable as the Japanese (on the other hand the parts costs are much lower than those of the Polo). A well-equipped and very comfortable car relative to the price, fuel-efficient, reasonable performance (if you buy a car with a modern 1.4 engine).

Opel Corsa model 2000-1 with 1.4 engine is also economical and efficient. Opinions about reliability are divided and probably not anything at all (the older courses turn out to be relatively inexpensive to maintain). The car is also very rare in the manual 1.4 version.

If you want to continue to be loyal to the VW concern you can consider the Skoda Fabia - in your budget with a lazy 1.4 engine from the 2001-3 yearbook. Should be cheaper to hold than its sister Polo.

Another sister to the family is the Seat Ibiza with a larger selection of engines from the 2001-2 yearbooks, can not say about costs and reliability. But note that the budget Ibizas are popular with young and energetic "enthusiasts" - which ensures a lot of cars that have already changed hands a lot (but still "as new") and more cars that come complete with spoiler, magnesium and curved chassis.

In your budget it will be very difficult for you to find a "clean" Peugeot 206 or Toyota Yaris.

Sirion is a reliable car, but at a ridiculous pricing that reflects the madness of Amisrael Lipnomatics - in your budget there is hardly a Sirion 2001-2, to note that the Sirion is a mini car with a miniature engine, poor equipment and mostly designed to be a city car. A very manual gearbox can contribute to performance and economy in a small car, but there is no manual gearbox to the best of my knowledge (at least from these yearbooks) - probably because a manual gearbox is an abomination in the eyes of Japanese car importers in the country.

DA, my wife really wants golf. I'm considering showing her your message ...

Inserting heavy cannons into the equation here : Has:

Mercedes from the 80s is known as something that will last forever and not only that, I know someone from the job who owns a Mercedes Benz from the 80s and something whose mileage is listed black-on-black 850 thousand kilometers. Very much of what my current polo is capable of : Lol:

Although technically you are right about the reliability that there are old vehicles (in the 96 ~ 99 range) that will hold up very nicely for a long time even with high mileage, I am currently looking at a different direction. I was tired of the previous decade, I want some innovation, something fucking digital, younger and fresher. I'm only 22 years old and it's hard for me to appreciate like you good classes who despite their extreme age still hold and kick.

Some models that go into the episode that I'm going to find out a little about:

-seat Ibiza

-Ople Corsa

-Peugeot 206

- Renault Clio B

As for the Fabia I get off of it completely because I do not like it completely, even though I know that Skoda is a full-fledged German with some false quality mark.

I've heard this a lot lately and still do not understand why, elaborate a bit ..

Get yourself a 99-2001 Corolla / Almera

I have an Almera 99 with a 1.6 engine for the past 3 years 260K km and apart from periodic maintenance and here and there air conditioner repair I am very satisfied

Heavy, heavy.

Vehicle too big for me. I will settle for smaller ones as I mentioned.

I do not know who your advisers are, but tell them that there are no used Chinese cars in the country (or at all, only these days the marketing of the first Chinese in Israel is starting) ...

As for the Thard, as usual .. Reliable Japanese, dear to Allah because of the popularity - which leads to at least one year below compared to a counterpart from Europe (usually more) - Older automatic lowers reliability, instrumentation and safety and increases mileage and hands. In short, you will not necessarily save money here if you go for Japanese.

In terms of the range of models - everything the VW concern gives you will be good enough (Fabia, Ibiza, Polo), Clio is also cool From the relevant years.

Punto also, as mentioned, even though you are not interested.

Lantis, Corolla, Almera & Co. - cool cars, especially in the segment of reliability, a classic Japanese like that. But as mentioned instead of buying 2001-3 You're buying something from before 2000, personally I'm not dying for this piece but it's not bad. You also earn here a significantly more spacious vehicle, if that matters to you.

I think you should just look for ads and not pre-lock on manufacturer / model / country of manufacture. Once you find a car with a few hands and mileage that fits in the budget then go for it, whether it's a Fabia or a Corolla. And if you can get a car that you know its history (family / friends, etc.) even if it is not exactly what you were looking for, you are guaranteed a much easier life. Certainly more secure than buying a car just because it is Japanese ...

This was one of my considerations- quality and reliability against a newer yearbook with a more inferior model. I'm willing to settle for something less spacious. True, Mazda Lantis, Toyota Corolla, and Nissan Almera will give it generously but that's not what I need at the moment. I'm single, ototo student. A small and compact vehicle that fits nicely into narrow parking spaces and does not need a lot of fuel is what matters.

Regarding the ads - I give myself time until the purchase. At least a month or two during which I will research what it takes to make the right decision. And yes, it's still easiest for me to swim in the warm waters of the Volkswagen Polo where I've been used to being for the last 3 years and move on with a model from a newer yearbook. But I have a little cockroach in my head that makes me look in other directions, that maybe there are better things there.

Lantis

Almera

Corolla and Polo (although expensive to maintain, even in routine treatments)

First generation focus

Punto or any other Fiat (liquid Which is not paraffin, including tap water = expect problems with the engine head. Many of the used fiets that hang out outside use tap water that causes corrosion at the top of the engine. The filthy ono I had also got to eat some limescale ^ _ ^)

There are also Hyundai Grapes out leasing and privacy from the 2004-2005 yearbooks at GLI and GLS (not the terrible GLF, passenger-less airbag and ABS) trim levels ranging from 25k to 30k NIS. Reliable vehicle (mostly) - not the most comfortable, and if you do not have A relative who is a fuel tycoon, is worth thinking twice about anyway. : cool2:

Hyundai is completely out of the question even though the Getz is small and cute, it has a lot of problems with it. I also heard of a spicy one with the fuel.

And something I forgot to mention, I only drive with a manual transmission

Link to content

I agree with ALÞHA regarding the Lantis 323, a reliable vehicle (from all the others here in my opinion) and also relatively agile.

Regarding the Peugeot 206

Its purchase is not always successful

And the possibility of falling on a broken broken vehicle is high

First of all the chalk out in 206 must not be approached

Nor is this 1.4L engine just 1.6

And I think also a pretty good option is VW BORA year 00-02 like this with a 1600 engine that if you take out another 2- You can bring it.

And I will speak here from experience, my dad bought the car in a new 2002 and kept it for 8 years and was almost faultless.

Just to illustrate the durability of this engine - I drove with it to the base in Kedumim and the water pump went after 6 years and I returned with engine heat all the way to Lod and nothing happened to the engine.

Link to content

If you want a manual it removes from the chapter all the family math 1.6 (Lantis, Corolla, Almera) - I'm pretty sure no manual versions of them will be imported at all, and if so it's so rare you're unlikely to find exactly what you need.

Little and manual Japanese ... yes, but also quite rare. The one that sells the most manuals here are mini cars from Europe, by a considerable margin, and this is what will be easiest for you to find. And you also want something modern 'digital', as mentioned, so Europe will satisfy you more (both because a European car will usually have more armature in a parallel yearbook, and also because you take a newer yearbook because Japanese people keep value in a silly way).

European cars can be found large manual (Megane, 307, Golf / Bora, Octavia, Leon / Toledo and more). But it's still rarer than a small manual, and in general, sees no reason to go on Great in your situation, just more expensive and less economical and you have no need for it. On the other hand, if there is an ad for something interesting - worth checking out, of course ...

But it seems that Supermini from Europe is exactly what you need.

This is what can be found in the country, in a big way:

* Polo / Ibiza / Fabia - by and large it's him . Reliable, comfortable and quite usually equipped (depending on the model of course). The Ibiza and Fabia on paper are cheaper in the garage, but I do not know how true this is (I have a new Fabia and do not feel particularly cheap ... not at all).

* 206 - Excellent, very fun, there is a 1.6 manual which is a pleasure - but: there are many people who have experienced severe problems with them in the country. Plastics fall apart and such. 206 I would happily buy, but significantly better to find With a known history, or at least be careful several times in the examination. There are many benefits - but there are also many not something, and it is difficult to know what will fall on.

Clio - also cool, reliable overall even if not like the VW (but maybe yes like the VW, a lot of stigmas mixed here). A good option and there is a lot of choice in the 2nd hand market.

* Fiat Panda / Punto - good cars, but you are not in the segment I understand.

* Corsa - Basically a reliable German car, a bit rare in the country because it does not really go to the dark here, but it is also a fine car. The main problem with Opel is to be able to sell them, so you can usually find them at low prices, and sell it anyway you will not need (or at least not in amounts that it will change something that is Opal ...).

* C3 - The car is quite luxurious and well-equipped and quite comfortable, but not something brilliant, and the prevailing opinion still insists that they are less reliable, personally I do not know how true this is. Indeed, this vehicle is also quite rare in the panels in total, but there is a manual and it may be worth checking if you see a relevant ad

I think there are no more small Europeans in the country ... I will add if I remember.

I think you will be happy with each of these cars, and your consideration between them should be based on what you find. The condition of the specific vehicle you find is much more critical than the specific model.

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site