Analysis of vehicle test results before purchase - Polo 2002 in 29 thousand - General - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Analysis of Car Test Results Before Buying a Polo-2002 in a Thousand 29

Raphael

This topic also opens up in carsforum, but from my history with them (or rather from their lack of reference) I choose to post it here as well.

---------------------

Hello.

I met the man, we do not see any brat looking to sell his junk. Such an adult with a good impression. I did a visual inspection of the car, it looks beautiful with small to non-existent scratches. Metallic silver color.

I drove a bit and came across problems with the clutch that creaked on every inch of movement and was also stiff. From past experience this indicates a clutch on its way to ending.

Besides a stable car with good braking power, Relative to someone who is not a professional in the field. (I am)

Released a treatment book that looked good until 2008 with licensed garages. From there on he claimed to have been treated in a private garage that is not licensed and therefore lacks some documentation. Claims to have made chalk recently but has no acceptance for it so far.

The guy demands 29 thousand, and undertook to test at the institute that I will choose on the gear, chassis, and engine.

There were a lot of such little misunderstandings that in retrospect after I sit and think about what I was I realize I should have closed them and not left them in the air, and you will already understand why. He insisted no matter what I pay for the test, and when buying So "There are a lot of expenses for the buyer"Okay.

After some insistence on my part and explanations that when committed then if there are faults then he pays for the test, he insisted that the car is in order and finally it is thrown into the air that if there are problems then in the end it will be half and half. When I try to remember how I agreed to such a thing I do not even succeed. Probably my lack of concentration already makes me regret this whole story with him.

Said he would sign Things after the test. And I lack experience in this section and I did not insist. In hindsight after I told this to a good friend who almost slapped me for it, I realized my mistake ..

And in the end nothing was signed at all .. (I learned my lesson)

We were at the CompuTest Institute in Afula, this is the results:

7317722.jpg

I got some fever after seeing it. But in a little wandering through the forum here I find that the majority is under cover that is not worth significant reference.

But, what is significant? The chalk? Axes? Significantly lower power?

After we sat down and heard all the flaws I explained to him that I now have a lot of expenses if I buy the car and he agrees to lower the price, depending on how much it will cost to fix it.

After that I went directly to the Mashraka garage in Afula (a Volkswagen license) and put the results page for him and said give a quote, he said he would get back to me about it. Let's hope for an answer today. (10.02.2011)

what do you think?

Link to content

^ In the central area around 500 NIS. I believe this is also what the discussion developed paid more or less.

And to open the esteemed debate: be prepared to receive a quote at least as much as the price of the car.

Indeed, most of the "defects" are as a

So you need to see the vehicle with your own eyes (preferably one that understands your interest) to tell you if it will be worth buying or not.

And another word on the subject: About six months ago my parents took a 2009 Ford Mondeo (a year on the road)

For such a testing institute, the result was not much better.

They still bought, so far have not been disappointed.

Link to content

The majority is really under cover

So everyone I know and bought I advised him not to take the test because it's just a waste of money.

It is best to take the vehicle to a garage that you trust and have it inspected.

And if the owner refuses then it is better that you stay away from this vehicle.

And this low power is typical of a 9-year-old car.

But the question is how low the power is.

If the power has dropped significantly and not in a few individual ponies then there is a problem with the engine.

Link to content

Significant malfunctions are those that are very expensive or unprofitable to repair in such a vehicle -

Significant chassis injuries

Perforated engine block

Chalk that requires replacement (manual chalk is rare and can sometimes be refurbished at a more affordable price).

Minor faults can be negotiated with the seller (in the 29K Polo 2002 manual there is something to bargain for).

As mentioned, test salons are one big bill. It is better to take the vehicle for inspection in the garage you trust - it will not cost more (or even less) and it will also be able to give you a price estimate at the end for all repairs.

With this price estimate you reach the seller and start haggling with him. Of course there are things that are natural wear and tear (slight and squeezing knocks, clutch, shock absorbers, etc.), but if there is a problem with the engine head, exhaust (or worse - catalyst), radiator or significant faults in the electrical and air conditioning system then there is definitely something to talk about.

Link to content

This test does not return the paper on which it is printed

There is no mileage tax that the car has traveled

The engine and gearbox are finished. When they were in good condition it was written that they were according to their age

Original clutch can hold up to 120000 km

Squeaky chalk means the sync rings are worn and need to be refurbished

By the way assembling limestone from a vehicle destroyed in an accident is much cheaper than renovating

Link to content

^ In the central area around 500 NIS. I believe this is also what the discussion developed paid more or less.

And to open the esteemed debate: be prepared to receive a quote at least as much as the price of the car.

Indeed, most of the "defects" are as a

So you need to see the vehicle with your own eyes (preferably one that understands your interest) to tell you if it will be worth buying or not.

And another word on the subject: About six months ago my parents took a 2009 Ford Mondeo (a year on the road)

For such a testing institute, the result was not much better.

They still bought, so far have not been disappointed.

I already understand that bidding is going to be expensive, but it's good for something initial that I'll know how much it costs me to get a "new" car out of the garage. From there you can just drop the price.

And my question, How do I know for sure what Knesset is and what I need to take seriously?

You found out right.

ALT even once wrote an article about it in Colbotek (or any other equivalent program ..) that they took New from the agency and put it in for testing, and it came out with a full "glitches" ..

Do you remember maybe where it was? And what were the shortcomings?

The majority is really under cover

So everyone I know and bought I advised him not to take the test because it's just a waste of money.

It is best to take the vehicle to a garage that you trust and have it inspected.

And if the owner refuses then it is better that you stay away from this vehicle.

And this low power is typical of a 9-year-old car.

But the question is how low the power is.

If the power has dropped significantly and not in a few individual ponies then there is a problem with the engine.

Low power. This is 59 hp out of 75 declared by the manufacturer. The guy claimed that most likely it was a problem with the chalk that was causing it, and indeed also on the page something was said about the chalk.

In today's situation I know maybe one garage that was left I have to trust him after going through almost every other possible one, and being burned from him in one way or another. The only one is the licensed garage (Mashraqa) which has lied a lot from the rest of the garages, and there are those who claim it is right.

Significant malfunctions are those that are very expensive or unprofitable to repair in such a vehicle -

Significant chassis injuries

Perforated engine block

Chalk that requires replacement (manual chalk is rare and can sometimes be refurbished at a more affordable price).

Minor faults can be negotiated with the seller (in the 29K Polo 2002 manual there is something to bargain for).

As mentioned, test salons are one big bill. It is better to take the vehicle for inspection in the garage you trust - it will not cost more (or even less) and it will also be able to give you a price estimate at the end for all repairs.

With this price estimate you reach the seller and start haggling with him. Of course there are things that are natural wear and tear (slight and squeezing knocks, clutch, shock absorbers, etc.), but if there is a problem with the engine head, exhaust (or worse - catalyst), radiator or significant faults in the electrical and air conditioning system then there is definitely something to talk about.

Electrical systems are not tested in a computer test, only the mechanical ones. This is explicitly stated on their warranty card.

Significant problems are found in the engine block and transmission (gear) which is already significant. Hopefully this is not a cover under because otherwise I tear this form to shreds, burn it, and then continue to get annoyed in some way at the disgusting injustice that exists in this world.

This test does not return the paper on which it is printed

There is no mileage tax that the car has traveled

The engine and gearbox are finished. When they were in good condition it was written that they were according to their age

Original clutch can hold up to 120000 km

Squeaky chalk means the sync rings are worn and need to be refurbished

By the way assembling limestone from a vehicle destroyed in an accident is much cheaper than renovating

Michael are you blind?

Explicitly listed at the top of the page: "Registered counter: 151801"

Link to content

What mainly worries me in this report - that relative to a 9-year-old car only (in Israel unfortunately - it is still "only") and even with such a high price list (30K) there are signs of neglect here -

Old gear oil, old and missing engine oil, possibly a dying timing belt, shock absorbers that in my opinion are still original and more.

If you are still interested in continuing the process of purchasing the vehicle, at the very least ask for an orderly list of treatments that the car has undergone (prints + receipts from the garage where it was treated).

Link to content

A quick look at Levy Yitzhak's price list (I agree), since I am also in the stages of purchasing Used) - The price list of the 02 'model (note that this is a manual polo with a 16-valve engine) is 28 thousand. In view of the neglect shown with the vehicle, it is fun to take it off.

The question is whether it is worthwhile for you to continue messing with it (in my opinion not). Keep looking for other more reserved polos.

Link to content

Guys need your advice, I'm really confused.

I spoke to a senior person from a garage in Sharaka in Afula after he saw the photo of the vehicle inspection. He said the following:

-They covered their ass from every possible and extreme direction.

-On the other hand 85 percent of what they wrote is regret. Again cover under. I do not know which ass, but let's say ..

-If his experience also that he has previously repaired vehicles sent to him with a list twice as large as mine, they still wrote that there are problems.

- There was an article about them at Calbotek, Parshis came out. Regret will answer their whole story.

- In total, the vehicle is fine if I deduct another NIS 4 from the price. I managed to download two thousand Only and leave 2 Such a round of cerwin That he wanted to take.

-With a treatment of 2000 NIS for insignificant things other than a clutch cable, the car will be in good condition.

And I also remembered a very interesting statistic.

While testing the vehicle in CompuTest I noticed that towards the end the tester went to the computer and started changing things there that look exactly the same as on the results page. For about 10 minutes he just changed data. From a green color (which is fine) to a yellow color (which needs fixing) and even some to a red color (which is no longer correct on the verge of having to be replaced)

Their warranty page clearly states that everything is done automatically by a machine. Walla? Regret. Half of the things the tester did. And even after that he changed the results manually.

Can see that it was ultimately okay?

I lowered the price to 27, the man ax bunker is not willing to move a penny more than that.

what am I doing now?

Who is right in this whole story?

Link to content

It's hard to refer when you dismiss all of this as "institute remorse."

If you do not understand this enough to check for yourself, and not take to someone you trust ... I will assume that the problems exist.

Timing is regret.

Lack of oil This is a symptom for the vehicle owner.

On CO drop test, it's another small problem, maybe timing- but why do you get into it?

Defective steering wheel apples? I would find out what. Same as oil pump.

Aim front.

Brakes replace

The brakes are a regret, plumbing can be downright annoying or very cheap depending on what the problem is.

A problem with clutch spacing is probably a matter of inexpensive repair. Again - it does not say what the problem is ... hard to guess.

Low power from the engine - without repair / passage in the garage it is difficult to say whether it is traveling from neglect / timing / other problem. I would not buy until I get a qualified answer as to why this is.

The real question is - why put your head in a sick bed?

First his honor will repair the (important) vehicle then he will repair.

Unless you have a realistic price estimate of a repair garage.

NIS 500, you went out of your way, well, atonement.

Do not go into the pit because of such nonsense. There are enough proper vehicles.

Link to content

The real question is - why put your head in a sick bed?

Do not go into the pit because of such nonsense. There are enough proper vehicles.

Again, you ignore the fact that all these (...) joke parlors are one big nonsense.

There may be problems. It could just as well be that the vehicle is completely normal, the bed is not really sick and there is no pit here.

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site