Moving to two-wheelers soon, tips and tricks for choosing a scooter and a safe ride? General - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Going to the wheels soon, tips and tips for choosing a scooter and safe travel?

Raphael

I budget between 10-12 thousand for a scooter. Need to get A license, but I already have a previous license for Group B Otto 5 years.

Where to start? What scooter models? Sun-yang? Honda? Joy Reid? (Can't remember any more names ..)

My uses will mainly be a trip to work (distance of 7 km on a calm road) as well as general trips from school back to home. There will be rare cases where I will have to make slightly longer trips (70 km + -) so it is important that the scooter holds a ride without lagging behind me on the road At a speed of 70 km / h.

I have a reason to demand stability and the possibility of reaching a speed of 100 ~ 110 with a scooter on this budget? And in general?

A few more things that will be important:

-Fuel consumption (although it seems to me that it is a little different from my Polo -2003 consumption habits)

- Powerful engine. (What are the differences between 125 cc and up? Is it noticeable?)

-Air-Conditioner. (Not really : Has: )

-There is such a thing to hear at all?

-How can I talk on the phone? Is there a headset for a helmet or something?

- On really hot days, is there a solution? Although it seems to me that the typical answer to this is "all the cock"

- Is there such a thing as traveling at 110 km / h and not falling apart?

Yes, there are a lot of questions. I have to get used to being a jerk due to the upcoming studies and the initial sacrifice is to get rid of the car that devours what is not left in my pocket, and move to the scooter. I'm aware of the dangers, I do not usually drive fast, and I am quite patient and careful on the road. Hope this is enough for a start.

Link to content

There are headphones for the helmet, the expensive ones cost NIS 700, you can buy cheap Medil Extreme for about $ 40. You can hear music through the headset.

On hot days wearing a summer coat is a protective coat that is mostly mesh so when traveling you have quite a bit of wind so you do not sweat at all (or ride like a messenger - without protection, you will be more comfortable, until you slip and then, well you will find asphalt in summer very very hot, Hot enough to burn you, in short do not recommend riding without protection!)

On very, very hot days? There is a cooling vest (you can find information on the importer's website - http://www.zti.co.il/ ) You wet it and it stays cool for a few hours, I did not get to ride with Host, but I have the dome For the helmet, it's not bad at all, and from the comments I've heard about Host say it's excellent.

Scooters / motorcycles of 125 will reach a maximum of 110, but this will not give you reserves to give another drop of gas and it is not recommended, if you go over 250 then you can flow at the speed of traffic on the highway and you will also have reserves for detours.

With the license you have you can get an A2 grade without minimum classes and without a full test, only a control test, but A2 is limited to 125 cc

If you want (and I recommend) to issue a Class A1 license (up to 33 hp) the license you have will not give you too much, maybe you will be exempt from theory, I'm not sure.

To get a grade A (unlimited) you need to be at least a year old with an A1 license and be at least 21 years old.

Link to content

For 7 km a day buying a bike. I rode longer distances while working within the city.

The advantage in fuel consumption will be reflected mainly in the city. If most of your commute long distance you will not save much. for example An economical manual will drink 1:17. Suppose a scooter will drink 1:20. But how can a comparison be made between (Even Small and spartan) for poor moped. Then you will pay another 100 shekels of fuel a month. You might think it would make you go bankrupt.

In general, get off the idea. If you do a calculation you will see that the negligible savings in switching to two-wheelers are simply not worth the loss of comfort and safety. (More expensive insurance, safety equipment that needs to be purchased, very small treatment interval, replacement price) In general, two-wheelers are an unnecessary tool that has no right to exist.

Do a driving lesson on Doge. I after one lesson no longer agree to approach Doge.

Sell ​​the Polo, buy a 2005 Fiat Panda manual Very reliable and fuel efficient.

Link to content

You said a lot of right things (and I say that as one who had a motorcycle), and then you emit it?

In general, a two-wheeler is an unnecessary tool that has no right to exist.

In my personal opinion you are an unnecessary person who has no right to exist, but of course that is just my opinion::)

Link to content

You said a lot of right things (and I say that as one who had a motorcycle), and then you emit it?

In my personal opinion you are an unnecessary person who has no right to exist, but of course that is just my opinion::)

: Lol:

Okay friends, I understand what you're saying, but you do not see what I wrote in the main post. a quote:

I'm aware of the dangers, I do not usually drive fast, and I am quite patient and careful on the road. Hope this is enough for a start.

Again, I am aware of the dangers. This is something I will have to live with.

As for the one who said that a bicycle is better - the distance is too great for studies for it to justify it.

So, is it possible to address questions from the main post?

Thanks.

Link to content

Also as an urban means of transportation, a scooter will only pay off if you travel enough for the difference in fuel consumption and parking expenses to cover the difference in insurance. By the way, regular maintenance, contrary to what Mr. Lev 27 claims, is cheaper when it comes to a modest scooter / motorcycle.

Link to content

After 10 years on two wheels on various tools, without accidents, a year ago I finally retired from this tool.

An unfortunate accident, at a slow speed, the result of which is a broken shin and knee - surgery and so-called "platinum". (Riding in the city, under the car I was driving in front of, appeared and jumped into my wheels an unfolded cardboard box. And I lost grip)

Link to content

Also as an urban means of transportation, a scooter will only pay off if you travel enough for the difference in fuel consumption and parking expenses to cover the difference in insurance. By the way, regular maintenance, contrary to what Mr. Lev 27 claims, is cheaper when it comes to a modest scooter / motorcycle.

What is modest? 125? 250?

Link to content

I recommend you read tests in full gas, each test there will tell you the average fuel consumption and treatment prices.

But basically 125 will give you fuel consumption that is close to a liter for 30 miles and 250 will give you about a liter for 25 miles. The cost of regular rides varies greatly from scooter to scooter.

Start reading these:

250 - http://www.fullgaz.co.il/xpages/article.php?i=47664

125 - http://www.fullgaz.co.il/xpages/article.php?i=48729

Link to content

I recommend that you check your driving style. You will be amazed at what a difference there can be in fuel consumption. One of the magazines conducted a fuel consumption test on a Mazda 3 in calm driving and aggressive driving. The gaps were 30-40%. crazy. I'll try to find a link. At the institution, you may be able to find someone who will travel with you to school and you will be able to share the fuel expenses.

In short you will make a good calculation if the difference in maintenance costs equals a loss of comfort and safety.

Link to content

I recommend you read tests in full gas, each test there will tell you the average fuel consumption and treatment prices.

But basically 125 will give you fuel consumption that is close to a liter for 30 miles and 250 will give you about a liter for 25 miles. The cost of regular rides varies greatly from scooter to scooter.

Start reading these:

250 - http://www.fullgaz.co.il/xpages/article.php?i=47664

125 - http://www.fullgaz.co.il/xpages/article.php?i=48729

I read, and the current conclusion is that 125 is very borderline for me, and an advantage of 250 cc because of the long-distance travel I do sometimes, and also because of the available power and final speed. More than half for the 2008-2009 yearbook with reasonable mileage (4-5K per year)

I recommend that you check your driving style. You will be amazed at what a difference there can be in fuel consumption. One of the magazines conducted a fuel consumption test on a Mazda 3 in calm driving and aggressive driving. The gaps were 30-40%. crazy. I'll try to find a link. At the institution, you may be able to find someone who will travel with you to school and you will be able to share the fuel expenses.

In short you will make a good calculation if the difference in maintenance costs equals a loss of comfort and safety.

My driving style is very relaxed. You will not find me making openings at traffic lights nor will you see me flying on 160 on Route 6. At the moment I am not worried about fuel consumption. In Polo, too, I would squeeze a few more miles per gallon thanks to it.

And besides, it's pretty clear to me that you do not recommend going beyond the DOG. I understand you, and I think I can imagine exactly what you mean.

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site