Want to switch to a 1GB network, budget for a router up to 700 NIS, for irrelevant cables. - Networks and Internet - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Want to switch to 1GB network, budget for router up to 700 NIS, for irrelevant cables.

Dimka

Hello everyone,

I currently have a 2760U D-link router (I got a flash), and I am working on N standard Wifi, a 10MB package.

I have Internally via WIFI, I wanted to ask what equipment do I need to switch to a 1GB wired network.

I understand I need a router that supports 1GB, the question is if I can settle for a connection to a router of Or you should buy something separate.

I would love to make recommendations, thank you.

Link to content

I have one computer with 100MB support (a netbook that serves as a file server), the rest support 1GB.

Will it affect the performance of the network? (Obviously between 1GB and 100MB it affects, the question is whether it will affect 1GB to 1GB).

Link to content

I read a bit about the routers,

1043ND - Cheaper but having problems with genuine firmware, I came across OpenWRT firmware that sorts some things and adds functions?

DIR-655 - More or less twice as expensive (why?) And I read about warming problems.

:(

Link to content

What problems are there with the original 1043ND firmware?

OpenWrt is a firmware for very advanced users and most of the work with it is in a textual interface.

There is also the DD-wrt that is based on it, but has a GUI interface through the browser.

Link to content

I shuffled around a bit in the Dlink settings, I did not find anything that looked like Bridge on the wired network, other than that.

Anyone know? (Knows only the usual things in routers, it's a little above me)

Dlnk.png

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site