I received proof from a source abroad that the Ministry of Energy's publications on the energy-saving light bulb are false - Science and Technology - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

I received proof from a source abroad that the Ministry of Energy's publications on the light bulb are false

dor123

(Note: Since I censored the original message earlier, the current message may be slightly different in content)

In order to find proof that the Energy and Water Ministry's claims, as well as that of Semicom Laxis for ultraviolet radiation, economical lamps, and the fact that amalgam bulbs do not contain liquid mercury (or any), do not speak the truth, I contacted one of the registered users of the lighting site www.lighting-gallery.net Where I am active, the username Globe Collector (I do not want to mention his real name) in HEP ​​(he has a bachelor's degree in chemistry and he has a collection of tens of thousands of bulbs) and he researched the matter and e-mailed me the results of the study together with Which prove this.

The study is in the attached file.

Images sent to me by the post of results:

Solar%2520and%2520CFL%2520Irradiance%2520curves%2520Linear.JPG

CFLIrradianceF.JPG

_6.JPG

CFLIrradianceFMMLin.JPG

CFLSpec.JPG

Hg_Vap_Press_Log.JPG

So what I concluded was:

1. In fact, all the mercury saving lamps and fluorescent lamps of T5 contain amalgam, and there were also Philips X -UMX fluorescent lamps containing Philips TL-H to work in environments of Especially high temperature). Since the role of the amalgam in the bulb is only in its production stages, in order to give the mercury in the bulb more accurately and more safely, and to allow the fuse bulb to achieve maximum performance at its working temperature (above 12 degrees), allowing the lamps to operate in a wider range Of operating temperatures (you can create a fluorescent bulb designed to work at extreme temperatures where a normal fluorescent bulb will lose its brightness).

The amalgam phase of the bulb is the final stage in which the light is turned on for a few hours to vaporize and release the mercury vapor from the amalgam. When the process is finished, the amalgam is meaningless in the bulb and has no effect on the user and the environment, as the mercury thickens on the sides of the bulb as liquid mercury. (In this case, a fluorescent light that did not pass the RoHS standard contains 5 mg of mercury and a discharge tube contains about 50 of mercury, which is nothing compared to what the power stations here in Israel emit, and it is not dangerous at all if one bulb is broken ). If you happen to skip this stage, why is the consumer whining that his bulb is shimmering in a faint pink light and that it takes hours for her to light up?

Megamen, which began with this trend, is a generic company, since they do not have a research laboratory and they do not have a plant , And all of their bulbs are manufactured for her by an unknown factory in China), the credibility of these publications should be questioned.

And as I mentioned in two previous discussions here: I saw drops of liquid mercury on the Hyundai TEVA bulb (also known as my Amalgam HY) Which was sold in 2009 in the "90% Less" campaign of the Ministry of Energy and Water, the Council for a Beautiful Israel, and Semicom Laxis.

2. Ultraviolet radiation: Energy saving bulbs do not emit almost any ultraviolet radiation and are not dangerous to the skin if they are sitting at smaller distances. Because the second picture that the surfer published, the output of ultraviolet light a saving lamp, is zero compared to what comes to the ground from the sun, when it comes here at long wavelengths (UVA) are not dangerous to light, and that in order for this radiation will affect the light at all, it must be Very powerful.

Link to content

And I thought Amalgam was an alloy that included mercury ...

Amalgam is an alloy containing mercury and other metal such as indium or silver. When the bulb is finished, the bulb is turned on to vaporize and release the mercury vapor from the alloy (a process lasting several hours). After this stage, the alloy has no more role in the bulb and the mercury thickens on the sides of the bulb as liquid mercury.

So what do you actually say?

That the Ministry of Energy's scare is just that?

indeed. And also because non-RoHS fluorescent bulbs contain 5 mg of mercury, which is not at all dangerous in the case of a single bulb break (also 50 mg of mercury, as there is in the discharge bulbs it is not dangerous to a single bulb), which is a tiny amount compared to The amount of money that power stations here in Israel emit.

Also, as you can see in the second picture (of the surfer who did the research, not mine), which shows the ultraviolet wavelengths emitted from the mercury in the saving lamp and passes through the glass (the glass absorbs most of the radiation) You can see that there is no danger of being near a thrifty lightbulb or ordinary fluorescence.

But read also what is written in the attached file, which is the conclusions drawn from the lighting site mentioned above in his research.

Link to content

1. Amalgam: An alloy of mercury and other metal. Compact fluorescent lamps (including saucer lamps) and T5 fluorescence lamps use a mercury / indium alloy to give the mercury in the tube faster and more accurate. This also makes it possible to adjust the pressure of the mercury vapor to the bulb so that the bulb will work under the optimum conditions at its working temperature (economical light bulbs are much more warming than ordinary fluorescent lamps, and the temperature of their tube can reach more than 100).

The stage in which the amalgam is used to give the mercury dose in the bulb is the final stage in the production of the bulb, in which the bulb is turned on for several hours until the entire mercury is released and evaporated from the alloy. After extinguishing the mercury bulb thickens on the sides of the bulb as liquid mercury, and the amalgam becomes insignificant in the bulb.

In the case of energy saving bulbs from label brands, a situation could arise that the manufacturer skipped this stage, in which case the consumer whines that his bulb is very faintly pink, and that it takes hours for her to finally get light?

This method of production is safer for workers in the plant, but the fact that they used amalgam in a straight place with liquid mercury is not supposed to interest the public and has no environmental implications for the better.

A fluorescent bulb that does not comply with the European Union RoHS Directive against solvent materials contains approximately 5 mg of mercury, which is safe to use if only a single bulb breaks down and is not hazardous to the environment (a small amount compared to the amount of mercury emitted from power stations).

2. Ultraviolet radiation: The glass blocks all ultraviolet radiation emitted by the mercury vapor under the conditions of a fluorescent bulb, the wavelengths emitted through the glass. However, long wavelengths of ultraviolet radiation, in the smallest amount emitted (2 shows a spectral graph comparing power The emission of ultraviolet radiation wavelengths from a thrifty light compared to what the sun reaches the Earth) can not cause any damage to the skin.

And as I mentioned in two discussions here at the site about the truth that companies tell us about using amalgam as a complete substitute for mercury, I saw drops of liquid mercury in the Hyundai TEVA (Also called Amalgam HY) that was sold in 2009 as part of the 90% campaign.

Tracking

And the discussion opens up a pity that you are not sending this to the ministerial media

Programs like source and fact etc.

I do not want to use the mainstream media to keep up And anonymity.

Link to content

I can certify myself with a UV meter with a laboratory accuracy that the amount of ultraviolet radiation emitted from energy saving lamps of all kinds is negligible and there is no point in treating it, even if you stick your head close to the bulb, the radiation is still very minimal.

* I do not know which campaign I'm talking about and I'll look for it later, it's interesting to see what they claimed there.

Link to content

Since I see that this discussion is not going to be a good place for me because it has the potential to become viral and harm my anonymity and privacy, if the subject will be published here on the news (as happened with my discussion on Inverters) and other sites and the network and the media, I censored it.

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Sony's Power Show

Sony's Power Show

The Japanese maker has made an impressive appearance for its PlayStation 5 console, with a large number of new gameplay videos and some special surprises