Advice from forum members regarding Computer Science Studies - Studies and Job Offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Advice from the forum members regarding computer science studies

Yaniv 51

Hello to all members of the Forum who are studying:

I will be brief and I will say that lately I have been interested in computer science studies. I learned at the level of 5 units in school, before the army. I was also sure that this was what I wanted to do, but during my military service (which had nothing to do with the subject), my desire disappeared.

Today, after I left for the job market, I am again interested in the subject (which I do not work with today).

I did a psychometric test on the sidebar and the score was not good enough, general 594, quantitative 127, 120 English and 104 Hebrew. With the average of my matriculation exams (including bonuses) I'm still not close to concluding that for this profession I have not improved the score since then, so what remains is to go from college.

At the moment, my dilemmas are between HIT in Holon, Tel Aviv-Jaffa College and IDC Herzliya, and the problem with the third institution is, of course, the price that is almost 3.

In principle, my tendency is to register for HIT because of the closeness (I live in Rishon Lezion) and because I only heard good things about the institution, but I do not rule out the others.

And I'd love to know a little more about what to do when you go out with the title, populate. I believe that you do not deal directly with development (unless you're doing great), so what do you do?

I'd be happy to help you pick a confused one like me.

Link to content

• תגובות 93
  • Opens on
  • Last comment

You have a problem with the letter to.

A university is always preferable to a college, and in my opinion, do not give up studying at a university like this fast.

Did you go to the psychometric exam alone? After three years that you have not seen even one equation, this is a reasonable score.

According to what I heard (and I do not refer to retarded ads) in computer science colleges: Tel Aviv and IDC are more considered (but again it's from people from the mil, and from sites such as this and Tapuz ..)

Link to content

You have a problem with the letter to.

A university is always preferable to a college, and in my opinion, do not give up studying at a university like this fast.

Did you go to the psychometric exam alone? After three years that you have not seen even one equation, this is a reasonable score.

According to what I heard (and I do not refer to retarded ads) in computer science colleges: Tel Aviv and IDC are more considered (but again it's from people from the mil, and from sites such as this and Tapuz ..)

What problem? : undecided:

Anyway, I learned psychomore in the course, I invested it full. My main fall was only verbal, quantitative and English + I received - as in simulations and natural I was optimistic so I came to the test without pressure ... I just got all the verbal.

I spoke with a relative who also studied computer science, and also studied at HIT, but he warmly recommended IDC. Again the question is whether it really equals the price gap? (Since in HIT it is a university and from what I also know in Tel Aviv-Yafo)

Link to content

I'm sorry to disappoint. This is a mark on the face, especially for a person who did a course (as I said, I too had a nervous fall and got 40-60 minutes from what I expected and aimed at)

I think before you go to college, take the time and try to learn the open path. The minimum requirements for negligible name and studies are considered difficult. In other words, if you finish, you will not only have a university certificate in hand, but a university diploma is very difficult (the university is not outstanding for being famous or one that has produced renowned lecturers but it is known that the materials of study and study itself are very difficult)

Link to content

I'm sorry to disappoint. This is a mark on the face, especially for a person who did a course. (In other words, I too had a nervous fall and got 40-60 minutes from what I expected and aimed at)

My dear friend, I know very well where this grade stands.

My mistake is that I did not go to another test with self-learning, there is a very good chance that I would improve.

Anyway, I do not know so much about the Open and how it works there, if anyone can really briefly elaborate I'd be happy.

And how is it to study a title like computer science which is itself a difficult title to the best of my knowledge.

By the way, the advantages of Tel Aviv Jaffa and IDC on this HIT can be done as a double-edged title ...

Link to content

From experience - very, very difficult, you learn alone, everyone has a different schedule and work, needs very high self-discipline.

You need to understand the material on your own, there are no learning groups of more than five friends, who meet each week several times and learn, not within the tutoring lessons.

I would advise you, depending on your age, to go to the opening to register for 1 linearity, to understand the difficulty level and to consider doing a psychometric again.

Link to content

Any questions you may have about the Open can be answered here: http://www.openu.ac.il/

But if you want it here then that way,

No admission requirements (except Pulse and ID)

The studies themselves are of a very high standard.

Studies are conducted in the form of courses where each course has its own points and requirements.

Base courses can be registered without any prerequisites. The more advanced courses require the successful passing of the basic courses (in each course detailed exactly what the admission requirement).

Because registration is open to everyone, people make the mistake of thinking that it is not difficult and therefore the percentage of failures in the opening courses is relatively high.

It is very easy to be smeared with the title for a number of years.

There is an ordered list for each degree and what its courses are required, what courses of faculty selection and some points of free choice should.

You also have a shortcut to university entrance. If you think that you are good enough but the matriculation grades do not reflect your potential correctly, there are tracks to the universities after completion of courses in the open. As mentioned above, it is possible to register for opening even without a matriculation certificate.

Requirements for an Open Degree:

http://www.openu.ac.il/programs/AF.html

Transition Programs:

Tel Aviv University:

http://www.openu.ac.il/afik/TAU_CS.html

Haifa University:

http://www.openu.ac.il/afik/HU_CS.html

The Hebrew University of Jerusalem:

http://www.openu.ac.il/afik/JU_CS.html

Ben-Gurion University:

http://www.openu.ac.il/afik/BGU_nature_sci.html

Technion:

http://www.openu.ac.il/afik/TECH_8.html

Bar-Ilan University:

http://www.openu.ac.il/afik/BIU_CS.html

Note the different conditions in each and not only need to pass the courses but get a minimum score in each and minimum minimum to be accepted.

In addition, although there is no official channel, if you decide that the open is not for you, I do not see a problem that you can go to the college with all the exemptions. If the exemptions are sufficient for the universities and the Technion, then that should be enough for every college, too?

Link to content

Hello to the talkers

Anyone who says that college is worth nothing does not understand his life. You are just right (and maybe this too) in case a company's personnel receive the resumes of two completely identical candidates (on the paper, in terms of experience / studies / military service), one graduate and a college graduate, "A few bonus points" in the initial interview. What matters next is knowing what you've come to for a job interview. You can be a graduate of a university but do not know how to program and you can be a college graduate and a cannon understands interest. It's all about wanting to invest. You'll go wherever you take yourself. I will add that many of the lecturers who teach at the university also transfer courses in colleges. Another thing that everyone can do is to study at the university and do two semesters a year loaded with courses and of course finish in 3 years (and at this time work as a bartender), or have fun in the summer (because you do not study) Three years without freedom (because the studies are also taking place over the summer semester), the end of the first year of starting a student job, working two years as a student (because it is possible in terms of time) to earn real employment experience. Get out of the movie you live in, if you care about the prestige of paper, request .. We will study at the University.

editing:

Those who are hesitant to learn at the beginning, my recommendation, will learn the second course, usually the first one, the 1,2, you will get good grades (90 +) and try to enter the institution with it on the grounds that you are worthy and have potential success.

Link to content

You know, not everyone who thinks different from you is a babbler.

Plus it is not something that I or you can answer. Instead of taking an imaginary situation, maybe just talking to people who get relevant jobs or even manpower and ask them?

Link to content

I am not talking about who is different and how different, I speak from experience and from what I see happening in the market. My friend graduated from electrical engineering in Tel Aviv and worked for 3 for two years and she has not been able to find a job for half a year. Draw conclusions.

Link to content

So in this case I have a problem with how you draw conclusions. If you tell me you talked to her and she said that a few other people she knew from school have the same problem I can start to come to a similar conclusion.

Link to content

Individual cases can always be found.

I know many places that do not even ask for CVs from college graduates. Others will compare between a graduated college graduate with an 95 average and a university graduate with an average of 80.

Not to mention at all about student development jobs (no customer relations or QA)

Link to content

Not a single case. Fresh graduates with no relevant experience find it hard to find work. A person who is good and is considered more talented than usual (no matter where he studied) will find work. If you are not so talented, Bost will get serious from working as a student and becoming professional in his early stages as a student. Moreover, companies prefer to promote full-time students at the end of their studies.

I was blessed with a great social circle and therefore I know some people from the recruitment industry and what I say is based on things from the recruiters' table. There is a stigma (which may have been true before 10 years) that college graduates are less talented than university graduates. Excuse me, but today it's not true. Fools can be found in any academic department. There are no students who want to work in school but do not want to work as waiters? What would you say about brilliant students with an 99 average who chose a college student? People should stop giving prejudice play a major role in choosing an academic institution. Anyone who comes from high school or a psychometer with an 760 score, for health, should go to the Technion. The bottom line is that those who choose to study and invest themselves in academia will achieve their goals. Paper today plays less of a role in hiring. Good luck to all the undecided.

Link to content

Your mind is crooked.

What's important is getting a job interview. Usually once you get there, you're equal to all the candidates.

The problem is that from the first places that need to invite people to an interview, we get an 300 CV and they need to filter.

Filtering them randomly is a bad idea. Filtering them according to the institution of studies and average is a good idea. Like a psychometric test that does not necessarily indicate a single person, the general trend is clear.

Of college graduates considered you will find a higher (and even significant) percentage of qualified candidates than graduates of colleges. Why? Because from the beginning of the opening data

Were better, and from the very start of admission to the good institutions they filtered out those with lower chances of winning a degree successfully.

Link to content

I think I'm the only one who spoke about colleges.

I said and I kept repeating what I said that at the university where I worked and two more universities for sure, they would not hire you for college. If you make a good impression, we invite you to an interview, but you will usually be put in such a low place on the list that the chances of acceptance are zero.

To pursue an academic track for a master's degree in my specialization or in a number of departments that I have examined, it is not possible to apply for a college degree

- - - Created: - - -

And I did not talk about the labor market at all. I have no idea what is going on there and it is reasonable to assume that I myself will not find work there in my internship ...

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site