Determined to be accepted at Tel Aviv University - Study and Job Offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Determined to be admitted to Tel Aviv University

SharonX

Greetings,

I study at a summer program at Afeka College. After much deliberation, I was persuaded (by quite a few factors) that engineering studies at the college are indeed a problematic starting point, and I want to get the best cards in the market, so I want to change the institution (and money is not a criterion when it comes to my future) I'm locked on the spot, and I'm wondering between mechanical engineering and industry and management, and the conditions for admission to the machine are lighter, and I assume that it is possible to pass later if you want me to go mechanically. Think it's a condition or something), that it's not much I want:

To send a letter (and I'm good at it, I almost persuaded the army to make my first order) to the department and to explain to them that I am determined and serious and that I am willing to learn about the condition if necessary.

B) If it does not work, the September Psychometric exam can be valid for October studies? I believe not, but it will not hurt to ask.

I am determined to be admitted to the faculty and department and to succeed. From your experience and your opinion, is this realistic? Or will I have to postpone a year?

Sharon

Editing - 98 and 630. The point for my improvement is either mathematics (5 will begin with 68, not something) or psychometric.

Link to content

• תגובות 47
  • Opens on
  • Last comment

This is a very easy exam, I think it's better to improve it.

From what I understood, Ben-Gurion Engineering Department is very good, why not study there instead of wasting time on Tel Aviv?

The admission conditions in Tel Aviv are high because they are in the center, not necessarily because of the quality of the faculty (my knowledge of this is quite ancient)

Link to content

First thanks a lot for the quick responses.

I found a more interesting way but I am very doubtful about it in engineering. I can study first-year courses at the Open University (which actually study the same thing as at Tel Aviv University), and go through a straight-through channel for a second year in Tel Aviv.

Although I'm an independent type who can usually study alone, while other fields seem realistic to me, in engineering I think it's problematic, and it's not enough that it's hard to study first-year engineering at university, learning it alone is supposed to be a lot harder. 85.

It sounds strange to me to learn courses like Hedva and Thermodynamics alone ... What do you think? How realistic is that?

Link to content

First you'll sign up for a machine and there's a chance you'll get it and there's a chance you will not.

If you are not accepted you have 3 options:

Decide that you are doing another psycho working year and earning a lot of money to help you later on.

Decide that you are doing psycho + a few courses in the open and working a little less.

A bus from the open to Tel Aviv University.

Of the three options, quite unrealistic for most people, it is very difficult.

With regard to the transition from mechanical to industrial and management.

Thus, the demand for industry and management, especially in Tel Aviv, is very high.

As a result, the admission conditions there are higher than the rest of the engineering except for non-human combinations of electricity, computers, physics.

This does not mean that the studies are difficult for a mechanical engineer, which means that you will have to finish the first year if you are accepted and will want to pass with an average of approximately 90.

You are not the only one who wants to move from mechanical to industrial and management.

My experience of getting an 90 average in the first year in machines in Tel Aviv is not easy.

I do not know you, but if you start machines, assume that there is a pretty high chance that you will not be able to switch to industry and management, and ask yourself what you will do in this place?

Link to content

I signed up for the machine. Chances are I'll get a rejection message, but maybe something will pop up / drop a little before the start of the year / there will not be enough demand. I registered. Anyway I think I'm getting off the industry and management for now.

The idea is to start learning without postponing a year, because the idea of ​​investing so much time and energy in learning something that is not related to my profession at all (psychometric) sounds simple to me.

I'm going to Friday for a consultation day at the opening to see if it suits me. I live with my parents and so I have all the time I need to study. I am independent and have strong self-discipline and good mathematical ability Although I highly doubt about the difficulty level of studying engineering in a first year alone.

So it's not closed yet. Another important question - Someone told me about a person who moved from Afeka to Tel Aviv University (he had good grades) after the first year! Do you know such an option, someone who did it?

Sharon

Link to content

• 1 month later ...

So it's not closed yet. Another important question - Someone told me about a person who moved from Afeka to Tel Aviv University (he had good grades) after the first year! Do you know such an option, someone who did it?

Sharon

Usually the transition after the first year is in the opposite direction: sheikhHessam:

I personally do not think that all of these modes of transition are a good idea at all (unless you have been exposed to mathematical courses in the past and you know who is against whom). The averages in some courses are low and contrary to what people remember from high school, the grade is not always directly proportional to the investment (and not even proportional in many cases, and the investment is not always enough to get good grades).

Keep in mind that if you start at Afeka and go to Tel Aviv, you may not be familiar with some of the courses and will have to do them again.

The conditions for acceptance of mechanical engineering (BTA) are not high compared to other engineering and I assume that you are not very far from the agreement that is needed. If you really want to study at the university you will consider improving your matriculation / matriculation exams that will boost your average

Link to content

The idea is to start learning without postponing a year, because the idea of ​​investing so much time and energy in learning something that is not related to my profession at all (psychometric) sounds simple to me.

I'm going to Friday for a consultation day at the opening to see if it suits me. I live with my parents and so I have all the time I need to study. I am independent and have strong self-discipline and good mathematical ability Although I highly doubt about the difficulty level of studying engineering in a first year alone.

Sharon

Which courses do you enroll?

Be prepared to sit alone 5 minimum hours every day .. (except, if you get lucky and find someone with a schedule like yours)

Link to content

Studying in the open does not mean learning alone, there are lessons in the open, there are lecturers and they usually help a lot more than a regular university

The difference is that you do not have classmates to study with.

On the other hand, you have much more organized books and courses that direct you how and what to learn every week.

Anyone who does not have other occupations apart from studying and knows that he is good at math should not have a problem.

Let's note that I did computer science at the beginning, so I know the courses and the difficulty.

Link to content

• 3 weeks later ...

In my opinion, improve psychometric if possible.

I study in Hebrew and this is exactly what I did even though I sent a request letter to receive it because I was missing something like 15 NECK in psycho and indeed they agreed to accept me. I did not trust the letter and did a psychometric exam again and improved 80 points.

Do not give yourself up

Link to content

Hey friend, I thought about it a little more and finally decided to start with Afeka. I hear from many students that the level is high and it is difficult to study there (+ high dropout rates), and that they are very satisfied with the conditions. It's not right for me to spend a whole year now in the psychometric and matriculation exams, mainly because today you look at the experience a lot. I've opened online job ads in several places and the requirement for university / Technion graduates is listed once for 15 if not more frequently. What's more, I'm an 24 son, and I do not want to postpone it anymore.

In the end, I will invest and learn what I love in the most professional way, make as many connections as possible and learn from interest and love of the profession and less from greed, and eventually I will go far, regardless of whether it's a college or university. The differences are becoming more and more blurred, and I can live with the assumption that I may not work at Intel or Microsoft, but on a million and some other jobs in the world.

Thank you very much for all the help, there is nothing like the forums of HWZONE for consultations of this kind : yelclap:

Link to content

Hey friend, I thought about it a little more and finally decided to start with Afeka. I hear from many students that the level is high and it is difficult to study there (+ high dropout rates), and that they are very satisfied with the conditions. It's not right for me to spend a whole year now in the psychometric and matriculation exams, mainly because today you look at the experience a lot. I've opened online job ads in several places and the requirement for university / Technion graduates is listed once for 15 if not more frequently. What's more, I'm an 24 son, and I do not want to postpone it anymore.

In the end, I will invest and learn what I love in the most professional way, make as many connections as possible and learn from interest and love of the profession and less from greed, and eventually I will go far, regardless of whether it's a college or university. The differences are becoming more and more blurred, and I can live with the assumption that I may not work at Intel or Microsoft, but on a million and some other jobs in the world.

Thank you very much for all the help, there is nothing like the forums of HWZONE for consultations of this kind : yelclap:

I do not think you have so much to worry about. I am currently a student at Intel G. Gat and study at the Holon Institute of Technology (HIT), which is about to end the fourth year of Industrial Engineering and Management. There are also those who studied at Sammy Shimon and other colleges and have progressed after 3-5 years in a certain position in the production department for a position in one of the various engineering departments.

Believe it is really up to you after all, do not know so much about Afeka but if you say that the level there is good and so others are telling you then probably so.

It is only important that you maintain a good average because it is also a criterion for admission to positions and to get a master's degree if you wish, preferably in one of the various universities (the higher your average, the more likely you are to be exempted from the GMAT test).

Good luck anyway!

Link to content

What is the name 'nahat'? "The name of the title is - the title No Studying industrial engineering and management. To claim that you have a degree you did not learn is something that borders on criminal behavior. Beyond that, it's just chutzpah.

GMAT is a prerequisite only for MBA studies (or master's degree in management and specifically at the Technion, and a master's degree in industrial and management supervision).

Regarding a transition from a college to Tel Aviv or a master's degree in Tel Aviv after a first degree at the college:

1. In general, in Tel Aviv they "spit" on students from colleges (unfortunately, from experience).

2. There is nothing to talk about unless you excel.

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site