Consulting for Software Studies at the Open University - Studies and Job Offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Consulting in software studies at the Open University

eido300

I'm considering starting the OUI and have a few questions, I'd be happy if you answer me about them.

I do not really know what I'm supposed to learn, I like to write code and that's what I want to engage in, what am I supposed to learn in software engineering? Computer Science?

Link to content

• תגובות 99
  • Opens on
  • Last comment

OK thank you

- - - Unified response: - - -

Can someone direct me and tell me what I'm looking for? What is it called? How long is school? Is there any demand in the market? Or any other information that might be of use to me? By the way, I did not do a psychometric exam and luckily, at the Open University, I do not need a psychometric exam, can it ruin my job?

Thanks

Link to content

Computer science or software engineering, it does not really matter. So much of the courses overlap. I think you'll go over the curriculum and choose the one with more courses you think you'll be interested in.

I have no experience but reading a lot about the subject (a degree in the field) I can say that the description from the open will not actually destroy you, it actually shows that you have a high level of self-learning ability (the Zionists play a role, yes?).

The degree should certainly be as difficult as any university, and includes high-level mathematics. You probably need very high self-discipline to succeed in it (which is true in any other university ...) and not spread it over 52463 years.

Link to content

In general, software engineering contains the required courses in computer science, and a large number of elective courses.

So, as they said, there is no critical difference at first, both of which you will have to do the same courses. The difference is the last year you have to do a final project (in software engineering) and some elective courses to complete the credits.

In general, a degree of Open University is considered as a degree, and can sometimes be appreciated because it requires a lot of self-discipline.

I study at the Open University in the course of software engineering,

From experience I can say that it is difficult but possible to learn alone.

Link to content

If you plan a single degree then I guess so, most of the great people who do computer science also take an additional degree, usually math or electrical engineering.

The average time for software engineering studies is 4 years and computer science time is 3 years. You of course can split it as you wish.

Open University Unlike other universities you can choose your own program.

For instance, you can do all the math courses in sequence and then the software and computer, although I do not specifically recommend it.

Link to content

You're a little confused here.

This is not about another degree, but about a two-circle degree. Commonly do computer science - math or computer science - business administration.

Even more common is to do only computer science, single-circle.

In my opinion, unnecessary software engineering over computer science because the extra year wastes time when you could already work in the industry, gain experience and earn money of course.

A bachelor's degree in computer science is definitely enough to fit into the field. Master's degree has limited demand and very specific areas.

Link to content

You're a little confused here.

This is not about another degree, but about a two-circle degree. Commonly do computer science - math or computer science - business administration.

Even more common is to do only computer science, single-circle.

In my opinion, unnecessary software engineering over computer science because the extra year wastes time when you could already work in the industry, gain experience and earn money of course.

A bachelor's degree in computer science is definitely enough to fit into the field. Master's degree has limited demand and very specific areas.

So your recommendation is to do only a bachelor's degree in computer science as a one-class?

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site