Do not know what to learn. Does anyone have experience or know the degree in Internet technologies at Bar-Ilan? - Study and Job Offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Do not know what to learn. Does anyone have experience or know the degree in Internet technologies at Bar-Ilan?

yoni_h

Well, so my situation is this:

I've been a long time trying to quit on what degree I want to do and can not reach an unequivocal conclusion.

The problem with me is that I do not have a field that I feel really really interested me or that I connect to, except for the West, so it's hard for me to choose which degree I want to do.

My default is to do a degree in Arabic because it's something I like and good at, but because of the very limited employment opportunities in the field I decided that I had to combine with this / to make a completely different degree that would be more practical.

I have an interest in computing, , Troubleshooting etc., but not at the level of doing a degree in subjects such as computer science / engineering, because I do not have enough data, and because I think they are bigger than me in terms of mathematics and load.

So at the end I got a degree in the Department of Information Science at Bar Ilan University, specializing in technologies Which offers relatively low threshold requirements and incorporates content related to the world of the Internet and the like. And now I'm thinking of choosing it out of the thought that this title could perhaps open up more doors for me in other areas and jobs.

I know that he does not use a specific field or a profession, but maybe it can really open up other possibilities. Here I turn to you in order to hear what you think about the matter in general and about this title in particular. Do you know people who did the degree? What career opportunities do graduates have? Do you think it is better for me to combine it with Arabic when Arabic will be a secondary class? Give up the title?

I would greatly appreciate your help, in the hope that I can reach a final decision.

Link to content

• 2 months later ...
  • 2 weeks later ...

What do you want to do in life? Learning Arabic is only good if you want to be a teacher and here you are in a low position in front of all the Hebrews in Israel. In order to assure yourself of an economic future, you have to learn computers. All the other degrees are by emotion and according to what you want to study for a master's degree.

Link to content

"

I have an interest in computers, , Troubleshooting etc., but not at the level of doing a degree in subjects such as computer science / engineering, because I do not have enough data, and because I think they are bigger than me in terms of mathematics and load.

"

How old are you ?

Why do you think you can not improve grades?

Maybe Or IT? (No degree required)

Link to content

I'm just about 24.

In psychometric exams I suffered from every moment, it's just not for me, especially the issue of stress and timeliness, including the entire field of mathematics. That's why I refrained from doing this damn test again.

A computer technician in my opinion is a waste of time. There is nowhere to develop in this, and there is not much work in this field. Perhaps as an independent, but I understand that the market is flooded with such things and it is difficult to integrate.

One of my problems is that I think I'm looking for an easy life. I do not feel like studying for a hard title and tear myself up every day from morning to night, and I do not feel like having a routine like a high-tech man who works early in the morning until late at night.

Working in IT does not require a degree?

Link to content

So take the time, work at minimum work to be raped and then either show you the will or get used to such jobs. I recommend you to work in the Lafdesk and from there to develop. In this way I can not advise you. I can advise you on humane studies. Just so you know that humanistic titles are often more difficult than real ones, so you will not have an easy life anyway.

Link to content

A programmer also works in the IT field in principle (at least some of the programmers). Just distort that term.

There are certain roles in IT, probably the roles of technician / "responsible" for their kind, which The vast majority of them Of those who deal with them are without a degree.

Link to content

So take the time, work at minimum work to be raped and then either show you the will or get used to such jobs. I recommend you to work in the Lafdesk and from there to develop. In this way I can not advise you. I can advise you on humane studies. Just so you know that humanistic titles are often more difficult than real ones, so you will not have an easy life anyway.

More loaded with computer science / engineering ?!

What can you advise me about humanities?

Link to content

Again depending on which profession but in general yes.

The biggest problem of mathematical degrees is mathematics but if you have a head to it, the title moves relatively smoothly. The stuff is more concentrated but you need to know and understand what you are doing

In humane degrees you have a crazy scope of study (sometimes 1000 + reading pages for the profession) and you will have to sit on your ass day and night and read material that is mostly boring

In real titles, the scores are less variable (as far as I can see, as long as you have 80 + it's great) but mainly experience

If you finish a humanistic degree with an average of 80, you have not done anything. You have more millions like you who have finished with a higher average. And employers look at a combination of experience and grades (I finished with an average of 90 + and it cost me blood and sweat)

And then comes the bitter truth that unless you get settled or lucky and succeed in getting into some organization, you will probably need to pursue a master's degree. Even if you finish a master's degree it does not guarantee you a good job or a job at all. Usually you have another one-year course of work in a placement company or through a placement company with a really impressive salary and only then will you have anything to offer on the market.

It is not fun to approach the age of thirty and find out that you earn around minimum with two degrees in hand.

Link to content

One of my problems is that I think I'm looking for an easy life. I do not feel like studying for a hard title and tear myself up every day from morning to night, and I do not feel like having a routine like a high-tech man who works early in the morning until late at night.

Working in IT does not require a degree?

You will learn education with a teaching certificate, no matter what field.

Good conditions at work, huge demand all the time, studies are relatively easy with comfortable admission conditions ...

The only question is whether you are able to stand in front of a classroom and teach.

Link to content

Or earn a minimum all your life ... Have not you seen the traffic light? Benefactors do more than teachers
"Ramzor" does not exactly reflect reality.

There's a lot of talk about the ridiculous salaries of teachers, and to a certain extent it's true, especially for novice teachers. But teachers accumulate time and conditions, so the minimum is really not all of life (as opposed to black jobs where it is all life). At some point the salary becomes reasonable.

Link to content

It's just an exaggeration. My mother is a teacher. Earns a small amount considering the amount of experience and professionalism. On the other hand - a lot of people in a situation not so different from that in the economy.

Employees have tended to spend a few hours (even if they do quite a bit at home), there are respectable vacations, social conditions are high. It's not that bad. Of course, the character has to fit that.

Link to content

Check out how much a novice teacher earns today, with all their new programs. Gross 8-10 is not bad. Sure when you calculate the convenient working hours, free one-third of the time, etc.

Not everything is pink, they work very hard, and "customers" are not ideal, but it can be a great direction for you.

Link to content

My mom is a teacher and I can tell you that she earns even more - in my opinion something like 11-12 net. But she is already close to retirement age, with a master's degree and a teaching certificate. She has done all the possible rewards for her advanced education. She has been a teacher and social coordinator in the past and has much experience in almost everything related to this field. Beginning teachers definitely make less money, but today with the new programs of the Ministry of Education, this raises their salaries relative to the past.

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site