A Leading University in the Field - Study and Job Offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

A leading university in the field

isragal

Peace:)

I am currently studying and very much considering where to study computer science

I've seen that a lot of companies are asking for a leading university in the field.

The Technion is clear, but what else am I currently considering? If I want to improve my matriculation exams, I really have a few missing points in order to be accepted to Tel Aviv

Or go to Ben-Gurion? What is more considered? And do you think another place to consider?

Edit: Thanks for the tips:) I have another question

Is there a high-tech center near Ben-Gurion? Has anyone learned her name?

I read that there is a huge high-tech center that is already starting to be populated

Link to content

I studied in Tel Aviv,

A friend of mine studied at Ben-Gurion University

In general, TA is one of the world's most respected computer science companies because of the quantity and quality of the researchers (= lecturers) working in the field

From what I understood, she is only second to the Weizmann Institute in the "name" she has

Hebrew and the Technion are the next in line (they surpass TA in other scientific fields)

And finally Ben-Gurion

The main advantage of Ben-Gurion is the atmosphere, the student atmosphere,

If this is a central consideration for you, I strongly recommend Ben-Gurion

If your main consideration is the potential for an academic career in the field (whether in Israel or abroad), Tel Aviv is preferable

In terms of actual differences in the curriculum -

I can not tell you

I have the impression that there are different differences between different universities in different courses: Sometimes a course at a specific university is more "considered" (usually saying that it is harder or that its lecturer is better / talented / leading in its field) Universities that choose to teach a particular field in a lighter / narrower manner, and those who choose to expand or even split a course (which in a different university is an individual) into two separate courses

There is no uniform trend

In any case, now I see that you mentioned the word "friendship", so for employment, a degree in each of them will be sufficient

It's hard for me to believe that any employer will treat you differently because you studied at Ben-Gurion instead of Tel Aviv

On what basis am I saying this? A friend of mine worked at HP and then moved to : After the degree

Also, my own company is full of people who have done degrees in various places, some even in colleges

Link to content

Take a degree in one of these institutions with a good grade and you will be organized (arranged = scheduled for interviews).

Once the X candidates have reached the job interview stage (ie, after the CV is filtered) the only thing that will determine is how you will get out in the interview.

In addition, you will choose the institution from among the following:

- What you get to him

- comfort (if you live in Jerusalem, then Hebrew makes sense)

Incidentally, the Hebrew University also has an excellent student atmosphere. A large proportion of the students come from outside the city and live in dormitories / rent apartments.

Link to content

Incidentally, the Hebrew University also has an excellent student atmosphere. A large proportion of the students come from outside the city and live in dormitories / rent apartments.

This is true,

I have a friend who studied there too

But it does not compare to what is in Be'er Sheva

Where people are really stuck in the middle of NOWHERE and have to spend time with each other :D

Link to content

Thanks for the tips:) I have another question

Is there a high-tech center near Ben-Gurion? Has anyone learned her name?

I read that there is a huge high-tech center that is already starting to be populated

Link to content

As someone who is studying computer science for a bachelor's degree in Hebrew and I also have a lot of friends who study in all the other institutions (TA, Technion, Ben Gurion) do yourself a favor, go to Ben-Gurion.

The high-tech company in Be'er Sheva today is in full swing, and in my opinion, waiting for a high-tech future is a warning that it may even bypass what is going on in the center.

More and more companies come to the WC every day and this is an important consideration when you come to study there and in the advanced years of your degree you may want to work as a student job in one of them and gain experience.

Link to content

Another advantage of Ben-Gurion is that living is also cheaper

To study in Tel Aviv and live a reasonable distance you have to pay a small OVERHEAD ...

I personally went to Tel Aviv because when I started studying I worked for a company in Netanya, so it was more convenient for me

Link to content

These rankings are worthless.

Among other things, what affects the ranking there is the number of students, university area, budgets.

Things that are not related to the quality of teaching and students, and things that Israeli universities can not compete with.

Link to content

These rankings are worthless.

Among other things, what affects the ranking there is the number of students, university area, budgets.

Things that are not related to the quality of teaching and students, and things that Israeli universities can not compete with.

These ratings are worth more than "A friend of my cousin studied in Tizinby and today he is a manager of Microsoft."

http://www.shanghairanking.com/ARWU-SUBJECT-Methodology-2013.html

There are some ratings for universities - Shanghai rating is one of them. In every ranking the universities move, but a good university stays in a good place regardless of the rankings. If you want to rely on ratings to choose a school, you can go into each of them and decide which one is most correct. Those who prefer to rely on what they heard from a friend of a friend, or 20 friends of friends, successfully.

Link to content

In the local arena it is enough to ask every employer in the field and he will put Ben-Gurion, Tel Aviv, the Hebrew University and the Technion in one line.

On the international scene, the Weizmann Institute may call someone.

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Amazon's parade continues

Amazon's parade continues

Come and be impressed by another list of great prices for quality hardware products and gadgets that can make your credit cards work overtime