How to prepare for a degree in MDH without any previous experience? - Studies and job offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

How to prepare for a degree in MDH without any previous experience?

Ofir Lavi

Hey,

I begin next year a degree in Computer Science with Psychology with an emphasis on neuroscience.

I have math 4, I have never been involved in programming beyond a few lessons in the division and working with (If you can call it general programming), and physics I did not do in high school.

When I enlisted in the army, I started a pilot course where I did a course in the XUUMX and mechanics, which I did not manage to finish (I flew on a flight level), and it's hard to say that I remember anything from them.

Following all these, I have a pretty strong feeling (correct me if I'm wrong) that I'm going to find myself at a disadvantage to serious at the beginning of the degree.

The school year begins another six months, and I want to use the time as best I can to prepare in any way I can.

Despite my not-so-impressive history, I have an excellent reception and a head of mathematical not bad total (Psychometric 736)

My question is directed mainly at those who are already studying from the DMA, what courses / knowledge should I study before my degree?

I would appreciate your help

Link to content

I do not think you're going to find yourself at a disadvantage.

Teach you from the most basic foundation. Do not assume any background in basic programming and math (arithmetic). All the algebra, and the calculus, you learn without assuming you have taught them in high school.

It is enough to refresh the material you have learned (4 in high school and the courses you started in the army) - and you are likely to be in a good position.

Link to content

Thanks for the comments.

Still, to find myself in position as best I can (or increase my chances of good grades in the title while conducting a sane lifestyle).

Would you recommend studying a course or two at GOOL / COURSERA / KHAN ACADEMY and the like?

One student of the Tel Aviv University of Tel Aviv I spoke with recommended me to study Peyton, and if I have a possibility, then I would also be alone.

If you had six months to prepare for a degree, what would you invest in pre-study? (Other than basic mathematics)

Link to content

Do you have six months before school? Go make some good trip.

At the maximum of a month before you learn a bit about mathematical spelling, polynomials, vectors.

I also began to study computer science without any prior knowledge. I did not even know the sign of a big sigma.

Link to content

At Tel Aviv University.

I returned in September from a half-year trip in South America. Now on Passover I was 4 days in Amsterdam, so I am calm and full of motivation (:

Thank you, you gave me the feeling that I'm at a very big gap.

I wrote down the topics you mentioned (mathematical spelling, polynomials, vectors - I think I'll go through all of the 1 files) and I'll add Peyton because that's why a student from the faculty recommended me, but learning for six months gives me a chance to do it really and fun. The possibility of assimilating things deeply.

From khan academy, for example, I studied before a pilot course, and I really enjoyed it. I hope that most of the materials on online study sites are at the level of khan academy.

Thank you all! (If someone has another idea for a course / topic that seems to him to be fun and fun, I'm open to more suggestions)

Link to content

When I studied mathematics at Tel Aviv University, the faculty organized a short preparatory course towards the beginning of the degree - a brief rehearsal of the 5 Math Study material, and I do not remember exactly what you learn, but it's worth your while to find out.

Link to content

I do not know if this is what Unavoidable mentioned, but before you start with other things, you should go over the four lectures here in mathematics:

http://www2.technion.ac.il/ug/readme.html (Just to make sure your base is reasonable and you're fresh).

If I found right andthis Your program, so it seems that you do not have to be so programmed to study because the programming course will only be in the second semester, and these introduction courses usually begin with very basic things.

Still, I think it would be very nice to know how to program before school. I would encourage you to learn the basics of Python (simple / intuitive language) and then solve all sorts of puzzlesThe Euler Project Or just program things yourself (from experience, things you know during this process can help you with the title). Python is a language that can be learned quite quickly (and then slowly as you go along Gigoles Random, even recognizing her at a level not at all bad).

(As it says here, people start learning without preparing for half a year before and still succeed), I would recommend that you see From the Technion (who have already published a link here).

For the calculus I would recommend the calculus 1 T and for algebra, algebra A (the two video lecturers are excellent andis very Recommended).

You will also try to solve some exercises here and there. It is said that anyone who tries to study mathematics only from observation will often experience failure.

(Also exists Lonely, but you may not want to overload yourself.)

By the way, the CSI and Algebra I mentioned above may be at a higher level than you need (from what I found on Google, 1 B is easier than 1 A, for example).

Even if I did, I heard from people who needed courses at a relatively low level and saw the video above, that they were happy.

(And as for physics, I realized that in Tel Aviv you are defined as "lacking physics," and then there are certain faculties where you are asked to do a physics degree test, do you know if you need this exam?

By the way, I remembered now that in Tel Aviv they recently started to teach Python in the introductory course = (In any case, the emphasis in the course is not on knowing how to program in Python, so whether you learn the language before or not, your course will not be very big. Basic in Computer Science - in a nutshell, of course.)

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site