Consultation on integration of work and studies in the field of networks - studies and job offers - HWzone forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Consultation on work integration and network studies

QWERRREWQ

Greetings,

Click here to I have worked as a freelance computer professional for many years. I have worked as a computer engineer for a company (not related to IT) for one year. I have no relevant qualification and my knowledge is from experience and personal study. Of subject matter professionals.

My goal is to work in the field of information security, which of course goes through the field of network management, but now beyond the basic technology (which I know excellent and I also experienced it) I do not even have knowledge in Active Directory and Exchange so that even helpdesk jobs and technical support I can hardly get.

The question is this, because for a fixed minimum salary I need immediate and can not be rejected, which area in the meantime can help me gain experience that will benefit me later to integrate in the field of networking and information security.

And another thing, is it realistic to study the networking field independently and go to the Microsoft certification exams without having to go to college and pay 15 - $ 1,000 (recommended textbooks or sites?) And whether it is not important for high-tech companies to attend an organized college.

I believe this is a question that has been planted here a lot but these things are being updated and changing rapidly so I would be happy if you can guide me because I am really confused.

Thanks in advance.

Link to content

• 2 weeks later ...

You do not need any authority to work in the field and certainly not to do a really good job.

Also, what interests employers is your knowledge and experience rather than some piece of colored paper that you get from a company whose whole purpose is self-marketing (no matter what vendor it is about).

The things you deal with as a Halp Desk employee are very basic, but give you a broad perspective on the profession and the ability to see how the system works. If they are nice, they will also tell you what they are doing.

Everything in the field can be taught alone and without any need for accreditation.

You will start to enter the field of the desk and see if this fits you and exactly what you want to do.

editing:

What was not clear in my explanation four months ago?

Link to content

Thank you very much for the multicore answer, the thing is that I've been looking for a job for a month both in the field of help desk and in the field of technician With a touch on the networking issue and despite all my experience (which may not be much, but also quite a few), I almost do not get back to it. I tend to believe that the certification will improve the situation, since most of them really write that Microsoft certification is an advantage or even a duty for them.

Or there's a Cutch that I do not notice ...

Link to content

Unfortunately, no, I'm not getting back to any HELP DESK job after I sent a resume, but the few jobs that came back to me were technician jobs Which already required knowledge in Active Directory and Exchange where I do not have the knowledge and experience (I know I am now starting to learn from CBT Nuggets) and I ask myself how I will gain experience in these things if I do not get back to jobs help desk ???

So what I thought maybe a certificate will upgrade me in the initial screening of resumes ....

Link to content

Or you've written something wrong on a resume or are running for jobs that do not fit your profile.

The knowledge required in Exchange / AD is so basic that you can train anyone to do the job. Everything you manage as a desk liner is things like:

A. Create a user.

B. Reset user password.

third. User lock.

D. You have removed / removed a user to an existing group.

God. Connection help (eg an employee who can not remember the name used or his password or can not access certain resources).

I do not think you can call it knowledge in AD. :)

No one expects you to know that it is deeper than end-user management and support that can be purchased in a few minutes instead.

You can also see how things are done on . What Yeast in CBT Nuggets is a crazy overkill for what you really are expected to know in this job.

The other things in this job are really things that are knowledge of supporting the software and systems of that company / organization. Can be talked about on general software like MS And to dedicated systems for the same organization that you do not need to know in depth.

Most of your work will end up in installation (if there is no distribution tool), help with feature settings, and support for hacker problems.

Link to content

Thanks again multicore for the quick response.

If I really know the job required is so basic (which I certainly know how to do and more than that) then what is really the problem ?, Maybe I should just write in the category of "professional experience" that I have experience in AD so that it will advance me? - Because now on resume I have not written anything about Exchange and AD.

what do you recommend ?

Link to content

I do not understand anything here ...

As someone who would employ you, you would first ask: Have you been engaged in the same profession for eight years and have not progressed to anything other than being a "technician"?

It looks a bit suspicious.

Link to content

Considering that I started working in the field from an early age (16-17) and that for the most part of the time I worked as a freelancer but naturally I would stay in the same place, I did not work in a particular organization.

Link to content

Even if you did it as a freelance and relatively young age, what makes you make the decision that you are going in that direction now?

What direction are you talking about, in the IT field? - for the simple reason that I love the field, know it and experience it and want to deal with it.

Link to content

exactly. This is the question that you will be asked both in the human resources department and in the professional interview before deciding to recruit you for work.

Eight years is a period is very (Especially in such a "junior" position) and will always be interested in why you have not progressed to anything else to this day. It is important that you be prepared for such questions.

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Amazon's parade continues

Amazon's parade continues

Come and be impressed by another list of great prices for quality hardware products and gadgets that can make your credit cards work overtime