Course Preparation for the CEH Exam - Study and Job Offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

A course that prepares for the CEH test

One who knows

Hey people

I am interested in the field of information security, in search of the Internet there are several colleges that offer courses in the field.

I was thinking about a course that prepares for the CEH exam of See Security College.

Does anyone know the course and can testify if it is worth 13500 NIS?

I basically expect to leave this course with the latest tools in the field.

I will be happy to learn

Thanks

Link to content

• תגובות 31
  • Opens on
  • Last comment

Want to be a hacker? This test is not the right way.

In order to be a hacker you need to have deep knowledge in many areas. The CEH is an American test that has no good basis and is not considered quality in the market.

If you are an autodidact you will learn by yourself.

Link to content

When you say "analysis of information systems", what does it mean?

I work for a company that provides the operating system to other companies. I am responsible for developing new modules that are consumed by the users (I am not a programmer, I "plan" the new module and pass on the required information to the programmer)

Want to be a hacker? This test is not the right way.

In order to be a hacker you need to have deep knowledge in many areas. The CEH is an American test that has no good basis and is not considered quality in the market.

If you are an autodidact you will learn by yourself.

Ok, what's the right way if I'm not an autodidact? (I do not define myself as such, but here we are talking about a wide area of ​​study and not something specific, and after I get tools in a certain place I can definitely develop alone)

Link to content

So what brings you to the decision that you want to get this qualification?

I do not understand the connection between what you do in your professional life and what they will try to teach you there.

People who deal with information security in full but only partially deal with it and do not need any beautiful paper to make their links.

Link to content

I am sorry that I am being pushed into a discussion that I did not open, but I am also very interested in this question.

It's not the paper that makes or makes a difference, and it's not what will bring work (it can not hurt), it's really a starting point to learn the profession, I'm a programmer in my profession, I was involved in information security in all kinds of variations, from "hacking" to WIFI and PENTESTING Khoury To re-engineer a game to do a DLL injection so I can give other commands or build a BOOT (I'm lazy).

I really do not have a hacker, I have some knowledge but I want more, and the truth I prefer if I have some environment that encourages me to study, sometimes it's a bit hard for me to disconnect voluntarily from my daily routine and course does it pretty well.

I do not necessarily insist on CEH, but I would be happy for any framework that could be suitable for me and be a stimulating environment. If any of you can recommend such a framework, I and I believe that the discussion would have been very happy.

Many thanks in advance.

Link to content

So what brings you to the decision that you want to get this qualification?

I do not understand the connection between what you do in your professional life and what they will try to teach you there.

People who deal with information security in full but only partially deal with it and do not need any beautiful paper to make their links.

There is no connection between my work today and the course. I want it because I have time and it interests me, and it probably will open up new employment opportunities for me.

From meetings with school counselors I had held in recent days, I realized that the more serious qualifications (correct me if I am wrong) were of Cisco and Check Point, such as NCSA, CCNA, CCSA, CCSE.

What do you say about these qualifications? Good?

Raamses - I'd love to do the course with someone else

Link to content

Without going into what I (and many other professionals) think about these masks, they are worthless if you are not engaged in the field.

What will let you learn something about OSPF settings if you have never touched or seen equipment That it's not some lousy box lying in your house and you're going to have a "router" and what's going to let you learn ethical hacking if you've never written a set of rules for a firewall or an internet-hardened server?

If this is the professional direction you aspire to, then why are you not working in the field from the beginning and how do you see yourself moving forward in another year and five years?

Again - all this was written from the perspective of someone who is engaged in seven years in the profession and went out to taste almost all shades in the field.

Link to content

Hi,

I did not work in the field because I did not think it was such a flourishing field. For me, this area belongs to criminals or states. I always thought it was a small niche that would be a hobby for me.

Now that I have learned a bit and done a little research, I understand that I have not.

I very much agree with you that experience in the field is more important and I am not going to learn theoretical knowledge. Therefore, one year from the end of the course I see myself as involved in this field. At the moment, I am satisfied with my work place and beyond the scope of the matter, we will be lowering the conditions. I hope that at the end of the course I will find work in this field at least under the same conditions as I do now.

In other words, there is another way you recommend me to acquire this knowledge?

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site