Consultation Where to study mechanical engineering? - Study and Job Offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Consultation Where to study mechanical engineering?

shai11

Precisely for the reason you need to prepare, all options are open to you.

There are a variety of colleges that grant a BSc degree in mechanical engineering such as Sami Shimon, Ort Braude, Afeka and more.

On the other hand, it is always better to go to university if possible.

The preparatory program at the universities is quite difficult, and if you decide to go to one, you will take a serious, responsible and mature approach and prepare to work very hard. (Even the college preparatory program is not a picnic)

I would like to tell you that no matter what you are told about the colleges, if you come up with a serious approach to learning, you will get one of the tools to be a good engineer, no matter whether it's easier or not. ..

Just as if you underestimate, and try to get only grades at the university, you will leave a type B engineer ..

A university does not promise engineers that they are a lift (as an occasional interviewer, I understood this a long time ago).

After you get your diploma, when you look for work, much depends on how you present and sell yourself to an interviewer. It is also very worthwhile to work in the field as a student, this experience is invaluable.

I just have to warn you, the profession is very hard, and the initial salaries are on the floor.

Best regards,

R.

Mechanical engineer, graduate of the Technion.

Link to content

I live in the North (Nahariya). I called Ort Braude. She told me that you have to do a math preparatory course and submit an exception on the psychometric exam to the Exceptions Committee because there is 546 and 550.

I called Ariel after a recommendation from a member of the army (religious). I fit the 4 math and math math course that I have to get over 80 and if I go through the studies I start in the February semester.

Of course, there is some hesitation about the name of the institution and even if you move the residence to Samaria for Ariel's degree, and I have no idea if it is "considered more" than Braude's.

Link to content

Try to avoid committees, if Ariel offer you a smooth receipt after preparatory, go there in my opinion.

Or alternately, try to find out more about your chances of getting a refusal on this committee.

In terms of the name of the institution, there is no preference over each other (in my opinion at least).

Link to content

I would like to tell you that no matter what you are told about the colleges, if you come up with a serious approach to learning, you will get one of the tools to be a good engineer, no matter whether it's easier or not. ..

Just as if you underestimate, and try to get only grades at the university, you will leave a type B engineer ..

A university does not promise engineers that they are a lift (as an occasional interviewer, I understood this a long time ago).

This is true, but even before the interview he will compete with other candidates from universities who are considered - on paper - better than him. Given the supply of mechanical engineering graduates from the Technion (as you probably know), he will initially start in a lower position, so why should he do that? If you are already preparing, it is best to do it in the most considered place in the field (and it does not matter whether it's right or not - what counts is image).

Link to content

I did not find any formal rating, but if I had to rank:

1,2,3 Technion / Tel Aviv / Ben Gurion in any order you choose.

Ariel (apparently)

5 -... All other colleges that offer a degree in mechanical engineering. You can use happiness surveys, but that does not mean much to my taste (if difficult - bad rating, if hard lecturers - bad rating, etc., etc.).

Not every employer knows all the colleges (for better or for worse), but no one knows what Technion / Tel Aviv / Ben-Gurion is.

Link to content

Hebrew is also there among the first 1-4.

Even though I do not know how realistic it is for him.

My recommendation is that you go to the highest track you think you can. So if you think you will succeed at the Technion go to the Technion (closer to the house I assume, regardless of the dorm).

If you think it will be too difficult for you there (everyone has a hard time), then go to the next option, Tel Aviv, Ben Gurion, on and on.

All this considering the considerations of residence, comfort etc. since this is going to be your city in 4 for the next few years at least.

Link to content

• 2 weeks later ...
  • 4 weeks later ...

I'm a mechanical engineer and I can tell you exactly what I'm doing, but mechanical engineering is so diverse that there are mechanical engineers who will never do what I do and vice versa.

Anyway, I'm a factory engineer for a medical equipment company in the Judean Lowland (I do not know which), and I'm responsible for many different things.

Than the correctness of products, finds faults and solves them, produces / fixes / approves / disqualifies production drawings.

Sends parts for production (injections, castings, CNC machining, 3D printing, etc.), supervises new trains, develops new products (with development team) works with medical standards, examines new production technologies and much more.

Maybe it sounds a lot but you do not always do everything, and it's always possible to move some work down :)

For example, I have a friend who is also a mechanical engineer, and he works all day with Matlav and designs missile control systems at Rafael.

Another member deals with planning mechanisms at a subsidiary of Rafael (working a lot on the computer in TIBM).

Another member of Elta works in the team Of radars, did not specify exactly what he was doing.

The bottom line is that if you learn the profession well and investors, there are always good jobs for good engineers who work hard in the field of their choice.

Link to content

College graduates will also find work is only a matter of time, but will initially find it difficult to get into desirable and sparkling places, but there have always been things.

In the second job (if necessary) no one will ask you where you learned. They'll be more concerned with what you did before.

I stress again, it is very important to learn Well the profession!!!! And impress in a job interview, an impressive college graduate is better than a college graduate (from experience as an occasional interviewer).

Another very important thing is to work as a student and finish your degree with some (relevant) experience that helps a lot!

I am familiar with Sami Shamoon's engineering track, and it seems not bad at all, about the rest, I do not know how to say.

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Gaming treats for the weekend

Gaming treats for the weekend

Another free game from the Epic Games Store, free titles to try out from Steam and Ubisoft Connect, fresh game packages on the Humble Bundle website and more are waiting for you inside