About Wine - Linux, Mac and Other Operating Systems - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

About wine

Is it true that any software designed for a Windows operating system is installed and running? If not then which software is yes or does not install and run?

I also want to know where to download this software to the computer and how to use it.

Thanks.

I'd like to install it for example

http://www.styleseven.com/php/get_product.php?product=Digital%20Clock-7

Link to content

Before you come to run things in wine, check out what Linux has to offer. In the case of screen savers:

1. Install the big screen saver for Linux - xscreensaver and see what's there. Pretty sure you'll find some kind of clock there.

2. Some of the desktops allow you to show things you want (like: clock, hardware temperatures, many other things you want ....) on your computer's lock screen. See if you have it. If so, you can set the computer to lock the screen after X when you are not touching it and run the clock

Linux installs things - xscreensaver, wine ..... from the installation system and not from downloads. Look for what you want and install

wine tries to run "standard" programs. Whether it succeeds or not - you can check for yourself, and you can run a Google search .....

Example of "non-standard" software - (Even if they come in an exe file) - the drivers work at the operating system level, so you have to really adapt to Linux, it will not help you install them in Wine.

Screensaver (what you want here) is an intermediate case:

In the end it is also a program (there is no real difference between a scr file and a .exe file), so wine should be able to run it - run manually and get the screensaver on screen .....

But for it to automatically rise when you do not touch X on your computer, it should be run by the OS service. Linux xorg and / or desktop background processes are responsible for this, and they know how to run screensavers in the format of And not scr ....

You can run the screen saver automatically a little indirectly: if wine can run it (by running it immediately), you can set in the power settings or by a tool like xautolock, after you do not touch the computer X time will run a command, Can run the wine that will run the scr .....

Link to content

My experience with wine is not successful. Almost any software I wanted to run there because there were no good alternatives in Linux, did not work. Hebrew never worked.

The only exception was IE only when it was installed through the winetricks add-in package

Link to content

Before you come to run things in wine, check out what Linux has to offer. In the case of screen savers:

1. Install the big screen saver for Linux - xscreensaver and see what's there. Pretty sure you'll find some kind of clock there.

2. Some of the desktops allow you to show things you want (like: clock, hardware temperatures, many other things you want ....) on your computer's lock screen. See if you have it. If so, you can set the computer to lock the screen after X when you are not touching it and run the clock

Linux installs things - xscreensaver, wine ..... from the installation system and not from downloads. Look for what you want and install

wine tries to run "standard" programs. Whether it succeeds or not - you can check for yourself, and you can run a Google search .....

Example of "non-standard" software - (Even if they come in an exe file) - the drivers work at the operating system level, so you have to really adapt to Linux, it will not help you install them in Wine.

Screensaver (what you want here) is an intermediate case:

In the end it is also a program (there is no real difference between a scr file and a .exe file), so wine should be able to run it - run manually and get the screensaver on screen .....

But for it to automatically rise when you do not touch X on your computer, it should be run by the OS service. Linux xorg and / or desktop background processes are responsible for this, and they know how to run screensavers in the format of And not scr ....

You can run the screen saver automatically a little indirectly: if wine can run it (by running it immediately), you can set in the power settings or by a tool like xautolock, after you do not touch the computer X time will run a command, Can run the wine that will run the scr .....

I installed the large screen saver collection in Linux and there were many shapes but not the clocks that work.

Link to content

My experience with wine is not successful. Almost any software I wanted to run there because there were no good alternatives in Linux, did not work. Hebrew never worked.

The only exception was IE only when it was installed through the winetricks add-in package

If you have a computer with Somewhere you will copy the contents of this folder C: \ Windows \ Fonts to the WINE file explorer at the same address.

Worked fine for me twice that I tried this trick.

Link to content

If you have a computer with Windows somewhere you will copy the contents of this folder C: \ Windows \ Fonts to the WINE file explorer at the same address.

Worked fine for me twice that I tried this trick.

There were a lot more problems beyond the fonts.

In any case a screen saver of Will not work in Linux as a case because such programs work at a lower level in windows where there is nothing to offer.

Note: Some internal Linux screen savers allow clock adjustment. Rami What kind of desk do you work?

Link to content

I did not understand what would be better to install? The wine or the winetricks?

Because I want to install the wine so I get a message that it might delete me from other things so what should I do with it?

n5wnzqbjnhjm.png

Link to content

There is a conflict between the wine settings and libraries that are related to your video card. Since I do not know why this library is installed, you can not say what will be destroyed if at all.

In any case you will not be able to install a screensaver of Or any screen saver that is not part of the mate.

Your options are: live with another screen saver, replace your desktop with a screen saver you like, and program a screen saver that looks the way you like it.

For your question: winetricks is a set of setup files for wine that allows certain software installations of with ease. If you wish to install winetricks it will install you wine and other things as an early requirement.

Link to content

There is a conflict between the wine settings and libraries that are related to your video card. Since I do not know why this library is installed, you can not say what will be destroyed if at all.

In any case you will not be able to install a screensaver of Or any screen saver that is not part of the mate.

Your options are: live with another screen saver, replace your desktop with a screen saver you like, and program a screen saver that looks the way you like it.

For your question: winetricks is a set of setup files for wine that allows certain software installations of with ease. If you wish to install winetricks it will install you wine and other things as an early requirement.

And if I search and middle in Google why is the library of the card installed this screen, then is this answer you can write down Is it worth deleting this library?

How do programmers screensaver show by personal preference?

And how can you without installing Else to replace the desktop?

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Sony's Power Show

Sony's Power Show

The Japanese maker has made an impressive appearance for its PlayStation 5 console, with a large number of new gameplay videos and some special surprises