Glimpse in Principle: Computer Science Engineering and Med - Study and Job Offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Basic dilemma: computer science engineering and what's in the middle

GaLmgnT

Hey guys.

I've been free for a while, and I'm already thinking seriously about a specific direction for higher education.

I have an average of high matriculation exams and a good psychometric exam. At the moment, according to the calculus, I summed up the universities' websites, and everything seems open to me.

After plowing the web in length and breadth and consulting with a small number of map and map students, I wanted to hear your opinion on the subject.

I am debating between Scala, who over time realized how broad it is: computer science, electrical engineering, physics. And unable to decide, at least for now.

I have some considerations that I can not manage to combine, and if someone here has any insights and comments, it can help me a lot:

I connect very much to computers, and is specific to programming. I studied the subject in high school, I am now experimenting with Codecademy, ProjectEuler and connect to it really (especially to the mathematical-algorithmic domain).

On the other hand, I am afraid of work that involves sitting in front of a computer screen throughout my day and working with endless hours.

In high school I loved physics studies, especially the theoretical parts. Recently I read a book or two on the subject and I believe that I will join the field at the university.

I have already realized that in terms of employment there is really no supply in the field, and yet I think that in combination with another field is a good option. I do not know how close I will be to research papers on the subject.

Also, I have never experienced it before, but I guess engineering is something I'll be good at and even love. I am very attached to the practical aspects of physics.

The problem is that the list of courses at the university sites does not help me to understand what really is taught and what it really is after the degree.

At the moment my planning is to study at Tel Aviv University (mainly because I heard very negative things about the Technion, I would be happy if you blow them up).

I'd love to hear what you think of integrated tracks.

The main years that caught me are electrical engineering and computer science (4 years), and the second is computer science and physics (3 years).

I'll start my degree at the age of 24 and even kiss the 25 already, so I'm pretty scared to go into 4 for years now.

So I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Link to content

That the path of physics-mulch is three years does not mean you finish it in 3 years.

These combined tracks are insanely difficult and the statistics say you will not finish them in time

And in general, in the three degrees you said you would probably work many hours in front of a computer. An electrical engineer and physicist will probably work mainly in front of the computer

Link to content

If you have a master's degree or higher in science subjects (like math, chemistry, physics) you will find a job. But if you have no interest in research, it is not for you because the works you find are likely to be of a research nature. In this case it is better for you to go to an engineering degree. You've gotten into physics - so engineering, engineering, or mechanical engineering will probably work for you. In connection with the computer, in any engineering / scientific work today you will work a lot in front of a computer. its unstoppable.

Link to content

Thanks for the comments, I'll be a little more sharp.

I understand that most of the work involves a computer in one way or another, and if that is not my problem. I'm just afraid to find that my employment with the computer is not interesting at all.

I keep reading endlessly and simply can not decide between this aspect of engineering or the exact sciences.

On the one hand, I am interested in learning more about physics (quantum theory, unified Torah, etc.), and on the other hand, practical applications, engineering.

I hear endlessly that this electric engineer is very wide, and can be deployed to many areas when eventually signal processing or optoelectronics does not mean anything to me at this stage.

Is there a good combination that you know, that does not require a double or combined degree?

Link to content

I suggest you start with electricity and with time you will see which specialization you prefer. Today you do not know what you want and do not know what is actually there, so in my opinion any track you choose from this field (electricity / electricity / physics / electricity-computer science, etc.) will be fine.

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Gaming treats for the weekend

Gaming treats for the weekend

Another free game from the Epic Games Store, free titles to try out from Steam and Ubisoft Connect, fresh game packages on the Humble Bundle website and more are waiting for you inside