A debate between two studies of JS 's diploma - Studies and job offers - HWzone forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

A dispute between two studies of JS certificate

arielman22

Peace

I am debating what studies to begin with the two options listed above:

http://www.hit.ac.il/external-studies/programs/programming/JavaScript

http://www.hit.ac.il/external-studies/programs/programming/HTML_5

Actually one is server-side and one client-side. What do you think, which one is more practical and relevant to the job market?

Link to content

No one will look at these documents, you can paint them in blue and throw them into the sea (just for recycling)

What is your background in programming? If you do not have, there is a lot of knowledge that needs to be completed first. If so, it already depends on what you connect to more, there is work in both areas (server side does not exist without customers and vice versa). Rumor has it that a server needs a higher skill.

In any case, it is much better to sit and study alone without paid courses and in a place.

Link to content

Okay I'll give some background

I work today in a high-tech company, but I do not really touch the code. I have a background in programming from the school, but let's say that most of it I forgot (in terms of code, not logic).

I tried to study at home but I realized that without this framework he would not go, so the studies I mentioned above are once a week, and they are suitable for me in terms of work and family.

My goal is to give me the motivation to go back to the code and learn more independent courses at home, and to look for another job from my present.

Since I never programmed in JS, how do I know what suits me better?

Link to content

The differences are not related to the language itself, but to the logic behind the code.

You'll start learning by yourself, there are good guides on the net who might define a frame for you. Try to build some interesting things with server and client, build a simple site that does all kinds of things with JS and at the same time build the server, probably worth with node.js

Link to content

This is what the lecturer wrote to me:

If your direction is to work as a full stack developersx ... both the client side and the server side in js ... then I recommend you start with the HTML5 course that covers javascript at the highest level ... you will gain experience and reach a high level in js during And only then will you continue to the node.js course (software engineering in js). The courses I take in hit do not open very often. Sometimes a year passes between one cycle and another.

This is the recommended order. Given that in the next html5 course we will also cover es2015 my recommendation only gets stronger.

Is it bullshit or is it?

Link to content

This is quite true apart from the fact that node.js is not "software engineering in js" (what is the context at all?)

Again, all this stuff can be learned alone. And to say that you reach a high level during the course is a complete lie (unless the course lasts a few years)

Sentences such as "

The courses I take in hit do not open often "sound like marketing phrases.

Link to content

There is so much material and guides (including video tutorials) on these topics on the Internet that it's a shame that you throw this money on an unnecessary course at a college that wants you to learn so that it can continue to finance the high salaries of its managers.

Take the 4 these hours a week, come home with a cup of coffee and start learning slowly, at your own pace and most importantly - for free.

I can recommend nodeschool.io as a good site to start learning javascript and node.js (it's just the same javascript code running on a server rather than a browser).

Link to content

Joins the opinion of do not waste money on it.

What's more, when you approach the subject yourself, you will come up with a goal: "I want to build an application that does X."

This will focus you more, and give you content for the topics you read.

It will record much better than just reading what does one function or another.

There is a project called todo-mvc, Which is a simple and nice ToDo application.

The point is that the project is implemented in all kinds of libraries written in JavaScript, which is a great way to learn them.

Of course the project is also implemented in "pure" JavaScript.

* I use the word , Because there are many libraries today that allow you to build a Web Page Application such as AngularJS. This is typical of today's Fullstack Web Developer.

Link to content

I know that most of you think that it is a waste of money, but that there is a framework of family work and children parity, so it is not simple. I tried several times and it did not work. So it is not subject to discussion. As for course, it seems to me that in the end I will go over it with the node.js. He seemed more focused and practical.

Link to content

I know that most of you think that it is a waste of money, but that there is a framework of family work and children parity, so it is not simple. I tried several times and it did not work. So it is not subject to discussion. As for course, it seems to me that in the end I will go over it with the node.js. He seemed more focused and practical.

When you have family, children and relationships, learning at home can be much more flexible and comfortable.

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Amazon's parade continues

Amazon's parade continues

Come and be impressed by another list of great prices for quality hardware products and gadgets that can make your credit cards work overtime