He lacks experience and wants to enter the high-tech world. - Study and Job Offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

He lacks experience and wants to enter the high-tech world.

EndyD

Hello everyone,

I am an 28 son, and I am interested in entering the field of high-tech. I am looking to do this without a degree, for various reasons. From Internet search and conversation with my friends circle came 2 options, software checker and CCNA.

A software checker sounded very gray to me, and I also heard that there was no real ability to develop in the field. And for the CCNA, I could not really figure out what kind of work the accreditation was and where I could go from the junior places.

In fact, the question is divided into several parts:

1. What qualifications should you consider? (And I mention I have no experience)

2. Are there certifications that stand alone in their own right and can slide me into the labor market with a future development horizon? If more than one qualification is required, what is the minimum?

3. Are there specific roles to target? (High demand for the job / accumulation of relevant experience during work / relatively high salary)

4. What are my salary expectations supposed to be in the beginning?

Do not get it wrong, it's clear to me that the title opens more doors, but like every person I have to learn to live with my deceptions, and now at the age of 28 to do a degree that will probably limit me from fooling myself and for other reasons it does not seem right for me, 5 years in the open or maybe even more, but I have not really checked it yet and this year I do not think I'll do it anyway.

Therefore, I would like most of the reference to be about getting as fast as possible to the market in the most optimal way and "on job training"

I believe that more will arise during the litigation.

Link to content

I am always surprised that people think that, unlike other professions, it is possible to enter the field of high-tech in a short way. If you take a course in tax law that will not make you an attorney or an accountant, why do you think CCNA will make you an engineer?

At your age, given that you do not (as far as I understand) have a real computer experience (administration of large systems, Etc.), I think that your best chance to enter the field is to start a relevant academic degree (such as computer science) at a regular university or at the beginning and look for a student job in the field while studying.

Link to content

If you thought I wanted to do a 4 course for months and find myself in the role of an engineer you are wrong. "Shortcut" is a relative expression, to do a degree can also be considered as a shortcut because it brings you to a standard level, I do not feel that I have the ability to currently do a degree and therefore I have to compromise on less prestigious work title holders.

My direction is to find an area in which, in the simplest way, I can integrate and allow myself to develop in the future.

I also asked what I was interested in doing - I think I was very clear my search is not what I want to do but what I am able to do in the field of possibilities of inexperience. I need your help if you know the field by raising ideas for qualifications / roles that can be integrated into them. My friends and I have not been able to get on a page more than 2 options and so I am seeking help from outside.

Did I manage to sharpen or am I still unclear? (I'm not cynical, I try to make things clear)

Link to content

• 2 weeks later ...
What do I need to learn to offer myself to Helpdesk? English, computer literacy, service

What about CCNA Is it possible to be a manager On the basis of this course alone? No

And what do you think about web learning and cryptographia Two areas differ significantly from one another. It is not exactly understandable how you connect them. Specific crypto is one of the most difficult areas.

What are the best self-study sites? Self-study of .... What?

Thanks

Link to content

To learn crypto at the most basic level should have at least a second year of academic math.

And when I say crypto, I mean real study and understanding of the subject - including the theoretical issues.

A slight hint of this can be seen in the film about Alan Turing, which was recently, the theoretical material in question studied there degree in computer science course in the third year.

If you mean encryption in the sense of using ready tools or manipulating tools, it is also something that kids can do.

And just one more thing - to say that this description is a short cut is ridiculous.

A market is built in a way that has demand and supply, and in order for a company that has a supply of jobs to know which employees to take, it creates a rating that will help it.

Such a rating is usually based on what they can know about each job seeker.

If you have a degree, it does not mean shortening, but you have proof that you can do X, Y, Z. Like if you finished first grade successfully you probably know how to read.

If you can create something that will differentiate you and give you an advantage over parallel candidates in a certain position you will probably succeed.

Link to content

How many points.

As someone without a degree you will be limited in the labor market significantly. Unless you are a talented writer and even if you have proven yourself in a smaller society.

In other words, there are many companies that will not even see you without a degree.

But ... there are a lot of start-ups, especially in the field of applications that they just need employees to develop an appellation and do not really care what mathematical and descriptive knowledge you have. Because to write EVENT DRIVEN APPLICATION on JAVA you do not really need to understand how the operating system works because the language works on a kind of virtual language.

If you really want to program you should not work as a . When you want to engage in something you should work in what you want to engage as early as possible, because if an employer sees that you have a lot of experience in something not directly related it even detracts.

Third thing, you can start doing a degree (if you have the ability) and stop in the middle. Then you are in a better situation than anyone who has not done a degree either in terms of knowledge and in terms of what you can write on resume. Although you can not register that you have a degree but you can register that you have to say two years of study in such an institution and such ...

Link to content

• 2 months later ...
  • 2 months later ...

The knowledge he will gain will benefit him ... even if he does not finish his degree. And he could write it on resumes too.

I write this because I saw people do it, they retired because they gave up and they were too hard, but it still helped them.

Even the "half-degree" opens more doors without a degree at all. 

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Amazon's parade continues

Amazon's parade continues

Come and be impressed by another list of great prices for quality hardware products and gadgets that can make your credit cards work overtime