HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

A debate about the study of computer science

itzhak59

Hi everyone. Sorry about the digging

I have been wondering about the recent days of computer science studies

I just finished a long work contract (nothing to do with computers) and missed the opening of the school year

My deliberation is whether to start the spring semester 25.2 at the Tel Aviv-Yafo Academy of Computer Science

Or wait for October and start studying computer science at the Hebrew University (I am accepted)

The advantage of the college is that I can complete the first year and in October already to continue for the second year (through the summer semester)

On the other hand, I have no problem continuing the period at work until October and starting a regular semester in Hebrew 

It's important to note that I'm not that young anymore I'm 24 already on April 25 and I'm a little apprehensive about pulling it off especially I've heard that in the software industry it's important to get young and gain experience 

Is it unusual to start a degree at age 25 and hit the market at age 28/29?

I always aimed to study at university than at college, maybe this is a misconception, how much more prestigious a degree from Hebrew will be? 

In addition, I heard from some people about the difficulty in the mathematics courses in Hebrew and made me a little cold, I am a guy who invests a lot but does not see myself as a mathematical genius (more attracted to programming), mathematics does not come easily to me and 

Anyone who studied Computer Science in Hebrew and can share some information? 

Thank you

I'd love to hear what you would do

My direction is more to the Hebrew University (perhaps two circles)

Link to content

The level of math in Hebrew is quite high. I do not know what it is like in other places, but in Hebrew they do 1-2 infi (although info in computer science, not of mathematicians. On the other hand also not infi of engineers which is less difficult) and I think they are more difficult From the parallel courses in Ben-Gurion (Hadua 1-2) in terms of content and also more busy in terms of credits. In addition to Hebrew, it seems to me that they do the logic of mathematicians (or Info 3 as an alternative course, both of which are second-year courses).

Link to content

My recommendation: Wait and go to Hebrew in October. You have enough time to prepare for the load. There are great books that can be found online instead of buying hundreds of shekels. Especially in English, but also in Hebrew (for example, the books of Ben Zion Kun and even some of the Open University which are excellent for self-learning).

My recommendation is not to use these books for the purpose of coming up with "FOR" at the beginning of the year. Not to accumulate mathematical knowledge but to gain experience in dealing with mathematics. Even so, learning at the university is mostly independent and is not simple; It is better to develop mental nerves and strength in time rather than trying to acquire this ability during the first year.  

And of course if you want two-circles then Hebrew is the most convenient option (they allow you to combine almost anything). 

This is a very nice experience, and if you combine with a non-scientific group then you also have a great variety of campuses (two completely different worlds)

Link to content

There is no comparison. If you are accepted to Hebrew you go there.

Many workplaces consider college graduates more than all college graduates.

You will try to take advantage of the time to make it easier for yourself to study mathematics. I also recommend an open book that will be worth your investment.

You could certainly start a degree at that age, and even those who started older than that would be taught to me.

Link to content

Because I am also in a similar dilemma, I would like to add a question: What is the difference between the Hebrew title and the rest of the degree? I realized that they are considered to be very stubborn and difficult especially on the subject of mathematics, how true is it and how much does it affect?

Link to content

Historically, the degree in Hebrew in the Talmud was always aimed at mathematics, and for many years there was a great overlap in the studies of the two departments, since the establishment of this school of engineering has somewhat moderated, but it is still in the "genes" of the department.

The truth is that some areas of computer science do require a high mathematical background, but not all of them. In any case, mathematical thinking is important in the study of a teacher.

Link to content

Quote of borsood

Historically, the degree in Hebrew in the Talmud was always aimed at mathematics, and for many years there was a great overlap in the studies of the two departments, since the establishment of this school of engineering has somewhat moderated, but it is still in the "genes" of the department.

The truth is that some areas of computer science do require a high mathematical background, but not all of them. In any case, mathematical thinking is important in the study of a teacher.

That means I'll learn more math than computers? Say I consulted with someone who studied at the Lev Institute and he told me that his wife studied in Hebrew and they are very difficult and very much 'attributed' to some of the things and they are committed to nonsense. Is there any truth to that?

By the way, where did you learn?

Link to content

Quote of nargsi

Because I am also in a similar dilemma, I would like to add a question: What is the difference between the Hebrew title and the rest of the degree? I realized that they are considered to be very stubborn and difficult especially on the subject of mathematics, how true is it and how much does it affect?

Between where and where do you decide?

Link to content

Quote of itzhak59

Between where and where do you decide?

My situation is complicated. It is either studying in Hebrew or in the open, and I am absolutely not prepared to study in its opening.

My second option is to wait for the army and then choose between those I want, which in my opinion will be Hebrew or the Technion.

I'm going to a very challenging program to learn computers rather than mathematics ... understand?

Link to content

It is important to understand that a large part of computer science is mathematics. It is not necessary to have a mathematical basis, because a significant part of the degree is mathematics.

In Tel Aviv, for example, I would say that compulsory courses are generally divided into three parts:

Courses that are net mathematics - linear, khedo / infi, probability, etc.

Courses that are a practice of computer science - programming, operating systems, software project, etc.

And courses that are a theory of computer science - data structures, algorithms, computational logic, and so on. These courses have a very strong emphasis on mathematics (and some are even completely mathematical).

Link to content

To pass the degree for sure you need all this math :)

In practice it depends, if you are going to program And a user interface then needs very little of it, if you go to Google to develop a car that travels alone then yes need a large part of it.

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site