Ubuntu 12.04 does not want to work - Linux, Mac and other operating systems - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Ubuntu 12.04 does not want to work

Hello everyone...

I have the Ubuntu 12.04 operating system on a VMware virtual machine

I need it as part of one of the courses I'm studying,

Today the software wanted to update itself (I would usually postpone the update) to the 14.04 version

And since the operating system does not cost, I tried to search on Google but I did not find anything ...

Does anyone mog what can I do to restore to the previous version or will it just work ???

Thanks in advance :)

Ubuntu

12.jpg

Link to content

Rootfs seems to be loading.

Upload the system in single user mode and check which partition belongs to the UUID in the image (using blkid). Something might be screwed in fstab after the upgrade.

In most cases, fstab could be all mounts with / dev / sdX and now switch to UUID of disk (what happened in Debian from 7 to 8).

Link to content

Quote of multicore

Makes registered rootfs that will be loaded.

Upload the system in single user mode and check which partition belongs to the UUID in the image (using blkid). Something might be screwed in fstab after the upgrade.

In most cases, fstab can be found in all mounts today with / dev / sdX and now switch to UUID of disk (what happened in Debian from 7 to 8).

As far as I'm concerned you spoke Chinese now lol ...

I'll check with Gogol what you said

Link to content

Quote of multicore

What is the output of:

cat / etc / fstab

?

When I registered this command as you noted you received that there is no such file or folder

Could there be something missing in my Syntax?

Link to content

It's a pity that basic use of an academic operating system is not taught ...

I did not understand the connection to the apt log, but in any case the answer is in front of you - the operating system is trying to mount to the swap partition by incorrect UUID.

The fastest way is to turn off the swap with the swapoff command and restart the system (reboot / init 6).

Link to content

Quote of multicore

It's a pity that basic use of an academic operating system is not taught ...

I did not understand the connection to the apt log, but in any case the answer is in front of you - the operating system is trying to mount to the swap partition by incorrect UUID.

The fastest way is to turn off the swap with the swapoff command and restart the system (reboot / init 6).

I do not know ... I'm just looking at Google for everything that could be related ... and just experiment and wonder ..

And I would be happy if you could write me a precise syntax ... it's not that kind of an intuitive ...

For example, I wrote a two-flag swapoff without an experiment ... and it will be good, but I do not feel like doing more damage at this time

Link to content

Yes the same error ... means coming to the same screen in the run of the virtual machine ...

And when you said: 

a quote

Enter the line of the swap to comment in fstab (starting at #).

You meant:

nano / etc / fstab / #swap or nano / etc / fstab / #swapoff or nano / etc / fstab / #swapoff -a

These are the three commands I tried to write down ... (all three of which gave me a "new file, which I have no idea what to do with")

Please remember, my knowledge of Linux is almost nil, beyond the campus program in C language opening folders / files and some basic commands I know nothing

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Amazon's parade continues

Amazon's parade continues

Come and be impressed by another list of great prices for quality hardware products and gadgets that can make your credit cards work overtime