Consultation regarding preparation for studies from DMH - Studies and job offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Consultation regarding preparation for studies from DM

sub100

Peace,
I'd like to start studying computer science.
I've got two questions:
I wanted to consult about recommending books that would give me a basic background in the field.
Which books do you recommend to start with (I guess it will mostly be programming books.) To come more or less ready for what I'm going to learn.
Which programming language is best to start with?
I would be happy to help you in the field, even books in English and paid books. Or if there are other sources videos, information sites and more
Question 2: What kind of work on computers can you begin while you graduate to gain experience?
PS: I have a certificate in the field of technician - (Although I did not invest so much in the field and I do not work at this moment)
The question of whether the subjects I will teach in the title will help me in the field of the " And the networks or it's mostly programming.
I would be happy to help with this.
Thanks

Link to content

You're not in the direction, when I studied computer science (many years ago) most of the degree was made up of mathematics.

This is what you will learn in most of the mandatory requirements for a degree (do not know where you study), I know a friend who has just studied 6 or 7 courses in computer science because it was easier for him. The majority really learn more but you can avoid most courses if you really want to. The game is in the selection courses (usually, again, do not know where you begin to study).

I think you get confused and you think you're coming to a similar degree in software engineering.

Computer science is a degree that is considered (academically net) in the sub-field of mathematics. Administratively it is in many cases a faculta in itself but it is only technical.

editing:

I have now entered the Open University's programs in Computer Science and Software Engineering. To my surprise, the differences are much smaller than what I knew (or at the Open University the differences were always small) so that what I wrote you might be less relevant.

My academic experience includes the Technion and Bar-Ilan University. Where are you going to study? Probably the counseling you need is more directed at university and someone who has studied in recent years ...

Edited By yigael_o
Examination of curricula.
Link to content

I'm going to college, and from what I understand, the courses are more practical, so can they be more practical than the open ones?

If you can ask, which area do you deal with computers?

And let's say that in addition to the math I'm learning, I want to get into the field of programming, with what should I start?

Are there still people who have a degree in computer science and are involved in networking?

Link to content

Quote of sub100

I'm going to college, and from what I understand, the courses are more practical, so can they be more practical than the open ones?

What college if you could ask?

More practical why?

Most of the degree deals with science, not programming Or computer technicians. Practical courses for you You can choose as second secondary elective courses for the most part. Check with the institution you intend to study which elective courses you have if it is important to you.

If you want to accumulate some background then first of all I would recommend returning / learning material of 5 units of high school mathematics. Not everything is relevant from there but many things do. Among other things, to practice algebraic techniques and other basic things that you have forgotten / are not strong in.

In terms of programming I suggest that you check the language you are going to learn "Introduction to the Palmach" which is the first course in which you learn a programming language, usually java or C. Therefore you will start to learn some of the language you are going to learn online and even try writing basic programs. The more advanced you are, the easier it will be for you during the first semester.

Edited By --- The King ---
Link to content

I took a few courses in OP in the computer science track, a little more or less familiar with the syllabus.
To prepare well for studies as they said will strengthen the math much of the degree will be around math.
And look at the syllabus of the courses and you will see which programming languages ​​are learned 
I know that in the introduction the introduction is in Java and there is also an advanced course in Java
And later also study C  

Edited By Yehudaa
Link to content

• 3 months later ...
Quote of sub100

If you can ask, which area do you deal with computers?

No problem asking. I'm even ready to answer.

Since then I have been involved in several fields. C / CPP key. C # key. Consultant and brain researcher, as well as in the field of DEVOPS. What I do most of the time in my new job is this C #.

Quote of sub100

Link to content

• 1 month later ...

As a first-year student of the college, here is my second cent:

Rejuvenate your math level. If you can learn good by yourself then give a glimpse into the relevant math subjects (Infi / Hedva, Linear ....) to try to reduce the market of the beginning.

* Find out according to the institution to which you come with some programming language to start as an introduction, and learn it slowly. Today there are great web directories that will give you a good foundation. The difference is very noticeable in the introductory course for programming between those who arrived without any previous acquaintance with the code and those that do.

* If you have the option to make a preparatory math / programming program I highly recommend! This will be a month that will let you feel the intensity of your studies, refresh the material and even if your entry will not be the smoother it does not affect your degree score.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site