Overclocking - GIGABYTE - is it possible? - Overclocking and Cooling - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Overclocking - GIGABYTE - is it possible?

Omri Azran

Hi friend,

I do not have such background in Overclocking, I would be happy to help you in FINE TUNING to motherboard and CPU if possible.

I want to improve performance on my computer for a while until I buy a new computer in the coming months.

Do not know where to start, and what needs to be done but is my specification ... and also CPUID snapshots (if relevant ...)

In the chassis itself - there is a fan on the processor and one fan on the front side of the chassis below.

The current specification:

Operating System: Windows 10 - x64bit

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 @ 3.5Ghz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97-HD3
Ram: DDR3 / SDRAM 2x4 - upgraded to 2x8 Ripjos (next week)
Storage: SSD 500GB + 2TB
Video Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 - 4096 MBytes of GDDR5

It is important to note that this is a daily work computer

Most of the work is in PHOTOSHOP and ILLUSTRATOR with some video edits

Lots of tasks at the same time whether it's open projects, browsers, email etc.

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-43.jpg

Edited By Omri Azran
Link to content

In order to perform OC you need support from the processor and the chipset, in your case only the chipset (Z97) supports and the processor does not (need a processor with open multiplier, for example i5 4690K), so you can not perform OC.

Link to content

You can basically change the base speed, actually up to 103 105 and this often causes instability in short is not recommended.

You can change the product to 39 for all cores.

According to the values ​​at the moment it will give an effort improvement of 2%.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site