Welcome to the OC system - Help - Overclocking and cooling - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Want to experiment with the OC system - your help

huber

Hi friends. 

In my past, I dealt a lot with OC. In recent years I have quite moved away from the field and of course there have been quite a few changes. I feel like experimenting with OC in my system, not looking to break records but just a reasonable addition. This is my system. 

Intel Skylake Processor i7 6700K Socket 1151 8MB 4.0Ghz Tray 

Cooler Enermax ETS-T40 CPU Cooler 

Motherboard GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 

Fractal Design Define R5 Black 

SAMSUNG 850 EVO 1TB gigabyte 

GIGABYTE GTX 1080 G1 

32GB 2600MHZ 

Power Supply 750W 

Link to content

I do not agree with you. This may be true in many cases but there are cases where speeds do improve performance.

For example, in gaming, memory conversion can contribute to performance in a noticeable way. For me there is an example From 2400Mhz to 3200Mhz and there are games that the difference is 15FPS. Not significant?

Processor-accelerated video edits have a great effect on render times. It is also factual, assuming there is It's good that he knows how to handle the high frequencies of course.

The late approx. A screen is often unnecessary because it almost always gets hot and then lowers its frequencies to cool down. This is useful only in uses where approx. Does not work continuously for long periods of time and then is not warm enough.

Link to content

Quote of --- The King ---

And there are games that the difference is 15FPS. Not significant?

dependent. If the difference is between 100FPS and 115FPS then no, it is not significant ...

And it's true that editing There is a difference (this is about the only area where hardware has been overkill in recent years) but again, in practice, 10% difference means that instead of 30 minutes for any render it will take 27 minutes. significant? In my opinion, negligible.

In any case, he did not mention that he needed it for editing .

Link to content

Quote of Milford Cubicle

dependent. If the difference is between 100FPS and 115FPS then no, it is not significant ...

70 to 85 (approximately). I'm with an 60Hz screen but what's next when there are falls then instead of 50FPS I get 65FPS.

Not a crazy difference, but yes something nice. I would not say it gives nothing.

And true, he did not specify uses so I asked. And true, for most people 10% of render times are not worth much either. But yes there is an impact. And you can even get another 5% extra for performance in edits with faster memory by lowering timings. Together it is already 15% + -.

Link to content

Quote of Milford Cubicle

You have no reason to do overlock if it's not for fun and fun. You will not get anything from it, no extra Performence Practical.

You have a very strong system this way and you will not feel any extra 10% in any real use beyond the tests Performence Static ones that have no meaning in the real world.

Practical it's relative, 10% is not much but still it's extra performance like that for free without money and also does not take much time, so why not actually?

Basically what you have to do is look at Bius where you raise a product, and you will go up gradually. Each time you run Prime 95 or another program that checks stability. 

When you reach the limit, you can add voltage and then again upload a product. You do not want to add a lot of stress, it's not healthy. Give it up anyway.

Same movie about the memories. Only here you can also release schedules and then hurry up more. And you can add stress, less terrible than a processor. (Still do not overdo it)

Of course you will check temperature while testing stress. Try not to pass the 80-85.

Link to content

Quote of --- The King ---

I do not agree with you. This may be true in many cases but there are cases where the speeds do improve Performence.

For example, in gaming, memory conversion can contribute to performance in a noticeable way. For me there is an example The fast From 2400Mhz to 3200Mhz and there are games that the difference is 15FPS. Not significant?

That's exactly what I want. I play games at And there are games (like kingdom come) that dive under 30 FPS even in medium settings. So even 10% will cost me from 27 to over 30, a blessing. This is not an OC for the graphics accelerator (this model is already being shipped from the manufacturer) but to a processor / memory.

I found web directories but only about boards of ...

Link to content

How do you check the utilization of a ticket? With which software? And for the processor, why not rush it along with the memories? And if anyone has a guide to speeding up the memories (and the processor) that fits the GigaBit tables I'll be happy.

Link to content

You can test efficiency with the msi afterburner software, but I do not believe there is a game where your CPU will limit the card. Certainly not in . Check it out anyway.

And why not speed up the processor? Because if it works at a load less than 100% (say 60%) then His will not help you. What limits you is probably the graphics card.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site