Advice on continuing studies - studies and job offers - HWzone forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Advising on continuation of studies

Hi guys,

I need advice about the continuation of my life,

A little background about me:

I'm about to be thirty, I did not Because of exemption (problems ..) 

I have been in the computer field for about a decade, most of the time I was self-employed, about a year and a half ago 4-5 years ago I worked as an employee.

Today as a freelance, I deal more with small companies / individuals.

Recently I got a little tired because I work a lot, and my relative salary is not that high if I compare to my friends who did the same way as employees ..

My studies during the course of my life:

-Director Mcitp Enterprise

About 8 years ago I finished the course of ,

And about 6 years ago I finished the management course .

I am now seriously considering doing some information security course I have been thinking about the direction of CISO

My main goal is to try to get involved in the IT industry and not lose my time as an HD supporter (because I do not have experience in large companies ...)

I think I've just outlined my problem,

I would be very happy if someone could help me because I was really at a loss.

Thanks in advance!

Post Reply Direct Link To This Post
  • 3 weeks later ...

Do not you have any of the small companies / clients you work with who can arrange a job interview for an initial position in information security?

It does not sound amazing and probably will do less than you do now, but to get into this industry needs or experience from the army or connections (in general, there are always exceptions).

The course itself will not give you work, the order is reversed, you start working and slowly begin to send you to all kinds of enrichment courses (which you are likely to get funded by the company you work for, even pay you for the time you study)

Quote of BenderTheOffender

Do not you have any of the small companies / clients you work with who can arrange a job interview for an initial position in information security?

Unfortunately, not that I know ..

It does not sound amazing and probably will do less than you do now, but to get into this industry needs or experience from the army or connections (in general, there are always exceptions).

The course itself will not give you work, the order is reversed, you start working and slowly begin to send you to all kinds of enrichment courses (which you are likely to get funded by the company you work for, even pay you for the time you study)

Okay thank you,

The problem is that I do not even have where to start.

What do you recommend to start looking for now, a job as a network manager? 

I'm really confused ..

I'll start by not having a good answer.

Some lines of thought that one can try to develop:

1. Start your resume resumes for all QA jobs, loopholes monitoring centers In real time (search SOC on Google, this is a very specific entry to the cyber, I do not know what are taught in technician course But assume that different transfer protocols are included then it will be a plus for your benefit), SYSADMIN (will be closest to the qualifications you currently have) or DEVOPS

2. Now that you know that someone needs to be "pulled" into the software, you will begin to take steps accordingly. If the dog's uncle's son has a friend who works for a cyber company and can arrange an interview for you then you succeed. Look for these people, you'll start to find out. Check out will be someone who knows someone who can help.

3. Open a LinkedIn profile If you do not have one, the more exposure your name has to more places, the more likely you are.

Facebook is also a powerful tool, just need to reach the right groups.

4. Start refreshing your knowledge on the nets, learn scripting, PYTHON will be relevant if you are aiming for cyber, do small projects so that you have something to show and so that there will be a reason to invite you for an interview and not a second year student.

All these do not conflict with each other, and should not take too much of your daily routine (except 4).

First of all thank you for the time you have taken for me, it is really not self-evident.

1. The truth is that when I worked as an employee a few years ago I worked for a company And towards the end I was placed in QA and the truth is that I was not so connected to it. (And the truth is that this is one of the reasons I am tired of working there ..)

About SOC I doubt I have enough knowledge to get into it right now.

And for me DEVOPS Because I remember about six months ago I checked the subject, and you need basic knowledge in programming. And I do not have one, and unfortunately I'm not so attracted to it .. 

Regarding SYSADMIN I also do not know if they will accept me because the companies I have worked with so far are more small businesses, and I do not know how much this experience I have can be relevant for SYSADMIN..

2-3. I will try to understand how all social networks can help (even if I hate it .. but if there's no choice I'll try to dig a little bit on the subject)

You're right, regardless I need to refresh my knowledge of networks, I've dealt with it very little lately.

When you say Are you referring to PowerShell? 

I will really try to walk towards the PYTHON because even for DEVOPS I remember needing it as a threshold requirement.

And what kind of projects can you offer? To have some direction?

Thanks for all the helpful advice!

Edited By benn

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site