Other screen searches for 4K HDR normal - Computer screens - HWzone Forums
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Looking for another normal HDR 4K screen

Hi friends.

Searching for a computer screen With support on . Most of today's monitors support the market Conform to the standard DisplayHDR  Which sets the brightness too low for "True". Here is a perfect example of this:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/monitor-reviews/lg-32ud99-w-review/

A few items stand out in the HDR10 specification. These are the use of the Rec. 2020 color space, 10-bit color depth, and a maximum brightness value of 1,000 nits. LG's 32UD99-W is an impressive monitor, but it does not fully support these features. The brightness value is the most notable problem, because the monitor is quoted to hit a peak of 550 nits with a typical maximum of 350 nits. Our test equipment registered a maximum of 360 nits with the brightness setting turned all the way up. That's not bad for a monitor, but it's far short of the best HDR10 can deliver.

Which leads to the question of whether there is a screen ל Which supports In a normal way at a sane price (I saw how many prices are needed for the Mishkan as a whole, irrelevant)?

Edited By huber
Post Reply Direct Link To This Post
  • תגובות 56
  • Opens on
  • Last comment

Prominent participants in the discussion

Prominent participants in the discussion

Yes, I too came to this conclusion after a search. The prices of normal HDR monitors (those that reach reasonable illuminances that allow quality HDR) are so high that it is simply unrealistic. Currently the price of a 31 "computer screen with HDR (and there are maybe 1-2 options at the moment) can be purchased 55 "with . joke.

"32 is generally a troublesome size on computer screens in terms of cost.28" and "42 cost half price from" 32. Even though "compromises" on the VA the price drops.

What clarity do you think is needed in the path High quality?

Maybe with the VA panel the price drops but also the quality, many scenes in the media do not look good because of the blackness of the VA and the colors look more washed. Fix me if I'm wrong and you're also welcome to recommend a VA screen 32 ....

Quote of QttP

"32 is generally a troublesome size on computer screens in terms of cost.28" and "42 cost half price from" 32. Even though "compromises" on the VA the price drops.

What clarity do you think is needed in the path HDR High quality?

1000 cd / m2 to the best of my recollection this is the minimum parameter for It is reasonable to assume that the problem that exists today on computer screens (HDR600 or even 400) is too low to provide Quality (or at least in every review I read about these screens).

Not locked on size, I have currently 31 ", it is advisable not to go down in size but if you must.APA has 28" with High quality and reasonable price?

In any case at the moment it seems to me that there are really no computer screens with Quality, with the exception of 1-2, which cost so much, making them an unrealistic option.

Edited By huber
Quote of Ninpo

Maybe with the VA panel the price drops but also the quality, many scenes in the media do not look good because of the blackness of the VA and the colors look more washed. Fix me if I'm wrong and you're also welcome to recommend a VA screen 4k 32 ....

I would say that the price drops and the quality may drop, but it certainly will not fall. It is not TN after all, and also has improvements relative to the old VA.

Colors are washed faster at angles, that's right. Paradoxically, television is less disturbing than on computer screens, because televisions often sit at a distance, creating horizontal angles that are less wide than on computer screens. The vertical angles are usually more significant, but here the VA does not have a problem like TN.

As for the blacks, what problem do you mean? Historically, the VA blacks were the best of all technologies, although here too the differences narrowed, but VA still has some advantage.

For that matter, I also have personal experience, because my TV is a TV Old - I think the model is 42LE5300 or something like that, and it is with a VA panel. I do not feel in watching not a problem with the angles and not with the blacks. What's a bit annoying (in long dark scenes in a low-light room) that you see clearly white X backlight, but it's not related to the panel technology, but more to the fact that it's LED light in a rather premature and not very high quality.

Recommend screens "32 VA I can not pull out, because like I told you in a discussion a few weeks ago, I ended up going deeper into my pocket and took IPS. The EW3270U is VA (Which was also mentioned in that discussion), has a very good general opinion (including the HDR, within the limitations you and Huber have already mentioned), but all of them without exception complain about his relatively narrow viewing angles. I do not know if this is something specific to its panel or it will characterize any VA screen of that size.

Edited By QttP
Quote of huber

1000 cd / m2 to the best of my recollection this is the minimum parameter for HDR It is reasonable to assume that the problem that exists today on computer screens (HDR600 or even 400) is too low to provide HDR Quality (or at least in every review I read about these screens).

I read about it a little after I asked, and from what I've been able to understand, it's like this: what matters in the end is the contrast. Meaning that it is possible to make do with a lower maximum brightness if the blacks are deep enough, since practicality does not need 1000cd / m2 For indoor viewing conditions. If you see On the DisplayHDR site Then you will notice that their most stringent devices are not necessarily those with high brightness, but with the deep blacks (HDR400 / 500 True Black). The question is whether there are agree that these standards are at a reasonable price, and I am afraid, as you discovered, that I did not.

Not according to what I know. High brightness is very critical to High quality. This figure is measured in cd / m² and the recommended is 1000 or higher (at least temporarily, when content is displayed On the screen), with most computer screens barely closing 400 (at best 600 for a short time). There are 2-3 screens that do (those that apply Full Array Local Dimming lighting), but they cost a fortune:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/best-hdr-monitors/

Take an example here:

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/samsung-c27hg70/

Note that we've included the brightness setting used for content. We preferred to use a significantly higher brightness setting when viewing content, as it tended to look too 'dull' otherwise and did not really deliver

the intended experience.

This principle meets all my requirements - except for the price :D

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236885&Description=ROG SWIFT PG27UQ&cm_re=ROG_SWIFT_PG27UQ-_-24-236-885-_-Product

Edited By huber
Quote of huber

Note that we've included the brightness setting used for HDR content. We preferred to use a significantly higher brightness setting when viewing HDR content, as it tended to look too 'dull' otherwise and did not really deliver the intended experience.

Well, that's pretty obvious. 100% brightness is about 600nit and 20% is about 120nit? It is said that 100-150nit is optimal for working against typical home-based text, so it is not likely to achieve high contrast to HDR under the same conditions. Also, many screens fail to reduce the level of black enough when the brightness decreases, which actually causes lower contrast at low brightness levels (I do not know if this is the situation on the screen of the review because somehow the contrast graphs are not reflected in me).

In the end everything is relative to the level of backlight. There is no value of clarity that can be said to be optimal for any situation or condition. What best is that you agree that you know how to go up and down.

Edited By QttP
  • 3 months later ...
Quote of huber

Hi friends.

Searching for a computer screen 4k With support on HDR. Most of today's monitors support the market HDR Conform to the standard DisplayHDR  Which sets the brightness too low for HDR "True". Here is a perfect example of this:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/monitor-reviews/lg-32ud99-w-review/

A few items stand out in the HDR10 specification. These are the use of the Rec. 2020 color space, 10-bit color depth, and a maximum brightness value of 1,000 nits. LG's 32UD99-W is an impressive monitor, but it does not fully support these features. The brightness value is the most notable problem, because the monitor is quoted to hit a peak of 550 nits with a typical maximum of 350 nits. Our test equipment registered a maximum of 360 nits with the brightness setting turned all the way up. That's not bad for a PC monitor, but it's far short of the best HDR10 can deliver.

Which leads to the question of whether there is a screen 4k ל PC Which supports HDR In a normal way at a sane price (I saw how many prices are needed for the Mishkan as a whole, irrelevant)?

What did you buy at the end? I'm just looking for an IPS screen (and the truth is that This is nice but less critical) .... the best screen I found on paper are not sold at all in the country, and what is already sold is going up in price ....

• 1 year later ...

So two years have passed, I'm still "stuck" with a 1080P screen. Now that the RTX 3080 and gaming b At a reasonable price is an option, come back to wondering again - there is a screen For gaming with Normal at a reasonable price?

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site