Need Board + Processor + Memory Acceleration Recommendation - Overclocking and Cooling - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Needs board recommendation + processor + memory with acceleration capability

ha

I probably didn't draft the title well, but I want to whip out the current junk I'm stuck with for something new and not where to start ...

Today my system includes:

- Processor: i5-4690K 3.5GHz in the LGA1150 bracket that was previously accelerated to 4.4GHz.

- Motherboard: Z87 XPOWER (MS 7811)

- Video card: Redaon RX570

-Cooling: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V V3 Plus

Package: Antec's P280

- Supplier: HydroX 650W

- Discs: 2 SSD (In RAID1) and other regular 4 hard drives.

-Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit.

Consider as many SATA connections as possible with RAID support

Click here to is very Unsatisfied with her, her first year worked fast and smoothly but for the past two years she started to have problems and I was unable to continue working with her accelerated and returned to the Stock Frequency. In the last few months, he has started jjaja and acting strange (getting stuck for minutes on board, changing BIOS settings and losing my disk in RAID for example ...), I have some time in the coming month to pick up a new system so I decided to stop rejecting and change to something new, fast And stable. So some questions.

- Is it worth replacing only a motherboard? On the one hand, this is the simplest, fastest and cheapest solution of all, but I did not find any board that supports the LGA1150 bracket with any acceleration capability.

- Assuming I can get to the price of about 2500-3000

* What is the worthwhile processor in terms of price / performance? I guess it's some i7 but what sub-model? The only ones I saw in Zap with the K extension are the 9700KF and the 9700K (bspeed Ghz 1.2 According to "Zapp" ...) which brings me to NIS 1600

* What is the motherboard worthwhile? After my good experience with three boards with Asus (and Mr. experience with "Recommended") I'd rather stay with , I saw the APZ390A which looks nice in terms of capabilities but something seems a bit strange to me because it comes with a holder 1151 but the 9700 is supposed to be with 1150. If it fits then it will cost about 800 NIS. Anyway what is the board Recommended?

* I would love for at least 16G memory but would love for more. What is the memory worth buying in the remaining 600?

-Is the cooling I currently have (CoolerMaster Seidon 240V V3 Plus) compatible with the new brackets?

If there is anything I forgot / ignored then I would love to update.

Link to content

I started looking a bit and I have a dilemma about motherboards.

There are on Amazon Strix -H Gaming b 798.85 (Incl ARCTIC MX-4)

There is a local store ROG STRIX Z370-H GAMING b 806 Yes.

From what I understood the 370 is a model that is no longer manufactured and the 390 is much newer. And the difference between the chips is plus internal WIFI and USB3.1, which doesn't really matter to me. In any case, the boards support OC though they are not considered the best for performing OC, as far as I'm concerned, if I reach / pass the 5 gigabyte is enough.

Should you wait for a board from abroad (about two weeks) or purchase here immediately?

Link to content

Good to see it in time….

When searching for 9970K in zap it only appears in 1150 bracket, when looking for i7 only in 1151 bracket it does not appear .... a bit strange.

Anyway, on Amazon e Intel i7-9700K Desktop Processor 8 Cores up to 4.9 GHz Turbo unlocked LGA1151 300 Series 95W Appears and sells for NIS 1700 (including shipping and taxes)

Link to content

Okay, so I'm thinking about the next system:

Board: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H Gaming $ 178.99
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K Desktop Processor 8 Cores up to 4.9 GHz Turbo unlocked LGA1151 300 Series 95W $ 385.00
RAM: HX432C16FB3K2 / 32 HyperX Fury 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DIMM (Kit of 2) $ 166.99

$ 756 total or 3,285.35 After delivery, a little more than I would like to pay but tolerable.

What bothers me is the cooling I currently have (CoolerMaster Seidon 240V V3 Plus). Will it fit the 1151 bracket? Is it enough? According to what I have read the power of the processor at 5 gigabytes is about 200 watts (all cores in 5 gigabytes) and I do not know if my cooling will withstand this...

Edited By ha
Link to content

Wonder what's going on here, the forum is dead?

Anyway I ordered everything from Amazon, I saved another 50 NIS in the last second by purchasing another vendor (its delivery date is three days more) and added MX-4 (what I had left a few years ago probably dried up and I don't want to get stuck because of such a stupid thing ...). The expectation is that the order will arrive in about two weeks (with the exception of the processor) and when everything is ready I will assemble the new system.

I checked the coolermaster website and forum on the power dissipation of the 140-seidon-240 and found no answer. What is it stupid that one of the important parameters in refrigeration does not appear in its specifications. Anyway it seems to me that I have seen somewhere that the power dissipation of the 140 (single radiator) is 150 watts so I assume that the 240 (double radiator) will be able to reach the required 200 watts.

Link to content

So now I found another concern???? I am currently with an RX570 video card and preparing to upgrade to some 1070. Will my carrier (650 watts) support the system without fear? Malfunctions due to doubt are the most difficult to solve because it is usually not the one who suspects ....

Link to content

• 3 weeks later ...

I got the board yesterday so I thought about taking advantage of the weekend for assembly and testing.

I planned to use the old seidon-140 that I had stored in the warehouse for a few years and move it to the current board (i5-4770K not accelerated) and then use the 140-seidon-240 that sits on the current board for the new i7-9700K. But what, I found out by surprise that I was missing two screws ...

- I have some old stock fan in the warehouse, I can't remember when I got it, will it fit in the 1550s?

Edited By ha
Link to content

I mounted the motherboard together with the two memory and disk sticks (M2), after connecting the power adapter and screen (motherboard connector) I turned on the system and ... nothing! The board is illuminated and the fans are turning but no signal is output to the screen. I checked again and the power is connected correctly (both the standard connection and the ATX).

I tried the following unsuccessfully:

-I took out the memories and the disk.

-I connected an external video card.

-I took off the chassis and changed my mind.

-I shortened the jumper of the RTC per minute (I read on the net).

What is really disturbing is that The board should be turned on and report status / fault turned off.

The board seems to be DOA ... just to be completely sure, where can I buy the buzzer that connects to the motherboard? I would like to make sure there is no malfunction beep before I return the board.

Link to content

I spoke to Dell and Amazon (quite a waste of time, their support / service people are just ridiculous) and return the board for replacement. According to what was said, the replacement board will come in another two weeks.

Link to content

• 3 weeks later ...

I got the board yesterday, after mounting it signaled that there is a memory problem (with one stick) ... Not bad, cross sticks and I get to the set up. I made sure the computer was up and I hope to install and speed up this weekend.

It still amazes me that the valid card. It's not something I'd expect from "Asus," and certainly not in their more prestigious series.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Amazon's parade continues

Amazon's parade continues

Come and be impressed by another list of great prices for quality hardware products and gadgets that can make your credit cards work overtime