Switching ubunto operating system to windows - Linux, Mac and other operating systems - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Switching ubunto operating system to windows

Hi friends bought me a new laptop of And he came when he was installed ubunto 

How do I delete it and install Windwash I plowed the entire network and did not find a guide that gives a solution to the problem Someone can explain how to do and what to do? I have a good understanding of computers and would love to help 

Important point: I realized that it is not possible to install the Windows on the Ubuntu simply because there is interest with the partitions I was happy to explain in detail what and how to do .. 

Thanks for the helpers 

Edited By his uncle Beaton
Link to content

Quote by Uncle Beaton

I have a good understanding of computers

Sorry, do not even need it ^^^ to install.

Yes, delete at the beginning of the installation and from there continue.

If you delete all partitions before the installation itself begins,

There should be no problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx3uyV3Z2PA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnFns4D6z1Y

Successfully !

Link to content

Log in with the installation disk of (There will be an option "to experience Ubuntu) not the operating system itself

Should be GPARTED installed if not installed 

Through the TERMINAL you will write

sudo apt-get install gparted

After you log in to the software, there will be all the partitions on your hard disk (if you select it from the top in options from all disks including that of the installation you are currently working on)

Rename the partitions to how you want Windows to look and install them (the format of all the partitions you want Windows to see is in NTFS) 

You will then install the Windows installation and install a standard one

Link to content

Quote of iliagildin

Log in with the installation disk of Ubuntu (There will be an option "to experience Ubuntu) not the operating system itself

Should be GPARTED installed if not installed 

Through the TERMINAL you will write

sudo apt-get install gparted

After you log in to the software, there will be all the partitions on your hard disk (if you select it from the top in options from all disks including that of the installation you are currently working on)

Rename the partitions to how you want Windows to look and install them (the format of all the partitions you want Windows to see is in NTFS) 

You will then install the Windows installation and install a standard one

Assuming that what you have suggested is actually done by his uncle, whatever it is quite unnecessary,

Because Delete partitions is possible right from the Windows installation, There's more interest -

Create a disk that fits Hyde mode, whether LEGASY or UEFI.

What's more, his uncle doesn't attach No screenshot, No specifics and nothing.

"I tried and failed" does not help at all.

What did you try, what did you do and how?

There are many smart and knowledgeable people here, a prophet I have not yet found .....   :)

Edited By napoleon45
Link to content

Quote of iliagildin

You are wrong Windows does not recognize either EXT4 or SWAP format with both Windows and Windows installed Linux Windows recognizes only 512 gigabytes for me because of the others that Linux has installed

Hmmm

I'm not wrong because I did exactly that thing on Dell's laptop that came with it .

You're confusing And disk management (even if limited) that comes with installation 

Windows 10.  :)

You can also see it starting at 5:30 in the second video I attached above.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site