Fan Recommendation for CORSAIR 300R WINDOWED Chassis - Overclocking and Cooling - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Fan Recommendation for CORSAIR 300R WINDOWED Enclosure

Pavel Yasko

Hey guys,

I have a case 300R, and the arrangement of the fans is as follows:

Preview of the chassis 2 fans that pull in air, from one rear that pulls out,

I have the option of adding 2 more from the side and 2 from the top.

I am interested in replacing one of the front fans that is broken and adding 2 more.

That means I need you to recommend 3 fans, 1 to put in the front, one to put in from the side and one to pull out from the top.

Is there any recommendation for which fan to buy? (As I realized there are 2 types of fans, AIR FLOW and one with HIGH PRESURE)

I play in COD WARZONE and I did OC for a video card (1070gtx with 3 fans), it reaches 70-75 degrees maximum with open chassis (when it was closed the temp was probably higher).

I want to lower the temp as much as possible so I want to add fans.

Thanks!

IMG_20200406_212755.jpg

IMG_20200406_212803.jpg

IMG_20200406_213252.jpg

IMG_20200406_212233.jpg

IMG_20200406_212750.jpg

Edited By Pavel Yasko
Link to content

No-One Quote

* Please note if your chassis door fans are 120MM.

These are great:

https://www.plonter.co.il/detail.tmpl?sku=BL039&lang=heb&cart=1586214214747440060

And if you're really into investing:

https://www.plonter.co.il/detail.tmpl?sku=BL055&lang=heb&cart=1586214214747440060

The chassis door is where the chassis is open in the picture? (I'm just confused by the concepts already).

If so, then it is possible to put both 120 and 140.

Isn't it better to put 140?

And by the way, there are 2 of 140 on the front of the chassis (one of them broken so I need a new 140 for the front)

And did I see that the fans you proposed are air flow, are they superior to high pressure fans? 

(I don't have a set budget, as long as the temp problem is resolved I have no problem investing, and a quiet fan is also preferred because I leave the computer on at night sometimes)

Edited By Pavel Yasko
Link to content

Let’s make it clear: there’s the front of the chassis, there’s a back side, there’s a top side.

And if you have any other fans aside I think this is about:

Only that I estimated the picture to be 120MM or even smaller

chrome_F7AZRIE0jo.png.708458e4e51aa53960dcbe1b8c8cddf8.png

Larger than 140, less noise and more cooling output

The be quiet is excellent on both the quiet and the other .

The same fan models I suggested for you are also available at 140 MM.

Edited By No-One
Link to content

Quote of Pavel Yasko

And did I see that the fans you proposed are air flow, are they superior to high pressure fans?

In general, they are able to push more air to cool a specific place they are aiming at, such as radiators, or copper piping that dissipates heat, etc.

They will also do the job for the chassis, but they are not intended for it, but to cool the CPU etc. 

And they are noisier.

Or in another aspect AIR FLOW should transmit a large amount of air (relative to high pressure) at a slower flow (relative to above)

Compared to a high pressure that pushes less air but more quickly into a certain place.

In short, AIR FLOW is designed to move MAX air volume through a vent to a certain opening, so they are better for the chassis and also quieter.

There is a case that has a high pressure suitable for cooling, in a case with a very small air opening, or in cases like an HHD cage that you want to cool spot, for this)

Edited By No-One
Link to content

No-One Quote

In general, they are able to push more air to cool a specific place they are aiming at, such as radiators, or copper piping that dissipates heat, etc.

They will also do the job for the chassis, but they are not intended for it, but to cool the CPU etc. 

And they are noisier.

Or in another aspect AIR FLOW should transmit a large amount of air (relative to high pressure) at a slower flow (relative to above)

Compared to a high pressure that pushes less air but more quickly into a certain place.

In short, AIR FLOW is designed to move MAX air volume through a vent to a certain opening, so they are better for the chassis and also quieter.

There is a case that has a high pressure suitable for cooling, in a case with a very small air opening, or in cases like an HHD cage that you want to cool spot, Modding for this)

Thanks so much, you closed me a lot of corners here.

For the image you added to the arrows, if you pay close attention, there are also holes for 140 mm.

In any case, what do you recommend doing, adding one side and one up or replacing only the broken fan on the front of the chassis? 

And what do you say about ml140? Simply because of the situation in the country all stores are closed so I prefer. Order from stores like ksp or ivory, and ksp has the fan that I named.

Link to content

Quote of Pavel Yasko

In any case, what do you recommend doing, adding one side and one up or replacing only the broken fan on the front of the chassis? 

Regarding fans on the side, I did not experiment with their cooling output, although the logic oil indicates that each fan should contribute to the heat dissipation effectively. 

To see the differences in temp with or without a particular fan, here's the difference with \ without front / rear \ upper fans:

Quote of Pavel Yasko

what do you say about Corsair ml140?

What this means:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Fans/Magnetic-Levitation-Fans/ml-pro-config/p/CO-9050045-WW#tab-tech-specs

Link to content

No-One Quote

Regarding fans on the side, I did not experiment with their cooling output, although the logic oil indicates that each fan should contribute to the heat dissipation effectively. 

To see the differences in temp with or without a particular fan, here's the difference with \ without front / rear \ upper fans:

What this means:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Fans/Magnetic-Levitation-Fans/ml-pro-config/p/CO-9050045-WW#tab-tech-specs

https://ksp.co.il/mob/item/34925

Link to content

No-One Quote

This is to give little indication of how this business in general helps to cool:

This is a first suggestion:

https://ksp.co.il/?uin=69222

The guy's check in the country can be wrong, I didn't watch the second video.

In such tests, the processor must run at a constant frequency without boost, etc., because the processors alone lower a frequency to stabilize at temp.

Both the processor works this way and the video card can also affect the VRM and discs.

He may have done it that way, needs to be stressed.

Edited By none77
Link to content

The noise depends on the type of bearing (the noise sleeve bearing grows more than others over time), the shape of the blade, which is more influential than anything else.

A. Wear a fan with less than 1200 rpm (very quiet considered 800).

B. Wear a fan with a 4-pin (PWM) that can be changed to your RPM according to your preference or curve.

(In principle it is also possible with 3 and even 2 pins that connect to the board, but preferably PWM).

** Usually if the type of bearing is not listed on the manufacturer's site it is a sleeve bearing.

Not that you can't buy it, but you should be aware before, its expected life is smaller than others and what I mentioned at the beginning).

Edited By none77
Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site