Help with file with cpio extension - Linux, Mac and other operating systems - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Help with a cpio file extension

Quote of napoleon45

Hey

Before the excavations ....   :)

Why not contact the person from whom you received the file?

Anyway, take advantage of that - 

https://he.downloadastro.com/קבצי חלונות/rpm/

I applied, know how to work only with the file in rpm extension.

The problem is not with opening the file with the opposite process.

Thanks

Link to content

Quote of lompy

Can't figure out what you're trying to do

Rpm files are package manager files of Linux Debian-based, 7-zip does know how to open them.

CPIO files are archive file types similar to ZIP for example but are mostly common on Linux.

Hey

Attempting to scan the contents of the file with the rpm extension and because the file size fails. Only I decrease with zip7 manage to scan the file with the extension cpio ,.

After scanning the file should be returned to the rpm extension, only with the extension rpm knows how to work. I realized I would have to run centos and then execute an archive to a file with a cpio extension, now I have to find the command in Linux 😉

Thanks.

Link to content

I still didn't understand what you were trying to do.

RPM files are files like exe / msi to windos.

RPM includes many things in it. Like before / after install scripts, configuration files, binaries ...

To work with RPMs, you'll need one of Linux

Examples from Linux with RPM :

Installation:

rpm -ivh RPM

List of files to be installed

rpm -ql RPM

You can scroll for more options, for example This link

You can export RPM content and scan, but why return to RPM if the original RPM still exists?

If you want to change the RPM you already need an SRPM file from which you will build your RPM

Link to content

Quote of puu

I still didn't understand what you were trying to do.

RPM files are files like exe / msi to windos.

RPM includes many things in it. Like before / after install scripts, configuration files, binaries ...

To work with RPMs, you'll need one of Linux

Examples from Linux with RPM :

Installation:

rpm -ivh RPM

List of files to be installed

rpm -ql RPM

You can scroll for more options, for example This link

You can export RPM content and scan, but why return to RPM if the original RPM still exists?

If you want to change the RPM you already need an SRPM file from which you will build your RPM

The thing is with the whitening position, doing problems because of the size of the file and only when I open it with zip7 and get a file with the cpio extension the whitening passes.

That's why I wanted the reverse process to collapse with the RPM extension.

According to your explanation, how or where do I read what is done in the background when playing an RPM file? Because when I open the cpio file with zip7 I get an OPT folder with files.

I look like the content is being deployed to the OPT folder and running the install /

Anyway thanks for the help.

Link to content

Quote by Abi Peretz

The thing is with the whitening position, doing problems because of the size of the file and only when I open it with zip7 and get a file with the cpio extension the whitening passes.

What is bleaching ?

Once again, with RPM you have to work on Linux.

An example of a zoom RPM I downloaded from their site. I'm on fedora

An example of what installation scripts it runs

[puu @ chuchu Downloads] $ rpm -qp --scripts ./zoom_x86_64.rpm warning: ./zoom_x86_64.rpm: Header V4 RSA / SHA1 Signature, key ID 61a7c71d: NOKEY postinstall scriptlet (using / bin / sh): #! / bin / bash # Program: # script to run after package installation echo "run post install script, action is $ 1 ..." update-mime-database / usr / share / mime || true # update-desktop-database || true if [-x "/ usr / bin / update-desktop-database"]; then update-desktop-database || true fi postuninstall scriptlet (using / bin / sh): #! / bin / bash # Program: # script to run after package removal echo "run post uninstall script, action is $ 1 ..." ["$ 1" == " 0 "] || exit 0 if [-L "/ usr / bin / zoom"]; then rm / usr / bin / zoom fi

And if I try to see what files are in RPM

[puu @ chuchu Downloads] $ rpm -ql ./zoom_x86_64.rpm

It gives me a long list of files under

/ opt / zoom /

Executable file

/ usr / bin / zoom

And files for under desktop

/ Usr / share /

Edited By puu
Link to content

Quote of puu

What is bleaching ?

Once again, with RPM you have to work on Linux.

An example of a zoom RPM I downloaded from their site. I'm on Linux fedora

An example of what installation scripts it runs

[puu @ chuchu Downloads] $ rpm -qp --scripts ./zoom_x86_64.rpm warning: ./zoom_x86_64.rpm: Header V4 RSA / SHA1 Signature, key ID 61a7c71d: NOKEY postinstall scriptlet (using / bin / sh): #! / bin / bash # Program: # script to run after package installation echo "run post install script, action is $ 1 ..." update-mime-database / usr / share / mime || true # update-desktop-database || true if [-x "/ usr / bin / update-desktop-database"]; then update-desktop-database || true fi postuninstall scriptlet (using / bin / sh): #! / bin / bash # Program: # script to run after package removal echo "run post uninstall script, action is $ 1 ..." ["$ 1" == " 0 "] || exit 0 if [-L "/ usr / bin / zoom"]; then rm / usr / bin / zoom fi

And if I try to see what files are in RPM

[puu @ chuchu Downloads] $ rpm -ql ./zoom_x86_64.rpm

It gives me a long list of files under

/ opt / zoom /

Executable file

/ usr / bin / zoom

And files for under desktop

/ Usr / share /

Good Morning,

That's exactly what I was looking for, what the RPM does. And I read about it in the link 

I will install CENTOS and check what the file does.

Thank you very much for your help and guidance

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site