The IT / Networks or Engineering field - Studies and job offers - HWzone Forums
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

IT / networks or any engineering field

I'm not that close to my release, but it will be a few months later.

I started to think about what would happen to me after the military and in the meantime I have some ideas in my mind, I want to try to go into a technological field because I've always been on the computer (although I haven't done too useful things until now) but lately I started learning a bit about Arduino and also basic lessons on Technical Support (Comptia A +).

From what I understood big, unless you do a degree in electrical / software / computer science then it is very difficult to enter the field without being some genius for already a 13 year old programmer. I read a lot on the internet (don't know how true) that all of Gone Bryce's programming courses etc are a bit of a joke, that most people who finish these courses after paying NIS 15 amount to the fact that they learned a little bit of programming and had to work in a different field at all as a living. The same thing I've heard about the engineer as well, whether it's software or electronics. That's why the IT sector has attracted me more because I'm a person who likes to understand how things work and fix things that don't work. I am very connected to the field of computers (maybe less math and theory). Unfortunately, basic information on how to download games and all this crap I don't really have the knowledge or experience of anything practical or effective. I don't know at all what Active Directory is, hardly know how to connect a computer to a network other than password password, know how to install And that's about it. As I mentioned before I started to tinker with Arduino a bit and in the meantime I really enjoy it but I am also aware that it is just a pretty toy, the hardware and embedded domain is light years more than simple code in the idea of .

I will summarize all this salad I wrote here, is there any point in doing software / electronics engineering? Is it worth this big financial investment? Or is it better to go towards IT (even though the course name is very expensive)? I am a person who likes to understand how things work unfortunately a realistic or mathematical head I do not have and I will be honest with all my heart I do not consider myself improving mathematics units and so because I do not think I have the motivation to do such a thing.

Post Reply Direct Link To This Post

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site