Lack of space on drive to allow game but there is room - PC technical support - HWzone forums
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Guy adsorption

Lacks space on the drive to allow play but there is room

Hello I am trying to install a game in Windows 10 but shows that there is no space, I am trying to go for game removal but there is almost nothing there to empty that there will be space.

I was told about Something but also them I do not see, I tried to do troubleshoot as recommended by the site of But it doesn't help.

What takes up space on my drive (I have 222 something like this) I also tried to check storage space check maybe there are some users that each have limited space But I have not seen such a thing.

What do you recommend to do?

Post Reply Direct Link To This Post

So

I upload photos

In all the pictures I show that there are not too many games that are supposed to take up space, for some reason it takes up a lot of space but there are only two games that do not take up much space, I want to install a game that weighs more than what remains and can not install- must free up space but do not know what to delete because I Do not see things that can be removed and do not understand how to clear what I do not see : )

2020-08-04_19h27_01.png

2020-08-04_19h32_17.png

2020-08-04_19h33_49.png

2020-08-04_19h34_18.png

2020-08-04_19h35_28.png

First of all: Temporary files will check all the boxes (except downloads if you want to save them) and click Delete. These are not important files, and Finnish 10GB.

If you are ready to download Minecraft then also 1.5GB.

Now for the hard work: go through all the programs listed one by one in the settings and delete everything you do not need. If you do not know what it is, Do not delete! Upload a list of all the software you are not familiar with.

How much space do you need for the game?

And if you ask, take up a lot of space because there is a lot of software. For everyone it is like this, meaning for anyone who does not take care to clean the computer occasionally (and is also at risk for viruses, but that's a different story).

Quote by af db creid

First of all: Temporary files will check all the boxes (except downloads if you want to save them) and click Delete. These are not important files, and Finnish 10GB.

If you are ready to download Minecraft then also 1.5GB.

Now for the hard work: go through all the programs listed one by one in the settings and delete everything you do not need. If you do not know what it is, Do not delete! Upload a list of all the software you are not familiar with.

How much space do you need for the game?

Thanks for the answer but I think what you suggested does not solve the problem since there is nothing on the computer except a game or two - temporary files it might be a little more than a gigabyte and not 10 How did you count 10?

Second thing what the hell takes up space of 141 GB.? : ) If almost nothing is installed - how much does the operating system weigh

Quote by Guy Adsorption

Temporary files is maybe a little more than giga and not 10 How did you count 10?

I do not know, my eyes are probably misleading me, I thought that the picture you sent had "Temporary files: 10.9GB" listed. 😉

Quote by Guy Adsorption

Second thing what the hell takes up space of 141 GB.? : ) If almost nothing is installed - how much does the operating system weigh

WINDOWS is not included in the 141GB of "Apps and Features", it has a separate (and respectable) category called "System and Saved" with 23.3GB. Software that comes installed with the operating system actually does, but some space already takes up PAINT? 😄

So I'll come back again: remove any software on the list that you do not need, and what you do not know ask.

And you did not answer me how much space you need.

My point is that even though it says 10G if you count what's on the list it's about 1 gigabyte so I do not understand where the 10 will fit, so with the other lists - the 141 I enter I do not really see a list with 141 and that's what I do not understand (I try to install 89GB - or rather I'm trying to help my nephew)

Look at the lists I sorted by what weighs the most at least, count you manage to get to the gigs?

Edited By Guy Adsorption

A folder should open for you, delete everything in it and update if you have free space

Edited By andralamusya

You can also download it https://tunecom.ru/free-download-wise-care-365-pro.html It comes with a free year license and cleans your computer \ cookies / temporary files \ shows large files as in the software above just a lot more options.

Just make sure you uncheck the browser passwords that will not curse me for life afterwards.

The source is a Russian software forum that gives benefits to its users (maybe someone here will understand the hint lol)

Edited By Red Siskin

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

× The content pasted is with formatting. Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

× Your link has been automatically assimilated. Show as regular link

× Your previous content has been automatically restored. Clear all

× You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

Popular Now: In case you missed

At the top of the news:

Buzz son: Everything hot on the net

new on the site