No view, ostensibly Windows does not go up - PC Technical Support - HWzone Forums
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Hochdorf

No view, apparently Windows does not go up

Peace,

I came back from Canada and the hard drives were in a backpack and got on the plane with me, when I was in Canada for many months they stayed in insulated bomb bags one by one. When I returned to Israel, I connected them to a computer and they worked well for two days. Last night I left the computer on and went to sleep. When I got up I saw that there was no display while the computer was on. I tried several times to turn it on and off to no avail. I noticed that when the computer starts up there is no particular sound that the computer makes, it is not clear to me what that sound is, probably an identification of the motherboard? Because nothing costs on the computer, not only Windows, the BIOS does not cost either!

I tried to connect another screen to no avail. I disconnected my Windows hard drive and plugged in a hard drive that is known to work (from my parents' computer), and the same problem once it is connected to my computer.

Apparently formatting will not solve the problem and there is a bigger problem here, as if the computer does not recognize more critical components like the BIOS or motherboard, what do you think?

Edited By Hochdorf
Post Reply Direct Link To This Post

Try to turn on without any Dix connection to the computer, the BIOS should still go up
And I would look at the board to see if there are no inflated capacitors, burnt parts or a stinky smell of burnt PCB

I turned on without connecting to hard drives and the CD drive (only Was connected), even in such a situation the BIOS did not increase. I looked at the motherboard, the capacitors look fine, the whole motherboard looks fine and without inflated or burnt parts, and there is no smell of anything burnt.

As already mentioned there is no connection to the drives, I would start by removing the battery of the board for a few minutes and return and if not then replace To motherboard if it stood full time unused.
If it does not work try to turn on without And see if the computer beeps (if the speaker is connected)

a quote

You have PC SPEAKER?

Is it referring to a small built-in speaker of the motherboard? If so I am not sure (if it helps I can list here the computer specifications, it is quite old), and if I mean the speakers that are connected to the computer then the computer is connected to the system speakers.

a quote

Remove the board battery for a few minutes and return

did not help

a quote

להחליף battery To motherboard if it stood full time unused.

Dad checked my voltage from the battery and it is 2.9 volts out of 3, apparently new. Do I still need to replace it?

The step with the memories I will perform after exhausting the options with the motherboard battery.

Edited By Hochdorf

A speaker that is connected to the motherboard, quite simple, until today you would hear beeps when the computer was working normally, if so then you have.

And if you have then what do you hear now? , Short / long beeps, how much and what order

Quote of Hochdorf

Dad checked my voltage from the battery and it is 2.9 volts out of 3, apparently battery new. Do I still need to replace it?

If the voltage is normal there is no reason, try running without And see if there are beeps

a quote

A speaker that is connected to the motherboard, quite simple, until today you would hear beeps when the computer was working normally, if so then you have.

And if you have then What are you hearing now? , Short / long beeps, how much and what order

There is no beeping at all.

a quote

Try running without זיכרון And see if there are beeps

3 beeps, pause, 3 beeps and so on.

I.e. the motherboard speaker is working.

What is the specification of the computer? Try unplugging a video card if there is one and connecting the monitor directly to the motherboard

Intel core 2 duo E7500 3GHz, 4GB memory, R7260X OC 2GB

a quote

Try unplugging a video card if available and connecting the monitor directly to the motherboard

That solved the problem! Thank you! There is an intermediate solution. At first I just disconnected the cable from the video card to the video card and my friends to insert the built-in video card, then the computer still did not turn on properly but then I recovered and also disconnected the cable from the video card to provide power.

If so the problem is with the video card, this is a video card I bought back in 2014 to play GTA4, all the specs of my computer are old but I do not play new games anyway.

How do I get the computer to work with the video card again?

It's hard for me to know what the problem might be with the video card, even if I was there it's not something easy to check.
If it's important to you to have a video card I would try to find something cheap second hand.

Another question - do I have to hermetically disconnect the video card from the motherboard? I disconnected the power supply cable and the connection to the monitor, but it is still connected to a bracket on the board

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

× The content pasted is with formatting. Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

× Your link has been automatically assimilated. Show as regular link

× Your previous content has been automatically restored. Clear all

× You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

Popular Now: In case you missed

At the top of the news:

Buzz son: Everything hot on the net

new on the site