New 27 "Screen for next decade (currently with Dell U2312HM 23 for almost a decade) - Computer Monitors - HWzone Forums
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

New 27 "screen for next decade (currently with Dell U2312HM 23 for almost a decade)

Hello everyone, after almost a decade with the U2312HM, I want to buy a new screen (the current one is still excellent, just passing it on to parents).

The 23 "already feels too small for me, so I thought of 27" (seating depth from the screen of about 60 cm).

In terms of gaming, play sometimes and I will probably continue to do so (there will also be an upgrade of the video card in the coming years. for the long run).

At the time, the choice was between Or VA, and today we see in the range of panels and technologies really wide and I kind of lose my arms and legs. Would appreciate help.

In terms of budget? Best value for money (With a vision for the future).

Edited By Fortunes
Post Reply Direct Link To This Post

I'm also with a 9 year old Dell ... I'll probably go for it Dell U2720Q, According to the RTINGS website is one of the best.

LG 27UK650-W better for gaming but also very expensive.

And your 8-year-old Indicates the year of manufacture)

What is the budget?
And if you're planning to play I would by no means go on a 60 Hz screen.
VA screens are cheaper and give more bang for your buck and screens Better and significantly more expensive when the 2K 144HZ VA screen costs about 1500 and IPS almost double.

My budget, say in the 1500-2000 range. But like I said, best value for money. If there's a real sweet spot a little more, I'm fine with that.

The issue of 60 Hz screens versus 144 Hz, is really a novelty for me truthfully. I play Governor 1997, and I was always fine first with CRT and then VA and. It turns out that it is impossible without 144 but :)

So what do you recommend?

Are you a "professional gamer"? You wrote "play sometimes" ...

With all due respect "normal" people do not really need 144Hz, it is for those who know he wants it.

Anyone who does not know he wants it - probably does not need it either.

About Or not, keep in mind that On a 27 "screen gives you a non-ideal PPI - you will probably use zoom regularly, so you will miss the point anyway.

I recently bought the P2720DC (2K resolution) and I am very pleased with it.

If you insist on So there is the U2720Q but in my opinion it is unnecessary.

He's a VA panel, no , Panel With a higher refresh rate will cost more.

Sit down with yourself and decide which is more important to you, a refresh rate or a panel.

If you live in the center look for stores with monitors on display and try to see if a high refresh rate interests you or how much a VA panel is right for you.

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

You have an update

You have an update

Buzz Zone: The Instagram spaces #buzzzone You have an update A photo posted by HWzone.co.il (@ hwzone.co.il) on 2021-01-20 16:09:29 You have an update