Adapter for m.2, and adapter for future motherboard - Volume - HWzone Forums
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Adapter for m.2, and adapter for future motherboard

I have 2 questions 

I intend to buy a new processor of the new generation RYZEN in about six months, by then it should have arrived in Israel and of course New 

אז בנתיים אני מתכוון לקנות את זה https://ksp.co.il/?uin=74894 כדי שמהערכת הפעלה שלי עכשיו תעבור מהHDD האיטי 

Tune this 

https://ksp.co.il/?uin=50334

Then the processor and the new motherboard will arrive and I will move it there.

The question is how will I know if it will fit me for the new motherboard because I realized there are 2 types of m.2 nvme

And also some sizes.

And a second question in the current power supply I only have a 4 pin port can I use one?

https://ksp.co.il/index.php?uin=55244&select=&txt_search=%D7%9E%D7%AA%D7%90%D7%9D%20pin

Or is it just for a graphics card?

Thanks in advance

Post Reply Direct Link To This Post

There are two types of M2:

M2 SATA

M2 NVME

הסוג השני הוא המהיר מביניהם, שניהם כנראה יתאימו ללוח העתידי שתקנה ככה שזו לא בעיה. 

The problem is that the adapter you chose (M2 SATA) does not match the type of drive you chose (M2 NVME) and the fact that the drive is not one of the most successful ones.

Quote of etal

There are two types of M2:

M2 SATA

M2 NVME

הסוג השני הוא המהיר מביניהם, שניהם כנראה יתאימו ללוח העתידי שתקנה ככה שזו לא בעיה. 

The problem is that the adapter you chose (M2 SATA) does not match the type of drive you chose (M2 NVME) and the fact that the drive is not one of the most successful ones.

In what failed way? Because it's less interesting to me reading speeds and such as long as it's faster than a standard HDD by a gap then I do not care.

And it does not fit because it only fits this type? https://ksp.co.il/?uin=48184&select=.1033..152..2255.&txt_search=

המתאם הזה הוא רק לכוננים מסוג M2 SATA והוא לא יעבוד בכלל עם כונן מסוג , There are other adapters that only work with .

לגבי הדיסק עצמו כמובן כמו כל הוא יהיה הרבה יותר מהיר מ-HDD רגיל אבל הוא איטי מדגמים אחרים שהם NVME ואישית אני ממליץ ללכת על נפח גדול יותר. אם לא כל כך אכפת לך מהביצועים אז למה בכלל ללכת על M2 בתוספת מתאמים ולא על Standard SATA 2.5 size?

Quote of etal

המתאם הזה הוא רק לכוננים מסוג M2 SATA והוא לא יעבוד בכלל עם כונן מסוג NVMe, There are other adapters that only work with NVMe.

לגבי הדיסק עצמו כמובן כמו כל SSD הוא יהיה הרבה יותר מהיר מ-HDD רגיל אבל הוא איטי מדגמים אחרים שהם NVME ואישית אני ממליץ ללכת על נפח גדול יותר. אם לא כל כך אכפת לך מהביצועים אז למה בכלל ללכת על M2 בתוספת מתאמים ולא על SSD Standard SATA 2.5 size?

I did not really find adapters I would love for you to help me (maybe on Amazon but I also did not really find a normal price)

And in all the videos I saw on YouTube there is really no big difference between For NVME except for transferring files (which is less interesting to me) but opening the computer and loading games is almost the same.

And I have already Normal it will be in addition to M.2 just has a problem that can not be installed on it .

I prefer a regular M2 even though it's like Normal because it is also more convenient that it is inside the motherboard.

But if I find an adapter for NVME at a normal price then I will also buy the first one I named .

Quote by Ohad Citron

I saw online

I guess you can bring a link to it because the model you bought is one of the most common for several years and if it had serious issues they would be known.

Older computers are usually unable to boot from.

Quote of etal

I guess you can bring a link to it because the model you bought is one of the most common for several years and if it had serious issues they would be known.

Older computers are usually unable to boot fromNVMe.

https://superuser.com/questions/1186476/cant-install-windows-10-on-samsung-850-evo-250gb-ssd-in-asus-k75vm

My computer has sata 3 so I think this is a problem with the drive , And make a bot what m.2 they can? And which drives are compatible with the adapter I posted?

אז בכל האינטרנט מה שמצאת זה משתמש יחיד עם דגם אחר של SSD שהיתה לו בעיה ובהמשך הדיון הוא הצליח למצוא לה את הפתרון. תסלח לי אבל אם הייתה בעיה אמיתית בדגם הזה (ובטח שעם כל של סמסונג כמו שאתה טוען) אז היית מוצא דיונים של עשרות עמודים ואפילו כתבות בעניין באתרים המתמחים בנושא, היו דברים כאלה בעבר אבל זה לא המקרה פה.

המסקנה שלי היא שאם תקנה M2 SATA ותחבר אותו עם מתאם אז אתה תיתקל בדיוק באותה בעיה שיש לך היום עם הסמסונג. אם לא הצלחת להבין מדובר בבעיה של הגדרות UEFI ופירמוט של הדיסק ל-GPT שיותר קשורה ללוח האם מאשר ל-. This is not a malfunction in And this can be solved by proper orderly installation of the system.

Quote of etal

אז בכל האינטרנט מה שמצאת זה משתמש יחיד עם דגם אחר של SSD שהיתה לו בעיה ובהמשך הדיון הוא הצליח למצוא לה את הפתרון. תסלח לי אבל אם הייתה בעיה אמיתית בדגם הזה (ובטח שעם כל SSD של סמסונג כמו שאתה טוען) אז היית מוצא דיונים של עשרות עמודים ואפילו כתבות בעניין באתרים המתמחים בנושא, היו דברים כאלה בעבר אבל זה לא המקרה פה.

המסקנה שלי היא שאם תקנה M2 SATA ותחבר אותו עם מתאם אז אתה תיתקל בדיוק באותה בעיה שיש לך היום עם הסמסונג. אם לא הצלחת להבין מדובר בבעיה של הגדרות UEFI ופירמוט של הדיסק ל-GPT שיותר קשורה ללוח האם מאשר ל-SSD. This is not a malfunction inSSD And this can be solved by proper orderly installation of the system.

Okay so I'll wait and I'll buy NVME with the new motherboard.

And you know tell me what to do to be successful yes use SSD? I tried the rule except for an update That too I do not know if it will help.

And regarding the question of the SATA adapter to 8 PIN do you know the answer?

Quote by Ohad Citron

Can you tell me what to do to be successful Yes use SSD? I tried the rule except for an update BIOS That too I do not know if it will help.

It would certainly not hurt to update Bios in this situation. Beyond that you will make sure that BIOS has the correct settings and then you will start everything on clean, reformat the disk and only then let the installation of Windows work and build all the partitions itself. You know with all the technical discussion you have opened you have not bothered to say anywhere about which system it is, what board it is at all?

Quote by Ohad Citron

And regarding the question of the SATA adapter to 8 PIN do you know the answer?

It's for a graphics card, anyway I do not see how you intend to connect it (male to male ???)

Quote of etal

It would certainly not hurt to update Bios in this situation. Beyond that you will make sure that BIOS has the correct settings and then you will start everything on clean, reformat the disk and only then let the installation of Windows work and build all the partitions itself. You know with all the technical discussion you have opened you have not bothered to say anywhere about which system it is, what board it is at all?

It's for a graphics card, anyway I do not see how you intend to connect it (male to male ???)

image.thumb.png.f148ebb300dc1b981b987ffb9621bcbe.png

This is the board if how do I update it?

And I did install on Clean a few times and failed.

And it's a male to female connection - the adapter is the male and the female is the motherboard. The question is whether this will cause problems because it fits into a so-called video card, so what adapter do I need?

Intel has not been producing motherboards for a long time, you need to go to the manufacturer's website to see if there are any updates .

אתה יודע אולי איזה לוח יש לך? חיפשתי קצת את הדגם שכתוב ב-CPU-Z וזה הוביל אותי רק ליצרן סיני שאף אחד לא שמע עליו, אם זה המצב לא פלא שיש לך בעיות. מישהו מכר לך את זה בארץ או שהזמנת את זה ישירות מאלי אקספרס?

לגבי הכבל תשכח ממנו, הוא לא יכול להתאים לשום דבר שאתה צריך.

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

What is an algorithm and what power does it have in our lives

What is an algorithm and what power does it have in our lives

Algorithm is a concept which is present in almost all areas of life but still tends to confuse many. This is actually, in the most basic way, a track. At the starting point of the route you place the variable factor, which can be a number or a decision of some kind, and at the end the result comes out. The algorithm is the power behind every computer program you have used, but it is widely used in other areas of life as well.