Memory Stick Detection and Question for Computer Operation Problem - Computer Technical Support - HWzone Forums
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Identify a memory stick and a question about a problem running a computer

Hello, my dad has a strange problem with the computer, the computer works all week in a smooth sequence, and after Shabbat it is turned off there is a problem with the operation,

The computer turned on and off after a few seconds, I tried with Other and not helpful, I cleaned the fans + plus replacing the thermal ointment,

And also did not help, the motherboard looks fine without swollen capacitors.

The only thing that helped was removing the memory sticks and releasing the power. At the moment I only returned 2 sticks out of 4, and the computer managed to boot.

Old computer, From 2011, i3 3220 processor.

I would love your ideas for resolving the issue, as well as attaching a picture of the stick , Because I do not know what tension Suitable for computer,

And I thought maybe buy 2 new sticks and that would solve the problem.

20201017_215839.jpg

111111.jpg

Post Reply Direct Link To This Post

These are memories With a voltage of 1.5V

Here is the page of the model https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/Mainstream-Memory/CORSAIR-Memory-—-4GB-DDR3-Memory/p/CMV4GX3M1A1333C9#tab-tech-specs

Maybe it's just one that makes trouble. Run a test on one by one.

You can get by with 12GB . No need to buy new.

• 2 weeks later ...

Update - After checking the memories, power supply, etc., at the end of what turned out to be problems with the operation of the computer is a card I hung him up

And everything came up quickly and immediately, or it did not sit well in its slot, or it shortened something on the board, anyway I took it out and everything was fine.

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site