Success or actually disgrace for generations? The rush around Cyberpunk 2077 refuses to go away - PC Games - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Success or actually disgrace for generations? The rush around Cyberpunk 2077 refuses to go away

yonatan.mendelson

On the one hand, the PC version garners praise and compliments despite the many and bizarre bugs - and on the other hand the broken console version of the ambitious game causes players to get angry and charge for deliberate deception which leads Sony to take drastic steps. Will the determination to put an end to the rejections take revenge on the developer in the future?

For the article

Link to content

The rave reviews from the media for this game show how sick and full this industry is of sites that go for eggshells for fear of losing their sponsors. 

Even if we ignore for an interesting moment game bug fixes that will probably be fixed over time and look at the future potential of the game, this game does not live up to a large part of the features promised to us over the years and it is completely false publication by CD Project. Therefore scores of 80 or higher are simply unrealistic. 

What happened to the previous generation consoles is a complete disgrace both on the part of CD Project who released an unbaked game for too weak hardware and on the part of Sony / Microsoft who were supposed to make sure that a game at such a technical level does not reach their customers' consoles. Customers who bought a digital copy will get their money back, but what will people do who bought a physical copy for $ 60 and can't even play it? Who will give them credit?  

My impression is that the game lacks at least another year and a half - two years of development both technically and in terms of the fact that almost no one has the hardware that can run the game as the developers intended it to run. So what was the pressure to release? Economically there was no pressure because the early sales covered all the development costs. Was there any pressure from Sony / Microsoft for the AAA game at the launch of the next generation consoles? CD Project Greed who saw a historic opportunity to cut a coupon on millions Imprisoned at home in the winter during the Corona plague? It is not clear. 

What is indeed clear is that the reputation of this company has gone to waste and no patch will return it. 

Edited By lev-27
Link to content

Tachles, such a fashionable and advanced game, what was the pressure to release it for the previous generation as well? Definitely pigs she came back to like a boomerang. They would focus solely on computers and the next generation of consoles, so the game would come out more prepared and maybe even with more content, too bad ..
Link to content

As one who plays on it on the computer .. the bugs do not bother me very much ... the main problem of the game is that it just feels lifeless outside the missions..the city looks great..but, just dead .. npcs who do nothing..and if you turn The head for half a second disappears..not to mention the ai of the drivers that just does not exist. The physics are bad and it's very disappointing after all the statements and interviews of the developers that wherever there is a battle it will look like this bro.
Link to content

Quote of amit14

As one who plays on it on the computer .. the bugs do not bother me very much ... the main problem of the game is that it just feels lifeless outside the missions..the city looks great..but, just dead .. npcs who do nothing..and if you turn The head for half a second disappears..not to mention the ai of the drivers that just does not exist. The physics are bad and it's very disappointing after all the statements and interviews of the developers that wherever there is a battle it will look like this bro..in practice a lot of objects do not respond at all to shooting (it is not even possible to puncture car wheels!)

Exactly that. Things that don't work, AI that doesn't work, quests that feel like they cut parts of them in the 90th minute to push the game out as quickly as possible. These things are something that no patch will fix. 

Edited By lev-27
Link to content

First of all, as one who plays the game on , It's an amazing game. Even with the bugs. Secondly, in my opinion the issue of previous generation consoles (xbox one, playstation 4) was caused as a result of this game being very much in the first place and not having to go out at all to consoles that can not handle it. And it was also quite known in the first place that it is possible to make estimates of how many polygons (graphic computing power) and how much texture (memory) the game will use very roughly, and compare to the hardware in the consoles. They were not pre-built for such a load. So either they did not bother to check it out, or they were just greedy regardless of reality. It could also be related to the long time that elapsed between the announcement and the game coming out. By the way, even a pre-engineered version separately for these consoles in my estimation would not have worked particularly well unless concessions would have been made that would have ruined the experience in relation to the full version on the PC. As an actor with , I'm glad I do not have a console. New or old.
Link to content

In my opinion one of the best games to come out recently. His big downside is the hype he had before his departure. As one who played Witcher 1 + 2 before the company became famous I can say that their games were always with bugs and what made the games good was the plot and the characters. I just finished the game yesterday and it was really fun. The shooting is really good in my opinion - also the variety of weapons and the ability to improve them. Also building the character to what style you want to progress (I built a ninja hacker - a pretty weak character but the gameplay was really fun and requires a lot of thinking and strategy). The plot is really good for both the main story and most of the side missions. It could have been better but still ... - there were bugs that hurt the experience and there was also one bug that prevented me from finishing a side task (really sucks - especially that I burned 40 minutes to realize that it was not me who did something problematic but the game). - I did expect more in terms of the NPC's AI in the city. - As one who built a character with high cool and I was expecting a splinter cell experience, the AI ​​is really bad at identifying your sneak - if you are seen for a second and then disappear, they do not come to check what they saw but continue as usual. - There are full of weapons and items that break the game - but there is in most RPGs. The game gets me 7.5 / 10 which is much less than Witch 3 but a great game
Link to content

Quote of bjnhv

In my opinion one of the best games to come out recently. His big downside is the hype he had before his departure. As one who played Witcher 1 + 2 before the company became famous I can say that their games were always with bugs and what made the games good was the plot and the characters. 

I also played the company's games at launch and bugs were, right, but not in a situation where the game hit the market completely broken. 

Link to content

I believe they tried to be popular and did not focus on what they are good at - the plot.

They tried to be everything - RPG, style, stealth game, looter & shooter and more ... and failed.

I enjoyed the plot and did not experience too many serious bugs other than what I wrote in the previous comment.

It's really weird to me that it took them 7 years to develop a game like this. Could be after we had so much hype so they wanted to go towards a new audience that loves looter & shooter and the style of And tried to change the game which broke a lot of things.

As a developer (not of games), I know the phenomenon you are developing Which works great and then the manager comes and demands to add another feature - he thinks it's something small but in practice it affects a lot of things and can break a lot of logic) 

No doubt they screwed up big time - but I still think it's a great game.

Something negative I want to add - the world is pretty dead.

I played Kingdom Come Deliverance very recently and the world there responds much better to you and NPCs have a life of their own. Compared to CP who really does not even try to go in that direction.

Edited By bjnhv
Link to content

I realized that the serious development only started in 2016 after they finished working on Witcher 3. 

I think the game has excellent basics and they certainly could have put out a masterpiece, but totally feel like they are missing another 12-24 months To carry out their vision. 

In addition they had to cancel the game for previous generation consoles and focus only on PC and next generation consoles. Since almost no one has the next generation consoles and in the PC world it is almost impossible to find The next generation without paying a 200% premium, and the early sales completely covered their development costs, what exactly burned them to release the game right now?   

Link to content

The main reason is the fear of public opinion after they have been rejected twice and the criticism that they are pushing the developers to work overtime after they promised it would not happen.

Of course this is my opinion ...😊

Edited By bjnhv
Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site